RAFAEL SORIANO OFF TO SEE THE GRIM REAPER IN DR. ANDREWS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

RAFAEL SORIANO OFF TO SEE THE GRIM REAPER IN DR. ANDREWS!

to further assure the yanks finish a distant third as i predicted to start the season, mr. soriano is now scheduled for a vist with andrews after a mri showed actual damage in his elbow. dont forget that cashman was upfront about not wanting this locker room cancer on his team. plus, he wasnt crazy about the high price and all the special contract stipulations. soriano has proven cash right on ALL counts. he likely will be just another high-price broken-down bust on the yanks. they give him 3 year deal with the option to opt-out after this year. good luck with that. 

he's likely going to hanging out receiving dead money all year only to return next year on a limited, rehab mode. their nightmare will last for all 3 years. at some point, i can see mariano getting some tighnesss as well. at his age it could come from anything. just a matter of time! yanks are in troubleeee!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Re: RAFAEL SORIANO OFF TO SEE THE GRIM REAPER IN DR. ANDREWS!

In Response to RAFAEL SORIANO OFF TO SEE THE GRIM REAPER IN DR. ANDREWS!:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6584653 to further assure the yanks finish a distant third as i predicted to start the season, mr. soriano is now scheduled for a vist with andrews after a mri showed actual damage in his elbow. dont forget that cashman was upfront about not wanting this locker room cancer on his team. plus, he wasnt crazy about the high price and all the special contract stipulations. soriano has proven cash right on ALL counts. he likely will be just another high-price broken-down bust on the yanks. they give him 3 year deal with the option to opt-out after this year. good luck with that.  he's likely going to hanging out receiving dead money all year only to return next year on a limited, rehab mode. their nightmare will last for all 3 years. at some point, i can see mariano getting some tighnesss as well. at his age it could come from anything. just a matter of time! yanks are in troubleeee!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Terrible contract they gave him. Approx. $12 million a year with player opt out after each season. If he pitched well he could look for a bigger deal somewhere else as a closer, if he could find one. If he didn't pitch well or is injured, the yankees are stuck with him, as it now appears.

Let's hope the Stein boys and Levine keep on over riding Cashman.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6584653 to further assure the yanks finish a distant third as i predicted to start the season, mr. soriano is now scheduled for a vist with andrews after a mri showed actual damage in his elbow. dont forget that cashman was upfront about not wanting this locker room cancer on his team. plus, he wasnt crazy about the high price and all the special contract stipulations. soriano has proven cash right on ALL counts. he likely will be just another high-price broken-down bust on the yanks. they give him 3 year deal with the option to opt-out after this year. good luck with that.  he's likely going to hanging out receiving dead money all year only to return next year on a limited, rehab mode. their nightmare will last for all 3 years. at some point, i can see mariano getting some tighnesss as well. at his age it could come from anything. just a matter of time! yanks are in troubleeee!

While I do agree that the Soriano deal was a bad one, the "I could see Mariano getting some tightness as well, at his age, yada yada yada" is just plain stupid.

Pretty much any pitcher at any given time could end up with an arm injury, was strasburg's due to his age?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

While I agree that the Soriano signing was a dumb move it's not as dumb as the "  i can see mariano getting some tighnesss as well. at his age it could come from anything" statement.

Any pitcher at any time can sustain an arm injury. Did age have anything to do with strasburg's injury? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=658465 i can see mariano getting some tighnesss as well. at his age it could come from anything. just a matter of time! yanks are in troubleeee!

The Soriano signing was a dumb move. Saying that about Mariano is equally dumb.  Injuries can happen to any player at any time just as we saw last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: RAFAEL SORIANO OFF TO SEE THE GRIM REAPER IN DR. ANDREWS!:
    In Response to RAFAEL SORIANO OFF TO SEE THE GRIM REAPER IN DR. ANDREWS! :  Did age have anything to do with strasburg's injury? 
    Posted by --The---Babe-1

Mechanics might be his problem. That's the one thing I was hearing/reading about Strasburg since he came out. That he had nasty stuff, but his mechanics could be an issue with injuries.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

If Soriano pitches like he was expected to do. It wasn't a dumb contract, in fact I'm pretty certain the Yanks would've loved for the guy to repeat his 2010 performance in the set-up role. Just becasue he has an opt out clause doesn't mean he wouldn't or couldn't just simply re-sign with the Yankees as Arod did... The Yanks plan was to have him, Joba & Roberson get them to Mariano. Last year they were dead last in quality starts and still amde the post season becasue they had a very good pen...after failing to get Lee, they simply wanted to bolster the backend...Whether or not Cashman was on board is irrelevent in the big picture.
    Posted by Beantowne

He could resign with the yankees, but it would be totally up to him. They let him hold all of the cards. Why not sign him to a one year contract without the golden parachute? There didn't seem to be a whole lot of demand for his services.

It shows that Cashman is more financially responsible than the Stein boys.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]If Soriano pitches like he was expected to do. It wasn't a dumb contract, in fact I'm pretty certain the Yanks would've loved for the guy to repeat his 2010 performance in the set-up role. Just becasue he has an opt out clause doesn't mean he wouldn't or couldn't just simply re-sign with the Yankees as Arod did... The Yanks plan was to have him, Joba & Roberson get them to Mariano. Last year they were dead last in quality starts and still amde the post season becasue they had a very good pen...after failing to get Lee, they simply wanted to bolster the backend...Whether or not Cashman was on board is irrelevent in the big picture.
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

thanks BT

for another great post

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Re: RAFAEL SORIANO OFF TO SEE THE GRIM REAPER IN DR. ANDREWS! : He could resign with the yankees, but it would be totally up to him. They let him hold all of the cards. Why not sign him to a one year contract without the golden parachute? There didn't seem to be a whole lot of demand for his services. It shows that Cashman is more financially responsible than the Stein boys.
    Posted by MikeNagy

There didn't seem to be a whole lot of demand for his services

the difference mike

was the yanks were asking him to give up the closer status

which I think also had something to do with the op outs

which IMO are not that big of a deal

other than a 1 yr deal which I don't think ( I'm guessing here )

was possible they were stuck with a multi yr deal if things went bad  anyways

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

We hear the "Yankees are in trouble" refrain almost every year.

I think this thread should be filed under "wishful thinking."

They always manage to reload before the trade deadline. If they are in striking distance in July, I am still worried about them.

I mean, it's not  like our bullpen is "lights out" either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

I agree, every year we think the yanks are in trouble and they never are.  Cashman is a good gm and will make trades to save their season. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Good move.

You can't go wrong agreeing with me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Cashman's issue with this deal wasn't the terms and it wasn't the player. It was giving up a draft choice for a set-up man, now matter how elite a set-up man he could end up being.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Cashman's issue with this deal wasn't the terms and it wasn't the player. It was giving up a draft choice for a set-up man, now matter how elite a set-up man he could end up being.
    Posted by fivekatz
    great point. i believe he had a prob with the rest of my point as well. but this is a big point. like theo, cash has learned in his older years to finally consider such things as the draft pick you're giving to a divisional foe that makes a living off such things!

Sections
Shortcuts