Rangers acquire Garza

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Rangers acquire Garza

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Rangers also have to give 2 PTBNL (both Pitchers), or P Neil Ramirez.

Be rooting for ex-UCONN guy, Olt has some good Power. Rizzo and Olt, Theo finally doing things right in Chicago.

really?  did Theo traded Rizzo from the red sox organization among others for Adrien Gonzalez??   Also Theo traded Cubs's top best pitching prospect to San Diego to acquired Rizzo.  Therefore, Theo are doing a horrible job rebuilding the starting pitching rotation for the future.  For the Yankees to acquire Soriano, heard that the Yankees do not have much talent pitchers in their farm system.

WEll, their next year rotation will be Villaneuva, Wood, Grimm, Jackson, Rusin and Samardzija.  And the free agency for pitching next year will be so horrible.  All FA pitchers are like Ryan Dempster type of pitcher.

Cubs are still far away from competing against anyone in the central division.  Cardinals are loaded, Pittsburgh are young and loaded and Cincy too.  

Samardzija

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

ben C gonna do jake peavy.  but for whom????

Now that Buchholz has been cleared to resume pitching, barring an unforeseen injury, I don't see them adding another starting pitcher. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The Sox could still hypothetically add another pitcher and move a guy like Dempster to the bullpen.  Dempster has shown that he pitch out of the pen, and move into the rotation.  Not saying I whole heartedly think that is the course we should take, but it is an option.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Since Workman have pitched well in the last two starts, why not to keep starting him until he finally struggle. Never know that Garza come in and struggle in his first four starts who could hurt the Sox's fighting themselves into the post season.  And at the same time the Sox may trade away Workman for him.  Huge possible mistake right there.

Know what, Garza is gone and we all have to just forget about Sox looking for another starter. Nothing is out there except if Seattle want to give up Hernandez (rolling my eyes cuz i know it is not happening).   I think Sox may have change their direction from looking for a starting pitcher to look for a 3b.  Dont think Iggy can play there and last nite, Boston started Synder. He cant hit.  Middlebrook is not even close to be call up.  Guess Boston may have to ask Armis Rameriz of the Brewers which he is now a possible on the trading block.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Since Workman have pitched well in the last two starts, why not to keep starting him until he finally struggle. Never know that Garza come in and struggle in his first four starts who could hurt the Sox's fighting themselves into the post season.  And at the same time the Sox may trade away Workman for him.  Huge possible mistake right there.

Know what, Garza is gone and we all have to just forget about Sox looking for another starter. Nothing is out there except if Seattle want to give up Hernandez (rolling my eyes cuz i know it is not happening).   I think Sox may have change their direction from looking for a starting pitcher to look for a 3b.  Dont think Iggy can play there and last nite, Boston started Synder. He cant hit.  Middlebrook is not even close to be call up.  Guess Boston may have to ask Armis Rameriz of the Brewers which he is now a possible on the trading block.

Because if Workman is going to end up in the bullpen you should know if you can trust him there or not by July31st.

With Buccholz/Lester/Lackey/Doubront/Dempster all healthy (presumably) the rotation is set.....and you will only go with 4 in the playoffs.  Buch/Lester/Lackey/Doubront in the playoffs.

Now I can see the argument for leaving him in the rotation right now because Buccholz isn't back yet.  But at some point you are going to have to know what you have in this kid,  yes he has looked good in two starts but he is very likely not going to be able to pitch at the end of the season and is destined for the bullpen.  So It's definitely an intriguing issue...that's for sure. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

The Sox could still hypothetically add another pitcher and move a guy like Dempster to the bullpen.  Dempster has shown that he pitch out of the pen, and move into the rotation.  Not saying I whole heartedly think that is the course we should take, but it is an option.  

I guess anything is a possibility, but Dempster hasn't pitched out of the bullpen in 6 years.  I doubt they want to go that route, as he has certainly pitched well for a back of the rotation guy.  Unless the Phillies decide to make Lee available (highly doubt it), then I just can't see them adding a starter, now that Buchholz is coming back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

I guess anything is a possibility, but Dempster hasn't pitched out of the bullpen in 6 years.  I doubt they want to go that route, as he has certainly pitched well for a back of the rotation guy.  Unless the Phillies decide to make Lee available (highly doubt it), then I just can't see them adding a starter, now that Buchholz is coming back.

[/QUOTE]

Yes but he has showed that versatility in the past.  I doubt it happens too, but I thnk it does happen in the playoffs. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Before we all get excited to see Bucholtz is coming back, we do not know how well he will do in the next three starts.  

I agree with a poster above that all Boston need three to four starters for every post season series.  But my biggest concern is to see them making into the playoff.  Meaning, if Boston need full five starters for the rest of the season.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Before we all get excited to see Bucholtz is coming back, we do not know how well he will do in the next three starts.  

I agree with a poster above that all Boston need three to four starters for every post season series.  But my biggest concern is to see them making into the playoff.  Meaning, if Boston need full five starters for the rest of the season.  

Yes but assuming The Sox either get another starter and/or Buch does come back and finishes the season then the main concern is the bullpen.  Even now the main concern is the bullpen.  I agree that until  Buccholz comes back that it makes sense to pitch workman, He's obviously taken over Webster as the next guy who can come up and fill in.  But he is approaching his season high for innings with more than two whole months left before the playoffs even begin.

Not saying the right thing to do is take him out of the rotation right now, because it makes sense that he gets at least another start.  But I am saying that the situation is a bit more complex than it seems on the surface and at some point the Sox are going to have to make a decision. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Is anybody interested in Cuban defector Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez?  Reports are the price tag is $50 - $60M over five years, and the Dodgers have dropped out.

He's 26 years old, so that could be a steal for his prime years, if he's good.  That's a good price even for a #3 starter, and acceptable for a very good closer.

He wouldn't cost any prospects, and could contribute this year.  Could be a good alternative to a trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

Is anybody interested in Cuban defector Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez?  Reports are the price tag is $50 - $60M over five years, and the Dodgers have dropped out.

He's 26 years old, so that could be a steal for his prime years, if he's good.  That's a good price even for a #3 starter, and acceptable for a very good closer.

He wouldn't cost any prospects, and could contribute this year.  Could be a good alternative to a trade.

Yes...It's a gamble but I'd rather risk the money than risk the farm.  Scouts say he may only need a few starts in the minors to make it to the bigs.  You bring him into Portland for a start or two bring him up to Pawtucket and if he's needed you can slot him into the rotation or if the rotation is healthy move him to the bullpen.