Rangers standing firm with Hamilton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Rangers standing firm with Hamilton

saw on ESPN today that the rangers WILL NOT go longer than a 3 year deal in regards to Josh Hamilton. hopefully this becomes the trend for not only hamilton but all FA. hamilton on a 3 year deal would be fantastic. you get him until he starts breaking down and you won't hamstring your team by flushing up to 80 mil down the drain like you would if you got him on a 4-7 year deal.

so if Hamiltons market really is 3 years what is the most you would offer him to play in boston? (with protection clauses included in case he relapses or something like that)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Rangers standing firm with Hamilton

shorter the deal is, more money per year!!!  Meaning he could get 3 years for 60 mm or 3 years for 75mm!!

So Hamilton will go either direction.  If he cant find a that is willing to give him a long term contract, he will just ask for more $$ per year!!

I strongly think that he may have trouble finding team that is willing to give him 6 years contract, but he wont have trouble finding a team that is willing to give him 20 plus millions dollars a year!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He'll probably get 25-30M...Id pay him 20-25M per on a 3 year deal with the protection clauses you mention.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

He'll probably get 25-30M...Id pay him 20-25M per on a 3 year deal with the protection clauses you mention.

yeah i probably would pay him 25/year on a 3 year deal with incentives for games played (he is very injury prone) as well as clauses where the sox can void his contract in the case of a relapse.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I think the day of the 7 or 8 year contract is over, other than in very exceptional cases.

6. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts