Quick, allyou aspiring managers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Quick, allyou aspiring managers

Doubront has a 1-0, 3-hit shutout going.  Do you send him out for the 9th or do you bring in Bailey?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Re: Quick, allyou aspiring managers

In response to dustcover's comment:

Doubront has a 1-0, 3-hit shutout going.  Do you send him out for the 9th or do you bring in Bailey?

It's a no brainer...he's been dominant and he has a low pitch count...he's coming out for the 9th.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

[QUOTE]

It's a no brainer...he's been dominant and he has a low pitch count...he's coming out for the 9th.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe not...If he doesn't come out for 9th, I disagree with decision, unless Doubront said he was toast.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Unreal

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Wow

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

OH MY GOSH.  Two pitches, tie ballgame.  Not the first time Johnson has done that to the Sox in the ninth. But to take a guy out with a 3-hit shutout in the 9th with a pitch count in the low-90's, unbelievable!  You give him the ball for the 9th until he allows a baserunner then you might go to the pen.  HOLY SH&T! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Even if he said he was toast, I send him out and tell him to be toast every time he pitches....

I guess the positive side of Farrell's move is that I think it's his first "Win in Spite Of" game. Francona averaged 1 a week for 8 years and some thought he was a great manager. Surprised

[/QUOTE]

Maybe not...If he doesn't come out for 9th, I disagree with decision, unless Doubront said he was toast.

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I assume someone will raise that question postgame.  I'm not seeing anything that would indicate that, but we're not in the dugout.  His last 3-4 innings were all 11-12-13 pitch innings. I really kind of hope that's the case, otherwise he took a possible shutout away from the kid, and Bailey took the W.  Glad we swept, but still...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I agree that he probably could have gone 9IP, but theres another side of it.

Gotta see if Bailey is the closer going forward. They have to let him pitch in high pressure games. Better to find out now, than in september. I know DC and Jasko would understand this..but 1941? I doubt it. He cant even let go of his stale Tito act.

Its not all about getting Doubie the win. Its about finding out what area this team needs to address at the deadline.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenchylfcnsox. Show tenchylfcnsox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Gotta see if Bailey is the closer going forward. They have to let him pitch in high pressure games. Better to find out now, than in september. I know DC and Jasko would understand this..but 1941? I doubt it. He cant even let go of his stale Tito act.

Its not all about getting Doubie the win. Its about finding out what area this team needs to address at the deadline.

Agree 100%. Also Think it's a little unfair that it's all being put on Bailey. A one run save is tough and even Papelbon and Rivera give up runs every once in a while (admittedly Bailey has been bad lately and can't be compared to either of those guys). I do think he deserves some credit for getting on with the on and keeping it tied. The bats didn't exactly set the world alight tonight and blew several chances at tacking on. Guess the nature of the closers role is that he has to be perfect whereas a batter can fail three times out of 4 but still be the hero.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to tenchylfcnsox's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

Agree 100%. Also Think it's a little unfair that it's all being put on Bailey. A one run save is tough and even Papelbon and Rivera give up runs every once in a while (admittedly Bailey has been bad lately and can't be compared to either of those guys). I do think he deserves some credit for getting on with the on and keeping it tied. The bats didn't exactly set the world alight tonight and blew several chances at tacking on. Guess the nature of the closers role is that he has to be perfect whereas a batter can fail three times out of 4 but still be the hero.

[/QUOTE]

I dont really trust Bailey, but they have to give him the ball and decide if hes the guy going forward. Id be interested in bringing paps back. I had hoped they resigned him. Have to wait to see if I get my wish.

I really do hope Bailey proves me wrong and we dont have to make a move. He is a 2 time AS and ROTY closer. Just hasnt really been consistent at all this year, which isnt exactly ideal for the role of a closer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I was amazed when Bailey came out, but maybe did us all a favor--since the Sox still won the game--by blowing still another 9th inning.  He cannot be trusted, period.  I expect to see a new closer next time out.  Tough luck for Doubront, but he still made his point.  Maybe Lester learned something. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

I was amazed when Bailey came out, but maybe did us all a favor--since the Sox still won the game--by blowing still another 9th inning.  He cannot be trusted, period.  I expect to see a new closer next time out.  Tough luck for Doubront, but he still made his point.  Maybe Lester learned something. 

They'll give Bailey the ball again. Hes the closer. What he does over the next month will decide whether this team explores a possible trade for a closer or use an internal option. I dont think Taz would be a good closer. If Miller is on his game, he'd make a better one. Either way, they will give bailey the ball, IMO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He threw a dead central pitch and Johson cleaned it out. Doubrant should have been given the opportunity to win his own game. Instead our closer the Vulture Bailey steals the win from Doubies win column.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

So how do you know whats going on in dugout? Is pitcher feeling one more or is he being pulled to give him that feel good outing. Why have a closer then? If they go 123 in 9th you would never wonder why starter was pulled. So much goes on in dugout between players and managers  we are on here acting like we know so much yet know nothing... It's a no brainer that posters on here do not have a clue yet act like they have all the answers to WHY ????

[/QUOTE]

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts