Random thoughts while waiting for play to resume on Friday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Random thoughts while waiting for play to resume on Friday

In Response to Re: Random thoughts while waiting for play to resume on Friday:
    [QUOTE]Roast Beef and Swiss or Roast Beef and Provolone?
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Trick question.  The answer is CHEDDAR.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random thoughts while waiting for play to resume on Friday : Trick question.  The answer is CHEDDAR.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]With horseradish.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Hmm. Very random thoughts, as it turns out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Provolone for me.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

I like it with mozzarella

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

1.  Brian Wilson is one messed up dude.

2.  I could do without that large horrific Yankees logo.  It hurts my eyes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random thoughts while waiting for play to resume on Friday : And if the Red Sox had only gone 6-6 instead of 2-10 to start the season, they would be 5 games up now. But if the queen had testicles, she would be the king.  Useless to speculate, there... Though Mr. Robertson's success story is to be applauded, even if it occurs with the dreaded Yankees.
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

For all we know, she may. Anything goes these days.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

If it's cold, swiss. If it's hot, cheddah. Provolone on a cheese-steak w/onions.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

[QUOTE]Roast Beef and Swiss or Roast Beef and Provolone?
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Cheddar Jack

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Sorry Kimmi - just wanted to make sure there was little doubt about where my allegience lies. It seems a certain young lady in our community feels that I am deceiving members of RSN into thinking I am one of them as so they would friend me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

jessey I've got no problem with the logo and I know why it's there but it's too freaking big, man...it adds to everybody's scrolling time LOL  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry Kimmi - just wanted to make sure there was little doubt about where my allegience lies. It seems a certain young lady in our community feels that I am deceiving members of RSN into thinking I am one of them as so they would friend me.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

EYE SORE!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random thoughts while waiting for play to resume on Friday : I've never been a fan of the big contracts for relievers.  I can't say that I was unhappy when Jenks was signed, but I thought his contract was too much.  It seems more often than not, they turn out to be a bust, and the guys that turn out to be the BP saviors are the Okajimas and the Aceves' of the world. Foulke turned out to be a good signing (albeit for only one year of his 3 year deal) but the Red Sox needed a closer at the time.  They did not need a closer or even a set up guy this year.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

Absolutely true, Kimmi.  Which is why Papelbon's place on a Red Sox roster is so uncertain for next year.   Guar-ohn-teed he will ask for long green from Theo this winter, and I think Theo will balk. As he should.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random thoughts while waiting for play to resume on Friday : For all we know, she may. Anything goes these days.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Depends on how she/he looks in a dress.

Lots of ugly cross-dressers out there.

No offense to any specific cross-dressers, of course.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random thoughts while waiting for play to resume on Friday :   Got it backwards on Jim Kaat, friend. He hit under .200 for his career, but won 16 gold gloves. He was the gold standard for pitchers defensively.
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

Still, in the modern era, .200 is pretty darn good.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/05/29/torre.hittingpitchers/

I am surprised as heck that this guy picked Rick Wise as one of the best-hitting pitchers of all time.

Go figure.

Cool

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry Kimmi - just wanted to make sure there was little doubt about where my allegience lies. It seems a certain young lady in our community feels that I am deceiving members of RSN into thinking I am one of them as so they would friend me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Here's why the current DH rules favors the NL ... the AL teams go out and solve their hitting problems by investing in a guy who hits 30-40 HRS, but has to DH.  He is their best hitter.  And he won't play during the NL games?

IMO it does not hurt the NL teams to ADD a player when the DH rule is in effect, how could it?  They already have guys on the bench that pinch hit for the pitcher, right?  This only hurts the AL teams, they are the ones with players they depend on every game in those DH positions.  

Picture Papi or Arod or even Jeter being released as opposed to DHing.   Ridiculous.   Selig should have pushed for the DH in the NL.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Here's why the current DH rules favors the NL ... the AL teams go out and solve their hitting problems by investing in a guy who hits 30-40 HRS, but has to DH.  He is their best hitter.  And he won't play during the NL games? IMO it does not hurt the NL teams to ADD a player when the DH rule is in effect, how could it?  They already have guys on the bench that pinch hit for the pitcher, right?  This only hurts the AL teams, they are the ones with players they depend on every game in those DH positions.   Picture Papi or Arod or even Jeter being released as opposed to DHing.   Ridiculous.   Selig should have pushed for the DH in the NL.  
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Disagree; while the AL team likely has a STUD hitter at DH, the NL will likely use a fringe player. And if wasn't for the PA, the DH would have been abolished yrs ago.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Re: DH

I am just asking for some consistency - DH or no, both leagues should use the same scheme so we can at least compare apples to apples. Would love to see the AL go back to having the pitcher hit for himself, but...ain't gonna happen.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I understand Jessey.  I like this logo better than the traditional one, but I have to agree with Bob, it's kind of big.

FTR, I'm fairly new here, but I knew you were a Yankee fan.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random thoughts while waiting for play to resume on Friday : Absolutely true, Kimmi.  Which is why Papelbon's place on a Red Sox roster is so uncertain for next year.   Guar-ohn-teed he will ask for long green from Theo this winter, and I think Theo will balk. As he should.
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

If Paps continues to pitch effectively the 2nd half, I would offer him arbitration, and be happy whether he accepts or declines.  I just think he is going to ask for too large of a contract for the Sox to re-sign him.