Ranaudo and Owens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Ranaudo and Owens

They are turning it up a notch in the Minors. Ranaudo outpitched Buchholz yesterday. He has lowered his ERA 2.58 5 starts ago it was 4.32
    Owens is just too good for Double AA.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Ranaudo and Owens

One thing about the possible "lost season of 2014" may be that it allows us to give long looks to some of our kids. 

We already have long looks going for Bogey and JBJ, and maybe de la Rosa will be given more time in the bigs. Workman and Holt have looked good. Bogey has shown he will be a star. JBJ still needs to work out some kinks, but his defense looks top notch.

Even if we stay in the race, we may still catch a glimpse of Betts, Owens and Ranaudo, but if we are out of it by August, I think we may see longer looks for:

Cecchini

Betts

Owens

Ranaudo

Webster

Marrero

Vazquez

plus maybe...

Hassan

Corey Brown

T Shaw

Barnes

Alex Wilson

Sean Coyle

Brentz

Keith Couch

Noe Ramirez

Steven Wright

Butler

Hinojosa

I seriously doubt we will be firesale sellers at the deadline or waiver-wire month of August, but if we do trade most of our free agents to be, we could give a lot of these kids a chance at the bigs or move them up a level on the farm to replace those that come up to the bigs.

For argument's sake, let's say we trade Lester, Peavy, Uehara, Gomes, AJP, Ross, Miller,Capuano, Badenhop or maybe even some FAs for 2016(Breslow, Herrera, Mujica, Vic), we could see this Red Sox team in September.

C: Vazquez, Butler (Swihart?)

1B: Napoli, Carp, T Shaw

2B: Pedroia, Coyle

SS: Marrero, Holt, Herrera

3B: Bogaerts, Middy, Cecchini

LF: Holt, Nava, Hassan (Cecchini?)

CF: JBJ, Betts (RF?), Ramos

RF: Brown, Brentz (Vic?)

DH: Ortiz, Cecchini, Betts, Coyle

SP: Lackey, Workman, de la Rosa, Ranaudo, Owens (Webster/Barnes/Doubront/Buchholz/Wright)

RP: Tazawa, Britton, Mujica, Wilson, Ramirez, Layne, Hinojosa, Celestino (SP'ers from above)

Again, the chances of even half of this happening, even if we are 15 games out in August are remote to say the least, but it is an interesting idea.

Sox4ever

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Even if we stay in the race, we may still catch a glimpse of Betts, Owens and Ranaudo, but if we are out of it by August, I think we may see longer looks for:

Cecchini

Betts

Owens

Ranaudo

Webster

Marrero

Vazquez

TOTALLY AGREE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

Ya think we could find a taker for Drew if we eat about 8.5 million?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to jam789123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ya think we could find a taker for Drew if we eat about 8.5 million?

[/QUOTE]

The only way i would eat his salary is if we got the trade partners best prospect. We owe about $8.5 now.

The Tigers and Yankees were about the only competition for Drew's services. The Tigers discovered Suarez and the Yankees aren't moving Jeter to third in addition Ryan and Drew are comparable.

We have to face the facts Drew's here for the duration.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

Workman needs to stick around a while, not sure why he started the year in the minors.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Sounds like a comedy team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Sounds like Pawtucket and Portland.......oh wait.....it is Pawtucket and Portland.  Soooooo, why not watch Pawtucket and Portland if you want to watch these kids again?

I'd rather watch the biggest legend and greatest champ this team has ever seen in Papi....one of the best and scrapiest players in Pedey as well as see what type of heart THIS TEAM has.  Read a blog and listen to pod casts if you want to hear about the kids.  I'll stick with this team to the end and enjoy the rocky ride.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to mthomas43's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Workman needs to stick around a while, not sure why he started the year in the minors.

[/QUOTE]

When it was announced he was going to pitch at Fenway, there were several here against it.  I saw him pitch one night at McCoy right before he was called up.  I thought the same as you.  He got got hit the night I saw him but his location was great.

Rich Sauveur is the triple A pitching coach and seems to be doing a nice job.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Workman sure knows how to work!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

No way we see half those guys, but there is a really really good chance we see half those guys. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

We may see Ranaudo in place of Workman the next time through as Workman will serve his time. But they may have to bring Douby back in the meantime. I think Buch goes on the 60 or they trade him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We may see Ranaudo in place of Workman the next time through as Workman will serve his time. But they may have to bring Douby back in the meantime. I think Buch goes on the 60 or they trade him.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, however I really think they will bring up Buch as soon as he is able.  I wouldn't cry if he got traded but right now he is worth an autographed Kingface12 jersey and that's about it....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Actually Brian Johnson is having better season at AA than Owens.  Another first round pick.  Amazing farm. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

He is having a good season, but he has pitched 5 less games. He just got promoted, to Double AA. 47.1 innings to 79 innings for Owens.
    Opponents are hitting .179 against Owens. Through 13 games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Owens ranked 1st at games won, 3rd at ERA, tied 1st at complete game with his teammate Keith Couch, 2nd at innings pitched, 1st at strike outs and WHIP among qualified pitchers in the Eastern League.