Rally killer Mcdonald

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Re: Rally killer Mcdonald

In Response to Re: Rally killer Mcdonald:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rally killer Mcdonald : McDonald is easy to get rid of and will undoubtedly be designated for assignment (released) once the team has 25 healthy players who are better than him and that's not saying much.  He's on life support.  Cameron is in a different category in that he is still quite expensive and has absolutely no trade value.  Cutting him means eating yet another useless contract.  I am pretty sure that Henry and the Sox cartel are tired of paying players to play for other teams as they have many times in Epstein's tenure, but ya gotta do whatever it takes.  I can name over a half dozen Sox players plus off the top of my head who were paid to go away in recent years.  That's the most in baseball by the way for you kids at home.  As far as Scutaro goes, do not be surprised if the Sox trade for and audition a shortstop named Reyes who is currently on the New York Metropolitans assuming they are non contenders in late July.  Knowing the Mets, they would be happy to take guys like the oft injured Lowrie, Dubrount who has no real future with the Sox and either Reddick or Kalish in return for a 2 month rental.  If Reyes does not work out, the Sox will get a first round pick.  If he does and they end up signing him to a long term deal, they will finally stabilize Epstein's chronic "revolving door" position.   It's either a "win win" or a "lose lose" proposition for both clubs depending on what happens a few years down the road. 
    Posted by WilcyMoore[/QUOTE]
    These speculations are reasonable -- if the Mets will take the players you name for Reyes.  He'd cost a ton to sign as a FA, but money is coming off the books and Iglesias probably won't be ready in 2012 -- if ever. Part of the equation is what the Sox think of Navarro.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WilcyMoore. Show WilcyMoore's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rally killer Mcdonald : These speculations are reasonable -- if the Mets will take the players you name for Reyes.  He'd cost a ton to sign as a FA, but money is coming off the books and Iglesias probably won't be ready in 2012 -- if ever. Part of the equation is what the Sox think of Navarro.  
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

Money is not a major issue when it comes to what the Sox are capable of doing if they are in the hunt for a postseason spot which they clearly are.  They have given up a lot in recent years at the trade deadline to make the team more competitive in the near term.  I am not predicting that this deal will happen, but it's possible and while I probably do not have the exact pieces correct, it makes a lot of sense.  The only time I ever predicted a trade involving the Red Sox or any other team for that matter involved Nomar Garciaparra.  In June of 2004, I asserted repeatedly in writing and on talk radio that he would be traded to the Cubs for Matt Clement, Mark Grudzelanik and a prospect?  I sensed it was a strong possibility, but could not have imagined that 3 or 4 teams and multiple players would ultimately be involved.   You are right about Navarro and the Sox opinion of his potential will ultimately be a major factor in their decision process. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

hey look whos batting 5th tonight again?? you know i'm usually not a francona hater and generally like the guy but what is this guy thinking really?? the the dude who works at the beer stand can hit better than Mcdonald

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Rally killer Mcdonald:
    [QUOTE]something needs to be done about this guy hitting after youk.. we have 6 more interleague games left on this road trip and hes just not going to cut it in that spot
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]

This pennant race might come down to who has the most intuitive/creative management team, the Rays, Sox or Yanks and how they address their weaknesses down the stretch. 

... If they correct them
    ... How they correct them
    ... How quickly they correct them 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VtRedSoxFan802. Show VtRedSoxFan802's posts

[QUOTE]first off its a loss we lost the series i dont know if you watched the last two games or not but we lost two games by two runs and Mcdonald who is hitting .109 probably cost us the first one. while this time he was in that spot because of an injury to drew but him in the lineup is killing us
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]
    Yes he is killing us. Does Tito have no pride? After all, he was fired from the Phillies and the fans cannot stand  him for the same old tricks he is using in Boston.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

At least he's not costing the Sox $7M like Cameron is, or $14M like Drew.
    I can remember all the posts from December 2009 when the Sox acquired Cameron. He was going to be so great great and hit 25 to 30 HR's and play solid defense. And then all the excuses came last year because of the abdominal injury.
    He's a bust, plain and simple, and needs to be released as does Drew. A lot of you complain about Wake taking up a roster spot, yet we have two OFer's that are past their prime and need to retire, plus a certain catcher who keeps hanging on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: No Reddick! DMAC 5th

In Response to Re: No Reddick! DMAC 5th:
    [QUOTE]this is a white flag lineup - nothing more nothing less....sickening just pray that the Gods have a sense of humor and let these ohfer's hit for once in a blue moon - especially with risp
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Geo - While I certainly do not feel good trotting out this line-up, why is it white flag?  I mean, what are the options?  Reddick against Lee (I would prefer, just to see, but that ain't pretty either)?  There really are no other options available, unless they go for a wild position change for A-Gon.  I totally agree this line-up blows, but I don't see the White Flag aspect of it.  This is actually all Tito has to work with.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

i dont know... i think reddick would be better off then cam or mcdonald even with a lefty on the mound.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

the 3 stinks : mac drew camm

cant some one take one of em aside and
    say try hitting a lil different 
    stand closer or stand  away a bit
    swing at the first pitch 
    dont swing on the 3rd curve ball in a row IF you missed the first 2

Somebody Anybody  creative in this overpaid oragnization???????????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]D-Mac needs some extra time in the cage with Dave Magadan. Cameron needs some Geritol. Beyond that, it's all good.
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

Really? He's been in the minors for 10 years, he's hitting about .110 this year and extra cage work is going to help?

Oh yeah, he's batting 5th tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: No Reddick! DMAC 5th

In Response to Re: No Reddick! DMAC 5th:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Reddick! DMAC 5th : Geo - While I certainly do not feel good trotting out this line-up, why is it white flag?  I mean, what are the options?  Reddick against Lee (I would prefer, just to see, but that ain't pretty either)?  There really are no other options available, unless they go for a wild position change for A-Gon.  I totally agree this line-up blows, but I don't see the White Flag aspect of it.  This is actually all Tito has to work with.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

So Reddick against Lee is no good, but McDonald and Cameron are? What about
    Reddick in right and Sutton in left. And why bat the guy 5th? He's hitting .110 on June 28th. Small sample size, but large enough where .110 is horrible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I guess we can't play Agon in the outfield because of the chance of injury but how about Salty. He's a switch hitter with better stats than DMc, Drew or Cameron.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

space, Mac, Tek, and Cameron batting 5-7 while Reddick sits on the bench? What do you call that lineup?