Rays Only 6 Games Back of Wild Card

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Rays Only 6 Games Back of Wild Card

If the yanks lose the second game today that could fall to 5.5 games.  With make up games left for yanks and only 1 or 2 days off the rest of the way, this could get very interesting for the Wild Card contenders. Stay tuned.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Rays Only 6 Games Back of Wild Card

You may be right, but it sounds like wishful thinking, given the teams involved; did you mention this when the RS were 7 up on TB a couple of weeks ago?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Preferred Headline:  "Yankees in dogfight for Wild Card"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Rays Only 6 Games Back of Wild Card:
    [QUOTE]Preferred Headline:  "Yankees in dogfight for Wild Card"
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]

Given that they're closer to 1st, aren't the RS in a dogfight with the Yankees as well, if not moreso?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

But Softone, the great fabricator, insisted that the Rays would go away?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Obviously the Softone is wrong; he's been backpedalling on Ells as well, but he may be a little right about Wake; I'd trade him for Burnett in a minute regardless.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]But Softone, the great fabricator, insisted that the Rays would go away?
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Yes he has, and it has looked that way at times throughout the season.  But under new circumstances of these make up games, anything is possible and Moonslav is looking more and more like he could've been correct throughout.  I heard on MLB talk radio XM yesterday that the yanks were adamantly trying to get that Baltimore make-up game thrown out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays Only 6 Games Back of Wild Card : Yes he has, and it has looked that way at times throughout the season.  But under new circumstances of these make up games, anything is possible and Moonslav is looking more and more like he could've been correct throughout.  I heard on MLB talk radio XM yesterday that the yanks were adamantly trying to get that Baltimore make-up game thrown out.
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

There was an article about this on MLB.com 

Apparently, Girardi tried to get the O's to schedule a double-header on Friday so the Yankees would have a day to rest before the Sox series.  The O's refused because it was too short notice, and they wanted to pay tribute to Mike Flanagan before Friday's game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The Rays are on the edge of getting back into this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]The Rays are on the edge of getting back into this.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

To be a little more accurate about this, the Rays are on the edge of getting back into this with the help of the Yankees.  Much was said a couple of weeks ago about the Sox not beating the teams they could beat, and now the Y's are (not) doing the same thing. 

If the O's can pull the second game out tonight the Y's will be 3 games back of Boston, coming into Fenway Park on Tuesday night.  Does that make this a "must win" series for the Yankees?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays Only 6 Games Back of Wild Card : There was an article about this on MLB.com  http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110828&content_id=23859102&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb Apparently, Girardi tried to get the O's to schedule a double-header on Friday so the Yankees would have a day to rest before the Sox series.  The O's refused because it was too short notice, and they wanted to pay tribute to Mike Flanagan before Friday's game.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Damn shame about Flanigan. For those unaware, he shot himself in the head - despondent over financial issues. The ex-pitcher/announcer was 59.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays Only 6 Games Back of Wild Card : Damn shame about Flanigan. For those unaware, he shot himself in the head - despondent over financial issues. The ex-pitcher/announcer was 59.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]
    Part of the make-up of most athletes is a large amount of pride at being good at what they do and have accomplished, and a strong independent streak. That pride and independent streak may have precluded Mike Flanagan from asking his friends for help that they sure sound like they would have been happy to give him.

I just hope that his wife and three daughters are granted the help and financial assistance by his friends and the Orioles organization he may have been too proud to ask for while living.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Good pitching that did not fade away in the "dog days" like the silly clown claimed.  TB is still not "in it", but they are on pace for about 89-90 wins. softy hasn't stopped bashing me for saying they'd win 90-92.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays Only 6 Games Back of Wild Card : Part of the make-up of most athletes is a large amount of pride at being good at what they do and have accomplished, and a strong independent streak. That pride and independent streak may have precluded Mike Flanagan from asking his friends for help that they sure sound like they would have been happy to give him. I just hope that his wife and three daughters are granted the help and financial assistance by his friends and the Orioles organization he may have been too proud to ask for while living.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

Excellent take.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

f the yanks lose the second game today that could fall to 5.5 games.  With make up games left for yanks and only 1 or 2 days off the rest of the way, this could get very interesting for the Wild Card contenders. Stay tuned.....

Ha ha ha aha ha ahahahahahahaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhha!!!!!!

Rays went away a long time ago! They are toast and nothing more than spoilers for who wins division and who gets WC. Moonslow is now spinning "hung on during dog days", which is patently false at 7 back on LC. Rays are toast, which means nothing to the 2 fans they have.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

The coward comes on after the NY win, not after the Rays 12-0 drubbing of Toronto in Toronto. Lying spineless low-life.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]f the yanks lose the second game today that could fall to 5.5 games.  With make up games left for yanks and only 1 or 2 days off the rest of the way, this could get very interesting for the Wild Card contenders. Stay tuned..... Ha ha ha aha ha ahahahahahahaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhha!!!!!! Rays went away a long time ago! They are toast and nothing more than spoilers for who wins division and who gets WC. Moonslow is now spinning "hung on during dog days", which is patently false at 7 back on LC. Rays are toast, which means nothing to the 2 fans they have.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

WOW!   Softy???    Are you so petty that you can't even give the Rays, with their pathetic payroll, some props for (YES!) "hanging in there."

You're like a 13 year old girl, still in a tiff with your ex. BFF!  My God!

The minutia you argue with __________ & _________ is absolutely insane!

You say the SAME THING 500 times a day!  WOW!  It is literally clinical!!!!!

YOU start the SAME ARGUMENTS EVERY DAY!  You are certifiable!   :)

GTFU  Mr. 13 yr. old  I'm sure you got that..... but for those who don't know.....

Grow the ______ up!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

You're like a 13 year old girl, still in a tiff with your ex. BFF!  My God!

The minutia you argue with __________ & _________ is absolutely insane!

You say the SAME THING 500 times a day!  WOW!  It is literally clinical!!!!!

YOU start the SAME ARGUMENTS EVERY DAY!  You are certifiable!   :)

GTFU  Mr. 13 yr. old  I'm sure you got that..... but for those who don't know.....

Grow the ______ up!

Res ipsa, my demented ranting poster, the shoe fits you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]You're like a 13 year old girl, still in a tiff with your ex. BFF!  My God! The minutia you argue with __________ & _________ is absolutely insane! You say the SAME THING 500 times a day!  WOW!  It is literally clinical!!!!! YOU start the SAME ARGUMENTS EVERY DAY!  You are certifiable!   :) GTFU  Mr. 13 yr. old  I'm sure you got that..... but for those who don't know..... Grow the ______ up! Res ipsa, my demented ranting poster, the shoe fits you.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

Precisely!    Everything you say...... speaks for itself   :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Moonslow is now spinning "hung on during dog days", which is patently false at 7 back on LC. Rays are toast, which means nothing to the 2 fans they have.

Your reading comprehension is in the toilet. I said TB's starting pitchers have "hung on during the dog days while softy projected they'd wilt." I admitted Tb was out of it weeks ago. I said it again yesterday and today. 

It is you who is doing the "spinning".

I'll repeat: TB has gone away. Their starting staff is doing amazing things, but they have near zilch of a chance to pull off a miracle. They are on pace for the amount of wins I projected, but I grossly underestimated the amount of wins the Wild Card would win this year. I thought the top teams would beat each other up so much that 92-94 wins would be the magic number to make the playoffs. (Hence my point that TB would stay in it up to the very end and have a real chance to win the WC.) I was wrong. I have never hid from my poor projection. You keep going on and on like I am still saying I was right. I wasn't I was wrong.

I was wrong.

I WAS WRONG.

I still am wrong. The Yanks are going to win much more than 92-94 games. TB may or may not reach my projected 90-92 win range. Right now they are close to that pace.

Stop the lies and the misiformation spins and propaganda. 

Now, admit you were wrong on Jake (17 times) , Wake (13 times) , AGon (3 times), Youk, Beckett, Aceves, Reddick (2 times), DMac, BHall, VTek (4 times), Salty, VMart (3 times), Pedey (batting 4th), CC (leading off),and more...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Could see a Sox sweep, and the Rays win next 3... they would only be .5 behind New York.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

New York will not get caught by TB, the Yankees put too many runs on the board. But they are not getting by Texas in the playoffs with their pitching staff. Although Nova does look like a find.