Rays will overtake Yanks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Rays will overtake Yanks

In Response to Re: Rays will overtake Yanks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays will overtake Yanks : A new Baseball stadium WILL NOT i repeat WILL NOT draw more fans, The stadium would still be in FLORIDA right??? well, ask the Marlins how their NEW STADIUM is drawing in fans.. the place is a ghost town.. when are they going to learn.. it is FLORIDA.. the ONLY teams that draw down here are football because they play 8 games ayear at home.. other than that, forget about Pro Sports in Florida.. it is way to transient a state.. 
    Posted by readsocks[/QUOTE]Are you from Reading sis?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays will overtake Yanks : We don't only play bluegrass. The link is kind of a misnomer. The festival is actually called hardly strictly bluegrass. It's kind of country yes, but it's featured (among others) Delbert McClinton, Irma Thomas, Mavis Staples, Del McCoury and sons and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band. Marx Meadow is right in my neighborhood too.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I saw in another post that Robert Earl Keen would be at the festival. I was going to post this to you then but ended up falling asleep listening to music and blew it. Hope to make it up to you now. He's pretty young in this.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWzIikLDmyw

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

The Rays swept the Angles and the Sox lose to the Angels. That is all there is to it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays will overtake Yanks : I saw in another post that Robert Earl Keen would be at the festival. I was going to post this to you then but ended up falling asleep listening to music and blew it. Hope to make it up to you now. He's pretty young in this. www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWzIikLDmyw
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]He comes every year. I finally saw him this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I haven't had a chance to see him. Hoping I get a chance to work for him someday. Looks like he puts on a fun show. Have you seen the video in the link before?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't had a chance to see him. Hoping I get a chance to work for him someday. Looks like he puts on a fun show. Have you seen the video in the link before?
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]I love Robert Earl Keen. He usually headlines the main stage at our little party. I have kind of stalled at the Flatlanders' stage the last couple of years though.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

The Festival sounds like a great time. I'd love to go but I haven't been in San Francisco in 30 years. Maybe next year. :) My room-mate's daughter is going to dance school out there. Just rented an apartment 10 min. from G.G. Park. I'll e-mail her. Maybe she'll go. Maybe not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]The Festival sounds like a great time. I'd love to go but I haven't been in San Francisco in 30 years. Maybe next year. :) My room-mate's daughter is going to dance school out there. Just rented an apartment 10 min. from G.G. Park. I'll e-mail her. Maybe she'll go. Maybe not.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]Come on out. This music festival is unlike any other.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rays will overtake Yanks :  If the Rays have "great" starting pitching, why aren't they in first place?
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

Wednesday's game should answer the question. For 9 innings,they didn't give up a run. They lose in 10 by 1-0. That might give you the answer. They really have been pathetic at the plate. They even benched Pena who lead the league in homers two years after RS dumpded him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

They do have Longoria back and have scored 42 runs in the last 6 games (7.0 per game) which includes last night's 0 inning shutout, but you want to focus on one game...

Their 3  top OPS players team PAs ranks are 5th (Joyce), 8th (Keppinger), and 12th (Longoria). My guess is these three will be playing a lot more down the stretch.

Check this out:
    Playing Joyce (.828 OPS) in the OF allows Zobrist to play 2B instead of Rhymes at .584.
    Playing Longoria (.870 OPS) at 3B instead of Sean Rodriguezat .608.
    Playing Keppinger (.820) at 1B instead of Carlos Pena at .671.
    Playing Lobaton (.651) at catcher instead of Molina at .585.
    Allowing defensive whiz Sean Rodriguez to play more at SS.
    Put all these together and their offense could improve enough to make them strong contenders. 

Their pitching staff is awesome. They have 15 pitchers with over 15 IP this year: only 2 have ERAs over 4.00! One is over 4.03! None are over 4.74! This year, 4 starters will be needed in the playoffs since there are less days off (particularly with the WC play-in game). The rays 4 starters:
    Price     2.28
    Shields 4.03
    Moore   3.57
    Hellick  3.28

Their closer has 38 saves and an 0.78 ERA (0.798 WHIP).
    Their set-up man (Peralta) is at 3.25 and 0.854.

TB is on pace for 90 wins this year while playing in the only division with 3 teams with 67+ wins.

Some keep thining they "will fade away in the dogdays of summer" (softy in 2010, 2011, and 2012), but this team has guts, they have pitching, coaching, and they will compete to the last out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Shields has totally turned his season around in the past 3 weeks. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Shields has totally turned his season around in the past 3 weeks. 
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

So, now that you are no longer a Sox fan, you gonna root for the Rays?

ERAs over the last 28 days:
    Moore   1.16
    Price     1.22
    Shields 2.75
    Hellick  2.79
    Rodney 0.69
    Peralta 0.66

(Plus Badenhop at 2.38 and Howell at 0.00)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

If the roles were reversed and the Red Sox were where the Yanks are, I would definitely be rooting for the the Rays...But the Rays have a tough schedule in the next few weeks that should be a litmus test of their mettle and the likelihood of surpassing the Yanks to take the division...Three at home with Oakland...Then they catch a break with 4 on the road at the Rogers Centre with the Jays...After that they are home for three games against the Yanks (a big series), and 3 against the Rangers...They then catch another break with 4 games against the Red Sox, but you never know...The Bosox might not be in a mail-in mode or they might roll over because some players hate the Yanks more...I have no clue...How the Bosox play for that series will have a big impact...Then its Toronto again (3) at home before they go to Fenway for a quick 2 game series...They close it out with 4 tough games against the Chisox in Chicago (the Chisox will likely still be fighting for the division or a WC) and then 3 in Camden Yards...
         The Yanks schedule is definitely easier...They have 10 games left with Toronto, 3 against the Tribe and 3 against the Twinkies...Based on schedule and their likely 3 game lead after tonight (Yanks down 2-1 in the bottom of the 7th), I think the Yanks have the edge....The Rays, though, are a godd bet to take the Wild Card and if they do the Yanks and maybe even the Rangers could be toast...A Rays vs. Rangers ALCS is a good bet in my book at this point...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

They did just sweep LAA at LA, so maybe they will rise to the occasion like they did last September. (5 of 6 vs Bos/ 4 of 7 vs NYY/ 2 of 3 vs TX at the end)

Sections
Shortcuts