Quit Dreamin- this 2012 Sox edition blows!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Quit Dreamin- this 2012 Sox edition blows!!

Thanks for your well informed and valuable input.I think you gave us all something to seriously consider.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Quit Dreamin- this 2012 Sox edition blows!!:
    [QUOTE]Boston fans are being taken for fools..This team is GONNA STINK!! Old broken down players - see Youk, Papi, Beckett, every pitcher picked up off the scrap heap. A lineup that does not match up against any other contending team, poor pitching, lost Paps.. can you say 4th place ? bank on it!! Now Sox are playing CHEAPSKATES!! give me a break- charge so much money for a seat yet they are not putting the best possible team out on the field because of MONEY ISSUES ?
    Posted by cactusTony[/QUOTE]

Tony,

I think the cactus got you stuck in a hurting place ...
      Read this ... http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7582465/boston-red-sox-were-thrify-free-agency-not-cheap

It might help you with the "cheap" shot.

As to the rest, Papi's so broken down that he was on the cusp of another 30/100 season, best BA in years .... Youk- ok injuries for a couple years, but not nearly broken down.  Beckett?  Take a chill pill ... he acted like a child for a while but he won't this season ...

Sorry your outlook is so sour.  A little cactus juice might sweeten your opinion ...

Sox will be in the thick of it once again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This team will blow allright, blow right to the TOP! YEEEEEAAH BOI!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

"Bank on it"?  

I'll give you 5:1 odds we don't finish in 4th or 5th.

I'd give even odds we don't finish in 3rd or lower.

This is the year of the "Yank Tank".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Boston fans are being taken for fools..This team is GONNA STINK!! Old broken down players - see Youk, Papi, Beckett, every pitcher picked up off the scrap heap. A lineup that does not match up against any other contending team, poor pitching, lost Paps.. can you say 4th place ? bank on it!! Now Sox are playing CHEAPSKATES!! give me a break- charge so much money for a seat yet they are not putting the best possible team out on the field because of MONEY ISSUES ?

Love how you put "charge so much money for a seat". It really makes you sound like a Sox fan. Well done.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Quit Dreamin- this 2012 Sox edition blows!!:
    [QUOTE]"Bank on it"?   I'll give you 5:1 odds we don't finish in 4th or 5th. I'd give even odds we don't finish in 3rd or lower. This is the year of the "Yank Tank".
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Please tell me that "This is the year of the "Yank Tank" is going to be your next thread. Smile

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't call staying within a budget as being cheap. I also like most of the signings as they are using the Dan Duquette method of signing a bunch of guys who have had some moments in the bigs but for various reasons have found their ways to the recalimation project status. This team will be better than most people think and one things for sure no more chicken and beer! Baseball will be all that's served in this clubhouse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Too many things have to go right in order for the 2012 Sox to be considered for the playoffs.    Suspect pitching, SS, right field and no depth coming from the farm system.   

This is clearly a transitional year exept for those with rose colored glasses.
    The 100th anniversity of Ye Olde Ballpark will be the main feature.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]"Bank on it"?   I'll give you 5:1 odds we don't finish in 4th or 5th. I'd give even odds we don't finish in 3rd or lower. This is the year of the "Yank Tank".

You up for a good cyber-wager Moon? Something fun of course.

Kim - offer is out there for you as well.

As for the OP - you had nothing better to do then create this thread. I really hope you are an Oriole or Blue Jays fan. I like to think us Yankee fans have way more class than that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

in order for the sox not be mired in third, four of five pitchers have to pitch well....seriously what are the odds of that happening?

it is going to be tough...and no one is mentioning CC being out for a while...where does that leave our outfield?  sorry im not blowing roses up your culo to win rah rah points....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Even I think we'll be better than your prognosis. The more I think about it, because we will be underdogs in the ALE, every talking head is picking the Yanks and Rays, and the fact that so many players have so much to prove, we very well might just supriseSmile

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]Even I think we'll be better than your prognosis. The more I think about it, because we will be underdogs in the ALE, every talking head is picking the Yanks and Rays, and the fact that so many players have so much to prove, we very well might just suprise
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

exactly...i will keep my expectations low...last yr i said 100 games and we failed miserably thanks to poor conditioning, poor coaching, poor attitudes....maybe they will surprise me

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SculEsqare. Show SculEsqare's posts

This should be the year of the " Wish We Had", wish we had better ball players we're tired of loosing!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Wow Tony...I can't thank you enough for that eye opening post.  I don't know about the others, but because of that insightful assessment of the upcoming  Sox 2012 season, I am going to forego following the team.  As a matter of fact, I was going to purchase my Monster Seats tomorrow, but will now use that money for something else.

Yup...Beckett and his 2.69 ERA, broken down.  Ortiz and his .309/30/100, broken down.

Please promise us you'll stay OFF the "bandwagon", should the team be in first place on September 15th.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quit Dreamin- this 2012 Sox edition blows!! : Please tell me that "This is the year of the "Yank Tank" is going to be your next thread.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Better yet, should I add "Part I" to it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

in order for the sox not be mired in third, four of five pitchers have to pitch well....seriously what are the odds of that happening?

Actually, what are the odds of 4 out of 13+ starting pitchers pitching well?

Beckett  Great odds
    Lester    Great odds
    Buch      Good odds (health?)
    Bard       Decent odds
    Aceves   Decent odds
    Doubront   6:1
    Padilla      7:1
    Mortensen 8:1
    Cook         9:1
    Silva        14:1
    A Wilson  14:1
    A Miller    14:1
    Maine       50:1

Looking at each of our 3-13 starters individually doesn't look nice, but as a whole, the odds of one of these guys pitching well is probably about 50-50. Add that fatc to the odds of either Bard or Aceves doing well as a starter 9or sharing the slot), I'd say we should more likely than not, have 4 good starters. It's the 5th one I worry about.

(Trade Bowden, Middlebrooks and Salty for Floyd & Ohman)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Suspect pitching, SS, right field and no depth coming from the farm system.    

SS: Aviles is a better fielder than Scutaro and will probably hit as well as Scutaro would have this year. Punto and iggy provide good back-up if he fails or gets hurt.

RF: How hard will it be for Ross & Sweeney (DMac) and later, Kalish to improve on these 2011 numbers? 

.233  14  58  (.299/.353/.652)

A platoon of Ross & Sweeney looks very promising:
    Ross vs LHPs: (per 650 PAs) .282  38  120  (.349/.563/.912)
    Ross vs RHPs: (per 650 PAs) .252  18  75   (.313/.414/.727)
    Sween RHPs: (per 650 PAs) .296    6  72   (.352/.402/.754)

With Ross getting 250 PAs vs LHPs and maybe 200 vs RHPs (RF and back-up LF), and Sweeney getting 400 PAs vs RHPs and less than 50 vs LHPs, one could easily envision a combined:

(850 PAs) .285  25  110  (.345/.455/.800)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Tony Toni Tone has done it again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

SMH........for about ten minutes, SMH.  yeah "line up that does not match up with any contending team"

Yup a team that finished 1st and 2nd in just about EVERY offensive category can't compete with the other teams. 

stop being a donny downer, no-one likes a donny downer

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Hey Tony, you need to go sit on a cactus. This years Sox team will be just fine. There will be no 4th place finish. The Sox will be playing in the post season. Bank on it!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

If the intent of this post was to generate conversation....well done

If the intent of this post was to stop me from drinking RS Kool-aid....you have failed badly. 

I like our chances, I like the fact that this team already (2 days into it) has different direction.  I like the fact that this team can hardly be happy with the way they performed down the stretch should have a chip on their shoulder.  And I like the fact that its almost spring, I am tired of being cold. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quit Dreamin- this 2012 Sox edition blows!! : You up for a good cyber-wager Moon? Something fun of course. Kim - offer is out there for you as well. As for the OP - you had nothing better to do then create this thread. I really hope you are an Oriole or Blue Jays fan. I like to think us Yankee fans have way more class than that.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

My post to Moon was because, if he was going to create a thread on it, it's probably true. I do love how none of the Yankee fans who come here ever think their team is not going to do well. What freedom you all have to be so positive all the time, and not realistic, while holding Sox fans to another standard.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quit Dreamin- this 2012 Sox edition blows!! : Better yet, should I add "Part I" to it?

I saw your thread last nite, Moon. Thank you. I actually got here so late that I was too tired to post, and thought I'd just post today. I can't believe it was removed. Are we not alowed to say that here? Since you've always had your Rays threads up, it seems you're only allowed to say positive things about your rivals. If that's what happened, that's ridiculous.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quit Dreamin- this 2012 Sox edition blows!! : I saw your thread last nite, Moon. Thank you. I actually got here so late that I was too tired to post, and thought I'd just post today. I can't believe it was removed. Are we not alowed to say that here? Since you've always had your Rays threads up, it seems you're only allowed to say positive things about your rivals. If that's what happened, that's ridiculous.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

A lot of research went into that thread. It was directly related to the Sox 2012 season. I didn't save any of my info.

:(

Sections
Shortcuts