Re-acquire Papelbon from Phils?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Re: Re-acquire Papelbon from Phils?

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

softlaw, I think you meant to say Papelbon "won't want" to come back to Boston, and I agree.  I disagree he is a stupid redneck, especially in view of his current contract and how he played his cards to get it--to say nothing of his continuing ability to close games effectively. 

Don't care about the color of his neck or his IQ.  He wanted a big contract and out of boston.  I don't see him coming back ever, but never say never. 

The sox need to do something, not sure there are a whole lot of choices.  I would like to see how tazawa would handle the closer role.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Those that say his contract might be a problem later He is 32 has only pitched 70 innings once with most around 65 and his "WORST" save year was 31. If you actually look at his numbers you will see he has been extremly consistent i9n the 7 full seasons he has closed, Papelbon has racked up 200 saves in the fewest appearances in history to go with 458 Ks. His career conversion rate is amongst the best, standing at 88.1 percent. 

Funny thing is two that are considered great Nathan and Valverde are both less than 40 saves in front of him and one is 35 (3 yrs more of saves) and the other 38 (5 yrs more of saves).

The money he is getting is well worth it not signing him has been the main problem with RS  RP.

Just say it most here hate Paps despite what he has accomplished they think he is a dumb redneck and a fool.

I have always siad not signing him would hurt this team for at least five yrs or more and so far,,,,,,,,,,,,

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Those that say his contract might be a problem later He is 32 has only pitched 70 innings once with most around 65 and his "WORST" save year was 31. If you actually look at his numbers you will see he has been extremly consistent i9n the 7 full seasons he has closed, Papelbon has racked up 200 saves in the fewest appearances in history to go with 458 Ks. His career conversion rate is amongst the best, standing at 88.1 percent. 

Funny thing is two that are considered great Nathan and Valverde are both less than 40 saves in front of him and one is 35 (3 yrs more of saves) and the other 38 (5 yrs more of saves).

The money he is getting is well worth it not signing him has been the main problem with RS  RP.

Just say it most here hate Paps despite what he has accomplished they think he is a dumb redneck and a fool.

I have always siad not signing him would hurt this team for at least five yrs or more and so far,,,,,,,,,,,,

I don't hate pap and don't think he is a fool.  I do get sick of players being so greedy.  There is no team loyalty anymore but that's the way it is now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

I don't hate pap and don't think he is a fool.  I do get sick of players being so greedy.  There is no team loyalty anymore but that's the way it is now.

Don't most of us all go for the most money when we have the chance

Sections
Shortcuts