Rays choking??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Rays choking??

Rays just lost again today while Cleveland are winning by four runs in the 6th innings. Meaning Cleveland could clinch a tie for the post season berth.  

Now if Texas wins tonite, they will tie with Tampa for the #2 wildcard spot.

It is possible that it could have three way tie by tomorrow which that is what we all hope for!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Rays choking??

The problem with the Rays is they lose a lot of games in a row, then win a bunch. No consistency. a "Pretender" if you will. I said they had a lot of help staying atop the WC standings. NYY, O's, KC, Texas all just fell off a cliff. Even the Tigers had their issues, but had a big enough lead over the Tribe. The A's, Sox and Cleveland are the hot teams right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Choking no, chocking yes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Chocking it is...

As always - 100% correct!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Even if they win today, they could still be in a huge mess if Texas wins, and Texas is throwing Darvish today. Even bigger if Texas wins and Cleveland loses. So after rooting against Cleveland, Tampa now must pull for them to win to avoid the appocalypse scenario. Then of course, they could just quietly bow out by losing. Wouldnt break my heart, but it actually may be better now for the Sox if they win and the three way tie takes place. Bwah ha ha hahahahaha....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

I've never liked the word choking---too many bad connotations: The Rays aren't Chokers--every team that gets this far and wins over 90 games runs into tough teams that want to win as much as they do. Are the RS chokers because they backed into the HFA if they lose 2 of 3 to the O's? Are the Indians Chokers if they lose the last game of the season and have to go into a three way playoff?? OR the A's losing the opportunity to have HFA? I don't think so.

I'm assuming if Cleve takes care of business and the Rays and Rangers wind up tied then the tie breaker eliminates Tampa by virtue of their head to head competition. 

Don't get me wrong I love the novelty of a three way play in and the loss of three teams  best pitchers for opening the first round but I would love to see the Rays eliminated with a tie breaker proviso.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

I've never liked the word chocking---too many bad connotations: The Rays aren't Chockers--every team that gets this far and wins over 90 games runs into tough teams that want to win as much as they do. Are the RS chockers because they backed into the HFA if they lose 2 of 3 to the O's? Are the Indians Chockers if they lose the last game of the season and have to go into a three way playoff?? OR the A's losing the opportunity to have HFA? I don't think so.

I'm assuming if Cleve takes care of business and the Rays and Rangers wind up tied then the tie breaker eliminates Tampa by virtue of their head to head competition. 

Don't get me wrong I love the novelty of a three way play in and the loss of three teams  best pitchers for opening the first round but I would love to see the Rays eliminated with a tie breaker proviso.

Is it "choking" or "chocking" you don't like? I certainly hope it's not the latter ;-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

I've never liked the word chocking---too many bad connotations: The Rays aren't Chockers--every team that gets this far and wins over 90 games runs into tough teams that want to win as much as they do. Are the RS chockers because they backed into the HFA if they lose 2 of 3 to the O's? Are the Indians Chockers if they lose the last game of the season and have to go into a three way playoff?? OR the A's losing the opportunity to have HFA? I don't think so.

They are chocking, and are doing so because they are chockers. The Red Sox won 90 games in 2011 and chocked, chocked, chocked. They chocking chockers who chocked, much like chocking chockers do. Get your mind out of the gutter, it has no connotations other than choking.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

This is like in 2007, when a couple of posters accused the RS of choking, not because they were losing, but because the NYY were winning.

TB has won 7 of 9.  That's .778.

CL has 9 of 9.  That's 1.000.

TX has won their last 6 of 6.  That's 1.000.

When the other team wins every game, you are likely to lose ground.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The Rays were 10-15 in August and 15-12 so far in sept. Thats below 500 for the last 2 months. You cant play like that and expect to be taken seriously. The Rays were the team that folded in the "dog days", not the Sox. They have been very inconsistent this year. They went from being ahead of the Sox in % points to 8-9 games out in a matter of a couple weeks.

Im hoping for a 3 way tie so whoever we get has exhausted their top pitchers.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

The Rays were 10-15 in August and 15-12 so far in sept. Thats below 500 for the last 2 months. You cant play like that and expect to be taken seriously. The Rays were the team that folded in the "dog days", not the Sox. They have been very inconsistent this year. They went from being ahead of the Sox in % points to 8-9 games out in a matter of a couple weeks.

Im hoping for a 3 way tie so whoever we get has exhausted their top pitchers.

Agree on all counts.