Rays will overtake Yanks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Rays will overtake Yanks

In Response to Re: Rays will overtake Yanks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays will overtake Yanks : What's up monsieur...
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]Hey buddy. Life is good in the Bronx right now oui?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

As for baseball, the division lead IS getting too small for my liking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Rays will overtake Yanks": I was jk, waiting for calzonesaysthis to blame me for the phony who started the thread.
    Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE]I'd pay to watch mikey vs. pike on cable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]As for baseball, the division lead IS getting too small for my liking.
    Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE]Youse guys need to crush Tampa then. I like the Devil Rays even less than the Yanks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

I'd win by TKO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I'd win by TKO.
    Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE]I would hope so gangsta.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Rays will overtake Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays will overtake Yanks : Youse guys need to crush Tampa then. I like the Devil Rays even less than the Yanks. Posted by carnie[/QUOTE] I think we'll win the division but I'd feel better if we had a few more games on them and a healthy Mariano, A-Rod and Pettitte.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Rays will overtake Yanks": I think we'll win the division but I'd feel better if we had a few more games on them and a healthy Mariano, A-Rod and Pettitte.
    Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE]I'd rent Papi out for Dellin Betances if I were GM. Papi deserves another ring.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Rays will overtake Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays will overtake Yanks : I'd rent Papi out for Dellin Betances if I were GM. Papi deserves another ring. Posted by carnie[/QUOTE] I wish we were both GM's and it was before the deadline, I'd do that deal right now!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Rays will overtake Yanks": I wish we were both GM's and it was before the deadline, I'd do that deal right now!
    Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE]You'd give up Betances for one shot at the title? I would too, but you have cajones my friend. I'd friend you here, but you're probably only minutes from getting banned again. Tongue Out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Rays will overtake Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays will overtake Yanks : You'd give up Betances for one shot at the title? I would too, but you have cajones my friend. I'd friend you here, but you're probably only minutes from getting banned again.  Posted by carnie[/QUOTE] Well Betances has really struggled this year, so for Papi and a shot at a ring that's a no brainer. You gotta take your shots when you got them, I wasn't happy with Cashman in 2010 because I felt that he had to do whatever it took to get Lee, I think Lee would've put us over the top that yr. If we had Papi in the lineup, I think we'd be a dangerous team, take him in a heartbeat.I'd give up Banuelos too!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Rays will overtake Yanks": Well Betances has really struggled this year, so for Papi and a shot at a ring that's a no brainer. You gotta take your shots when you got them, I wasn't happy with Cashman in 2010 because I felt that he had to do whatever it took to get Lee, I think Lee would've put us over the top that yr. If we had Papi in the lineup, I think we'd be a dangerous team, take him in a heartbeat.I'd give up Banuelos too!
    Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE]Cliff Lee on the Yankees scared me quite a bit. We are definitely out of it this year though. Chad Finn is even throwing up the white flag, and that guy never gives up. Would you say no if it were Banuelos instead of Betances?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Rays will overtake Yanks": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays will overtake Yanks : Cliff Lee on the Yankees scared me quite a bit. We are definitely out of it this year though. Chad Finn is even throwing up the white flag, and that guy never gives up. Would you say no if it were Banuelos instead of Betances? Posted by carnie[/QUOTE] Banuelos for Papi? Done. Wouldn't think twice about it. Imagine trying to navigate that lineup with him in it and A-Rod when he gets back, that's a nightmare.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays will overtake Yanks : The Yanks are doing okay, but I don't think they will get by the Rays or Rangers in the ALCS, assuming they make it that far....     Life on this forum is, however, problematic...JBAY agreed with dgale who two days ago (all quotes are from last Sunday's game thread, the thread I "sabotaged" by responding to gratuitous attacks) that I was a ""phony and a fraud", comments that obviously went beyond the fact that I had 3 ID's or was another concern troll...JBAY talked about how I had "confessed" to it, even though I did mention the minor detail that I used the same 2 quotes with all 3 ID's, hardly the approacjh of someone trying to hide anything...JBAY went on to say that I need to äpologize" to you for deceiving you..He also said the following in 2 separate posts: " He admitted to mutilple screen names, exam.  thats the BS that will stop soon, hopefully. notice "clamshack" took off, also…… Let me get this straight, you have three screen names, regularly sabotage the gamehthreads and you're shocked at my behavior...do I have that right?? not to mention, you have a pregnant wife, 2 kids, work 50 hours a week and you have time for 3 screen names, as a NYY fan, on a red sox forum?? the three screen names are??" Clearly the implication is that my "fraud"extends beyod the 3 screen names...How could I have 2 kids and a pregnant wife if I spend all this time on the forum....I responded as follows, carnie: " Teilhardian and caseycsw for the software boys....I have been on this site for over 3 years, with a total of 1146 posts, including this one....Sounds like a lot, and I guess it is a lot, even if that is over the course of 3 years....But I obviously do not live here...But I will take that shot from you anyway, JBAY, about how I spend all this time in here and yet claim to have a real life outside of here... And I guess responding to attacks is sabotaging a game thread anyway, so I better be quiet lest you grab your bat phone and dial me in tonight..Oh, no!!! Perish the thought!!!....Anyway, I will avoid making another mini-gallows speech while you flex your moderator muscle...It is VERY impressive, I must say....Very fair and balanced..."      I won't go into the rest of it, other than to add he is essentially telling others I will be banned permanently once the new software is put in place....Even so, I told JBAY and others on Sunday that I was not proud of losing it with KST and pike after getting repeatedly attacked by them, just as others have been..Nor am I proud for getting suspended indefinitely over my left-wing rants when others get a thread or two deleted...Why?..It's a baseball forum, and one with predominantly conservative members, even if there is a smattering of liberals...But I have strong convictions and cannot always keep my Irish political blarney in check...Still, there are political forums created for that, even if there is often (not always) double standard on this forum..      Anyway, carnie, I will miss the forum and especially some of our exchanges..You are a great guy, and I have appreciated your support...I know you obviously know that I had 3 ID's so I doubt you are shocked to hear of same..Then there is the implication that, besides supposedly being another posturing "concern" Yankee troll, maybe I don't have a loving wife, a demanding psychiatric social work job, 2 beautiful little girls, and  another one on the way, or that I am "fraud" in other ways....Carnie,  I am not worried that you believe it is all a not-so-cleverly- created ruse....The only reason I am belaboring all of this is that, while the attacks by pike and KST were many, they have gone after plenty of others as well...Most do not really pay that heed..But when someone who acts as the forum moderator joins with another poster in saying that I am a "fraud and a phony" it is a lot different...Not sure how much longer I will be able to post,carnie, but I did want you to know... .There is no need to comment since I know you get along well with JBay and everyone on this forum, for that matter...I just wanted,  want to get this stuff off my chest.... When I showed some of the posts to my wife (who is from Belfast and has seen plenty of BS of a more serious nature in her life), she was stunned by the nasty personal innuendo behind the attacks...      So I will post off and on until my IP address head is finally lopped off....I have enjoyed my 3 years on the forum, even if my presence was intermittent at best,  but I will not miss the way people make themselves feel better when they revel in bashing others....  
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]You and I are brothers. I hope you know that. I'm always carnie something or other. If we're ever in the same neighbouroghhood you can identify me by my one of my tattoos.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays will overtake Yanks : You and I are brothers. I hope you know that. I'm always carnie something or other. If we're  ever in the same neighbouroghhood  you can identify me by my one of my tattoos.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Thanks carnie..I appreciate it....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays will overtake Yanks : You and I are brothers. I hope you know that. I'm always carnie something or other. If we're  ever in the same neighbouroghhood  you can identify me by my one of my tattoos.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Very cool link, bye the bye...And I used to go to a folk bar in Albany that played a fair amount of bluegrass live when I was in social work school...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays will overtake Yanks : Very cool link, bye the bye...And I used to go to a folk bar in Albany that played a fair amount of bluegrass live when I was in social work school...
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]We don't only play bluegrass. The link is kind of a misnomer. The festival is actually called hardly strictly bluegrass. It's kind of country yes, but it's featured (among others) Delbert McClinton, Irma Thomas, Mavis Staples, Del McCoury and sons and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band. Marx Meadow is right in my neighborhood too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays will overtake Yanks : We don't only play bluegrass. The link is kind of a misnomer. The festival is actually called hardly strictly bluegrass. It's kind of country yes, but it's featured (among others) Delbert McClinton, Irma Thomas, Mavis Staples, Del McCoury and sons and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band. Marx Meadow is right in my neighborhood too.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Very impressive, carnie...What instrument do you play??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays will overtake Yanks : Very impressive, carnie...What instrument do you play??
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]The mandolin is my main instrument. I also play the guitar, the bass and the slide trombone. Do you play?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

None....Wish I could...But when I was a heck of a lot younger, I saw Joe Val and the New England Bluegrass Boys perform (in Boston and Waltham), and they really whet my bluegrass appetite..And Joe Val played mandolin and it was an awesome sound in my book....My uncle then turned me on to the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (not strict bluegrass of course) and I loved them..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]None....Wish I could...But when I was a heck of a lot younger, I saw Joe Val and the New England Bluegrass Boys perform (in Boston and Waltham), and they really whet my bluegrass appetite..And Joe Val played mandolin and it was an awesome sound in my book....My uncle then turned me on to the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (not strict bluegrass of course) and I loved them..
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]Joe Val was hot. Are you with rounder?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Have a few old Rounder Records from my uncle...but no turntable

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Have a few old Rounder Records from my uncle...but no turntable
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV05IH3a4Bg  BTW that's a hankwilliams song. Laughing

25. This post has been removed.