Rays announcers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Rays announcers?

Who were those guys on TBS today other than Schmotz?

Were they the Rays second string announcers?  Sure seemed to be too happy when the Rays were in the lead and then had tons of excuses for the Rays when the Sox took over the game from the fourth inning on.  They were even getting excited when Lester walked two guys in the 8th.

Not as bad as McCarver and his usual buddy, but not much better either.

Can't these big networks find some unbiased announcers?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Rays announcers?

In response to The4040club's comment:

In response to charliedarling's comment:

Were they the Rays second string announcers?  Sure seemed to be too happy when the Rays were in the lead and then had tons of excuses for the Rays when the Sox took over the game from the fourth inning on.  They were even getting excited when Lester walked two guys in the 8th.

I had the volume down but it sounded like they were mixing up the sox names to the respective hits.

In fairness, it was hard to keep up; there were so many.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

+1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

If you hate the annoucners, turn off the volume and use the audio from the radio, like we all did way back when with Johnny Most and the Celtics...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

I live in southwest Florida which of course is Rays land.  Those guys on TBS for Friday's game were not the Ray's normal play by play guy and his so-called sidekick.  The regular play by play guy is not too bad and is fairly easy to understand but the sidekick is horrendous and talk about excuses and cheerleading, he's all about that.  

Originally from the NE area I still root for NE teams and certainly not the Rays although the football Bucs are ok but a pathetic organization.

Friday night I watched Oakland and Detroit on TBS and Dennis Eckersley was doing color with it sounded like the RS play by play guy.  Therefore, that might mean that those two clowns doing the RS game were somehow part of the Rays organization.

The Rays are one of the if not the cheapest organizations in baseball so it would seems that the "cheap" carries over to their announcing teams and with "cheap" you usually get less than quality people... 

The real question is how in the world did a bottom tier network like TBS manage to secure the TV contract for MLB playoffs?  What happened to the good old days when major networks carried these games and the announcers were quality professionals and not biased clowns.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

They were gushing about Maddon the whole night.  Barely mentioned the job Farrell has done, and they came across as nonplussed during Farrell's mid-game interview.

WTF?  Wish we could have Orsillo and Eck. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

The TBS announcers were just as bad tonight.

Making excuse after excuse for the Rays.  Perhaps the Sox hitters had something to do about winning these first two games? 

Disgusting performances by the entire crew in the TBS booth again.  I cannot wait to hear them again on Monday!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to soups' comment:

They were gushing about Maddon the whole night.  Barely mentioned the job Farrell has done, and they came across as nonplussed during Farrell's mid-game interview.

WTF?  Wish we could have Orsillo and Eck. 

There ya go! That would be great. Orsillo is always in a great mood. Always having a good time. And Eck really seems to know what he's talking about with the pitching. I think they work really well together.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from racefanvt. Show racefanvt's posts

yea they were defintly awful might as well of said they were rooting for the rays in the booth

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

glad i wasn't the only one felt the same way.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Stuckinblues's comment:

Brian Anderson on play-by-play, Joe Simpson and John Smoltz as the analysts and Rachel Nichols as the reporter.

Thanks, Pike. I asked in the gamethread last night and didn't get answer

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

rachel nichols is infamous for sleeping with pro basketball players when she used to do sideline reporting.

anywho....i also noticed the pro-maddon / pro-rays feel to the broadcasting.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Yep.  They are clearly in the Rays' corner here.  I think Smoltz feels awkward in that booth right now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to bingobilly's comment:

I live in southwest Florida which of course is Rays land.  Those guys on TBS for Friday's game were not the Ray's normal play by play guy and his so-called sidekick.  The regular play by play guy is not too bad and is fairly easy to understand but the sidekick is horrendous and talk about excuses and cheerleading, he's all about that.  

Originally from the NE area I still root for NE teams and certainly not the Rays although the football Bucs are ok but a pathetic organization.

Friday night I watched Oakland and Detroit on TBS and Dennis Eckersley was doing color with it sounded like the RS play by play guy.  Therefore, that might mean that those two clowns doing the RS game were somehow part of the Rays organization.

The Rays are one of the if not the cheapest organizations in baseball so it would seems that the "cheap" carries over to their announcing teams and with "cheap" you usually get less than quality people... 

The real question is how in the world did a bottom tier network like TBS manage to secure the TV contract for MLB playoffs?  What happened to the good old days when major networks carried these games and the announcers were quality professionals and not biased clowns.

Amen. I have  lived in Ft Myers since 1978, and endured people like Brian Anderson (the one that does the Ray's "color". He simply can't keep his mouth shut, and I doubt they would let him anywhere near a PBS booth! The guys doing the A's-Detroit game are our guys plus the guy from Toronto TV. One too many.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I thought the guys on TBS tonight WERE the RAYS ANNOUNCERS?!!!!!?

They were so overtly routing for the Rays and completely praising them...the game was called completely from the Ray's perspective

Sections
Shortcuts