RBI's

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Re: RBI's

I didn't think this post would start a grammar contest....though I would agree I never should have used the apostrophe. When I post I usually do not concern myslef with typos and grammar, since I am sure posters get the message. As to use of RBIs instead of RBI, I would say RBIs is more commonly used my baseball announcers, as in he has 5 RBIs tonight, not He has 5 RBI tonight.....whether it is technically correct who cares.....since that wasnt what the post was about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

I didn't think this post would start a grammar contest....though I would agree I never should have used the apostrophe. When I post I usually do not concern myslef with typos and grammar, since I am sure posters get the message. As to use of RBIs instead of RBI, I would say RBIs is more commonly used my baseball announcers, as in he has 5 RBIs tonight, not He has 5 RBI tonight.....whether it is technically correct who cares.....since that wasnt what the post was about.

I agree with this, I make errors all the time.  It happens, this isn't English class.  My worst enemy is saying your instead of you're.  I know the difference between the two but I leave out the ' because I'm so use to my Ipad automatically inserting it but when I type to fast and the e gets left out it ends up coming up as "your"

But I think the reason why this board went off on Andrewmitch was he tried to point out other peoples errors but was in fact himself incorrect. 

Oh well.

Henri Poincare would never bother to go back and correct grammatical errors in his own work when he noticed them.  He deemed it a waste of time. Who was Henri Poincare????? pretty much he was Albert Einsteen before Albert Einsteen. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

I've heard it both ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE1fzk-4TJk

If a manager doesn't have confidence in his ball players, even when they're going badly, they're not going to have confidence in themselves. And when a ballplayer's confidence is gone, you haven't got a ballplayer - Birdie Tebbetts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

FWIW: I was talking to a friend of mine who is a reporter. He said the AP Stylebook, which tells the correct usage of words, grammar, titles, capitalization, etc. and there's a special section on sports, says the correct usage is RBIs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Ribbies works

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

And also it's

"2 OUT" and NOT "2 OUTS"

"Out" is short for "number of men out"

therefore, it is NOT "2 MEN ARE OUTS" it is "2 MEN ARE OUT"

so.......it is not "2 outs" but "2 out"........SINGULAR

How many out?  2, 2 men out or 1, 1 man out......but hey, if you heard people say "OUTS" then it must be right.  heck, i still hear people say supposebly too.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps's comment:

Ribbies works

Actually -- according the Sabermetric people, RBI is an outdated stat so the RBI-RBIs dispute should be moot considering we shouldn't even be using the stat.

Innocent

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

And also it's

"2 OUT" and NOT "2 OUTS"

"Out" is short for "number of men out"

therefore, it is NOT "2 MEN ARE OUTS" it is "2 MEN ARE OUT"

so.......it is not "2 outs" but "2 out"........SINGULAR

How many out?  2, 2 men out or 1, 1 man out......but hey, if you heard people say "OUTS" then it must be right.  heck, i still hear people say supposebly too.....

You should do yourself a favor and stop trying to give people grammar lessons.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

why is it a "K"?