Rays Are Whiney

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Rays Are Whiney

That is complete 100% BS!!!!!!!!! Scutaro  threw the bat down and it immediately took an awkward bounce sideways towards shoppach.  who in their right mind can look at that play and think that was intentional. what an *****
    I can understand throwing at Scutaro after that but intentionally throwing at his head???? that PISSED me off.  Next time we face the Rays some one needs to get hit. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Come on - their rotation was completely set up for the series and we were out of whack and we still took 2 of 3 in Tampa.....What is gonna happen when they have to face Lester and we don't have to face Price - in Fenway? 

My take away message to Joe that is that we can handle Tampa now.

And one more thing Joe, that was real bush-league throwing at Marco's head because his throw bat took at bad bounce and still missed your catcher by a healthy margin......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The Rays' coaching staff has to stand up for their players and have to fight for everything.  They are in a critical stretch and any mental breakdowns could sink the team.  Losing 2 of 3 to the Red Sox, particularly in 16 innings, was heratbreaking for them and the have 4 games with the Yankees.  They need to go 3-1 against the Yanks, otherwise their season is over.  They need to convince ownership to make a few moves to improve the team and being 6 games out of the WC isn't the way to do it.

Martinez over reacted to Scutaro throwing his bat.  Scutaro tossed the bat away from the catcher, but it took this wierd bounce and and made a 90 degree turn.  Scutaro should have tossed his bat, but he didn't intend the bat to come close to the catcher. 

By the way, the Rays were lucky to be in the game.  How many walks did they give up?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The---Babe------. Show -The---Babe------'s posts

The only ones who sound whiney are the members of the red flops nation in here. You guys whined about the orioles after the last series with them and now your whining about the rays. We all know if it was reversed and a ray flipped his bat and it almost hit a sawx player you guys would be throwing a hissy fit about it. Grow a set.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

man i hate when yankee fans continue to change their handle....i can't hit the INGORE button fast enough!!!!!!!!1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Rays Are Whiney:
    That is complete 100% BS!!!!!!!!! Scutaro  threw the bat down and it immediately took an awkward bounce sideways towards shoppach.  who in their right mind can look at that play and think that was intentional. what an ***** I can understand throwing at Scutaro after that but intentionally throwing at his head???? that PISSED me off.  Next time we face the Rays some one needs to get hit. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

You're completely right on. Scutaro shouldn't have thrown the bat, that's bush league, but in no way was he trying to hit or interfere with the catcher. He was pissed, as we all were, that he popped up with the bases loaded.  The bat took a strange bounce.

And yes, throwing inside is fine, but not at the noggin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The---Babe------. Show -The---Babe------'s posts

man i hate when yankee fans continue to change their handle....i can't hit the INGORE button fast enough!!!!!!!!1

Posted by andrewmitch

The truth hurts.

And complain to dottie, it's her fault.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

All Scutaro had to has to do is apologize and don't throw his bat again......but to throw at his head for that is insane....And to throw at him at all in an extra inning game is just plain stupid.  Maddon has been pulling this cr ap for years now.  I recall a game in like his 2nd year and Remy calling out Maddon big time (of course today Remy thinks Maddon is Sparky Anderson but that's another topic)......I think this is gonna get ugly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

The only ones who sound whiney are the members of the red flops nation in here. You guys whined about the orioles after the last series with them and now your whining about the rays. We all know if it was reversed and a ray flipped his bat and it almost hit a sawx player you guys would be throwing a hissy fit about it. Grow a set.
    Posted by -The---Babe------

A quicker than usual banning for you this time, Babe.  You always resurface to provide us with insight that only you possess.  You are entertaining for those brief moments.  You are like a shooting star, bright and shiny and then snuffed out in an instant.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Joe Maddon is THE BEST manager in MLB.
    Nobody gets more out of less than he does.
    He never moans about lack of payroll.
    He just gets what he has, and wins.
    Two of the last three division titles in Tampa!
    The guy is personable and funny, too.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Posted by -The---Babe------

When it comes down to it, this is a game.  Throwing a ball at someones HEAD because he flipped his bat and it took a bad turn?  I would be against ANY player on ANY team throwing at someones head for ANY reason...because my respect for human life tends to edge out my love for a GAME. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

actually, it's not a game.  it's a job and a way to earn a living.  however,  your point still holds true...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Joe Maddon is THE BEST manager in MLB. Nobody gets more out of less than he does. He never moans about lack of payroll. He just gets what he has, and wins. Two of the last three division titles in Tampa! The guy is personable and funny, too.
    Posted by tbrod

I would agree.  He has a young team and needs to keep them motivated, particularly this week. 

It's too bad the Rays play in Tampa - the only thing worse than their stadium is the support they get from the residents of the city.  Best team in baseball that nobody sees.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Rays Are Whiney:
    Anyone else feel this way?  Maddon sort of has this arrogance about him as well. They seem to have this victim mentality when playing the Sox and it 's been like that for years. When they don't execute it's always someone else's fault.  I thought the umpire was quite good last night and they yet again end up blaming that for the reason why they couldn't score. Just thought I'd throw that out there. "My takeaway is that we can beat the Red Sox, and they know it. My takeaway from the 1-0 loss to the Yankees the other day is that we can beat the Yankees, and they know it. We're not going away. It's just a temporary inconvenience right now.'' Maddon's ejection appeared to be a continuation of his objection to a check-swing call during Josh Reddick's at-bat, which ended in a strikeout. "There was definitely a point to be made at that time,'' he said. Martinez's came after a valid complaint as Scutaro violently threw his bat after popping up for the final out with the bases loaded, and it landed very close to where catcher Kelly Shoppach was making catch. "I'm not going to let that happen,'' Martinez said. "I thought it was (intentional). By looking at it, as soon as I saw the reaction, I said, 'He threw it right at him.' I said some things to (home plate umpire Chad Fairchild) I shouldn't have said, but still, he wasn't going to do anything about it, what am I supposed to do?" Jesus. Act like you've been there before, fellas.   My god.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

What is this, a religious cult for the lunatic asylum?
    Tell me, where is Ortiz tonight?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

No need for the Red Sox to lower themselves to Tampa Bay's level. 

As for the Tampa Bay fans, "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

2011 ALCS: Red Sox vs. Yankees 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

It was not a checked swing, but who cares?  Those things are always tough calls and arguing about them is pointless.  Scutaro was frustrated, but throwing the bad down like that--and not being sure it didn't go toward the catcher--was wrong.  Not a huge wrong, but a wrong.

I thought the Rays looked like weak sisters and their manager like he didn't know what to do.  He used up his entire bullpen to try to get a win and ended up losing.  Then tonight that same, tired bullpen gave up 3 runs in 3 innings to blow a 2 run lead and lose another game. 

I think the Rays are in trouble.  Mostly because they are weak hitters.  But I don't think Maddon is helping matters. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

I think Maddon is quite overrated and possibly the whiniest manager in MLB. He seemingly gets kicked out of a game every week, and he's shouting obscenities (the worst ones mind you) clearly on television at the umpires. He's a brat, and his act, to me, is really tired and annoying. He has the Ozzie Guillen thing going for him as he gets a lot of his players fired up because, well, he acts just like them. He's petulent, flips out on umpires over very little things, basically exactly what you DON'T want in a youth coach unless you want your child yelling at umpires, throwing at other kids, making bush league acts in the field, etc. As my son grows up and possibly watches baseball on tv, if Maddon still coaches and acts the same way he does now, I'll turn to him and say, "see what that guy is doing? He does it all of the time because he's rude and obnoxious. He's an idiot, so please don't copy him and act that way. Be respectful, especially to umpires." I'm sorry, I don't like the guy, and it took a while for me and many acts on his part to finally push me this way.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

maddon is the love child of dick cheney and eugene levy.

Sections
Shortcuts