Ranaudo pitching tomorrow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Ranaudo pitching tomorrow

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Sorry for the thread didn't know where else to put it

Pete AbrahamVerified account ā€@PeteAbe 34sAnthony Ranaudo has been told he will be starting for the #RedSox tomorrow against the #Yankees MLB debut for the Jersey native.

WOW !!!   Sleep tight tonight, young man !!!

Finally no Webster "thank you" God.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

GOOD!  HE IS LONG OVERDUE TO GET A SHOT!!

[object HTMLDivElement]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

REBEL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

GOOD, HE IS LONG OVERDUE TO GET A SHOT!!
    REBEL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Pete AbrahamVerified account ā€@PeteAbe 34sAnthony Ranaudo has been told he will be starting for the #RedSox tomorrow against the #Yankees MLB debut for the Jersey native.

Why do you think there is no "Webster"???

As far as I'm concerned he's still in the rotation.

The Sox are now down 3 starters

Workman/RDLR/Webster and now Ranaudo.

Someone might go down or to the bullpen, but it's not Webster....not yet at least.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

And I bet Henry Owens pitches for Pawtucket on Sunday or Monday night.

I think another pitcher gets called up to Boston over the weekend as well.

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  3h
    #RedSox rotation is now Buchholz, De La Rosa, Workman, Webster and Ranaudo. Henry Owens to AAA fairly soon probably.

I love that rotation. The rest of the year is going to be about finding out which young guys can pitch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to GumboSox's comment:

The main wealth in talent is on the mound, and those are the kids we're going to get to see most.  Elsewhere, Vazquez is already here and doing well, but when the rosters expand, maybe we'll also get a taste of Swihart.

As Kelv. pointed out, we sure found out this year that we ain't exactly loaded w/ OF prospects, so the rest of this year can be about giving the new additions some exposure to and time to adjust to Fenway (both from offense and defense perspectives.  Figure out which one profiles better in RF, which in LF.  Let the Hawaiian finally shut it down for good and see if he can come back healthy next year.  If so, maybe he supplants JBJ in CF, unless we get indications that the new lineup is solid enough to carry JBJ on the strength of his glove/arm.

Maybe Mookie will be brought back for a bit and Pedey can get a few days off, we'll see what the kid looks like playing his natural position -- and if he hits better without the extra stress of learning a new position, in the majors, after a 20 minute visit to the high minors.

Give the vets who remain regular days off and hope that the extra off-days combined with the early off-season help revive them after a long season last year.

There's PLENTY of playing time to go around, and since BC really did appear to be building for next year, I think we're going to see them trying everything they can to see what they really have for 2015.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Quite a good post

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Do you know how the term 'sleep tight' originated?

yes Sheldon I do. I watch Big Bang theory also! Lol

I mean for real....

[object HTMLDivElement]

Scary thought here too ... our "schooling" is enhanced by sitcom ... 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Why do you think there is no "Webster"???

As far as I'm concerned he's still in the rotation.

The Sox are now down 3 starters

Workman/RDLR/Webster and now Ranaudo.

Someone might go down or to the bullpen, but it's not Webster....not yet at least.

Never liked Webster or felt he will stick at the major league level.  Renaudo has deserved a start for some time and we still have Clay, Owens, Kelly who will surely enter the mix along with De La Rosa.  I will bet anyone Webster ends up traded at some point once we figure out our 2015 rotation

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

Iā€™m confused, are we going with a 6 man rotation? by my count we currently have buchholz, webster, de la rosa, workman and kelly. Where does ranuado fit in unless workman is going to the pen to take millers spot. (just to be clear, I am glad ranuado finally is getting a shot)

To me, those are 6 "iffies". Farrell loves Workman, but neither he nor Webster look any better than a mediicre fill-in. Buch is either done or he isn't. They won't let him back on the mound if he has another outing like he just had. de la Rosa is not Lefty Grove, either, I guess that leaves two guys who we have not even seen in a RS uniform. Look at it as spring training.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

In response to razcreation's comment:

The "good" part about out of it -- beginning to a glimpse of what we really have in the pipeline.  Something worth watching the rest of the year!

I am sitting here laughing what are the Red Sox doing? Trade for a 30 year old outfielder when you have kids in minors. Nothing makes sense and watch the Red SOx get hot and make playoffs, lol.

Which kids can match his power, arm strength, speed ??  

Always Right.....at least in my mind

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

New era begins - looking forward to seeing the kid pitch

Defense.  It is still important.

Let him pitch in rotation. If his numbers in paw are true he will be fine...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Webster was scheduled to pitch Fri.

I like Webster's potential as a starter more than Workman. I liked Workman in the pen. Workman could be the 7 th inn. guy, Taz for the 8 th and Ue to close. 

BadHop, Breslow and Mujica---we are one short in the pen.

For the time being perhaps Tommy Layne would be a situational lefty. 

I'm missing the rationale for trading Miller for a AA prospect. That didn't make sense to me.

Both guys they got for Peavy have pitched well in their first outings at AAA.

I've said it earlier today, IMO, and I've been a critic,  BenC did a heck of a job along with his staff. Now it's up to JF and his staff to stop the slide and find a way to get some wins.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

And I bet Henry Owens pitches for Pawtucket on Sunday or Monday night.

I think another pitcher gets called up to Boston over the weekend as well.

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  3h
    #RedSox rotation is now Buchholz, De La Rosa, Workman, Webster and Ranaudo. Henry Owens to AAA fairly soon probably.

aaaaaand OWENS just got promoted. aaand another pitcher did just called up to Boston: Tommy Layne.

here's a toot toot to my own horn. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Now I can start assessing the Farm. Hope they bring up Barnes too. Good time to do it, 2 Months and they will Pitching against Teams going for Play-off spot.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to razcreation's comment:

The "good" part about out of it -- beginning to a glimpse of what we really have in the pipeline.  Something worth watching the rest of the year!

I am sitting here laughing what are the Red Sox doing? Trade for a 30 year old outfielder when you have kids in minors. Nothing makes sense and watch the Red SOx get hot and make playoffs, lol.

"trade for a 30 year old outfielder when you have kids in the minors."

Sox are not rich with right handed power hitters in their system.

Maybe now it makes sense to you.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

aaaaaand OWENS just got promoted. aaand another pitcher did just called up to Boston: Tommy Layne.

here's a toot toot to my own horn. 

Fine work, I predicted Ranaudo pitching in the bigs yesterday when someone was moaning about the sky falling on the Lackey thread, hours later this thread was started.  

I don't get all the hand wringing, I can't wait to see these young guys in Fenway with Farrell working with them, it's why we hired the guy.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

Now I can start assessing the Farm. Hope they bring up Barnes too. Good time to do it, 2 Months and they will Pitching against Teams going for Play-off spot.

I dunno about bringing Barnes up, I think he needs another season, or half a season in Pawtucket.

Barnes has a 4.81 era this year and his K/9 is down his year at 6.8/9 and his BB/9 is up at 3.8/9.  

I'm not one of these posters who freak out when a guy has bad numbers in A/AA/AAA because I understand that prospect development is not linear at all...but I do feel he has something else to learn in the minors.

We have enough, we have an entire prospect rotation practically, there is nothing wrong with letting a guy who is struggling spend some more time in the minors and NOT push him to bite off more than he can chew.

If it's worth anything.....I think I'm still higher on Barnes than most.  He might be as good as any pitcher in our system. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

You don't mind I'm going toot my own horn, the deal for Eduardo Rodgriguez, will be the best deal yesterday. Saw him Pitch 2 times. Futures game last year, and once this year.

• Sections
    Shortcuts