Real Red Sox fans know the truth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

Re: Real Red Sox fans know the truth

In Response to Re: Real Red Sox fans know the truth:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Real Red Sox fans know the truth : So because you played division 1 baseball, you know that what was reported about the Sox in spetember is not true?  Thanks, this clears it up for me! You should really tell Francona what you know - maybe he can get his job back...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

It's not a question of true or not. It's a question of how important ChickenGate was. Most reasonable fans in Red Sox Nation put most of the blame on the performance of the starting rotation, the injuries, blown saves down the stretch, and poor defense and base running in September. Only the posters like andrewmitch, expitch, Softlaw, and Georom like to scapegoat a few players. chicken, and beer. They enjoy stirring the pot with such nonsense that even they don't really believe. To them, a boring forum is worse that being honest.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

What? It was all Francona's fault? Wow, no one had ever posted that before. New ground broken.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Real Red Sox fans know the truth : It's not a question of true or not. It's a question of how important ChickenGate was. Most reasonable fans in Red Sox Nation put most of the blame on the performance of the starting rotation, the injuries, blown saves down the stretch, and poor defense and base running in September. Only the posters like andrewmitch, expitch, Softlaw, and Georom like to scapegoat a few players. chicken, and beer. They enjoy stirring the pot with such nonsense that even they don't really believe. To them, a boring forum is worse that being honest.
    Posted by LadyLake[/QUOTE]

Aren't you doing the same as them by assuming you know what their motives are?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Real Red Sox fans know the truth : Aren't you doing the same as them by assuming you know what their motives are?
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

You might have a point, they may be only headstrong, obstinate, illogical, unreasonable, and senile. In that case their motives would be moot / irrelevant.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Real Red Sox fans know the truth : You might have a point, they may be only headstrong, obstinate, illogical, unreasonable, and senile. In that case their motives would be moot / irrelevant.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

It would be a boring forum if we all held the same position on every issue. I may disagree with some of these guys, and others I disagree a lot, but I only think there are less than a handful that have "troll motives". I've been known to be a bit obstinate myself, and can understand posters sticking to their guns, even when most of the evidence goes against what they believe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE]It is true that Francona failed to adjust to changes in the team’s chemistry. However it is also true that Francona had a number of Free Agents signed by the front office he had to give playing time too. Lackey, Crawford, Jenks, Cameron, Wheeler, Dice-K and Drew were all injured or under performing for most of the season. Adding Bedard late in the year only added to the problems.   The obvious move of sending Francona packing was to be expected. The reality was between bad signings, injuries and a few bad attitudes this team couldn’t overcome adversity. Francona was only a part of the problem, not the whole of it.
    Posted by Thomasmtom[/QUOTE]

Psst. Increasing the size of your font does not make it more readable!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Real Red Sox fans know the truth : It would be a boring forum if we all held the same position on every issue. I may disagree with some of these guys, and others I disagree a lot, but I only think there are less than a handful that have "troll motives". I've been known to be a bit obstinate myself, and can understand posters sticking to their guns, even when most of the evidence goes against what they believe.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

In regards to those who are so headstrong / obstinate that there is a zero chance of them even reading or trying to see a different point of view then it is unhealthy, futile, and a waste of time and effort to engage in a discussion / debate with them. My criteria for labeling posters as trolls is easy; if they are chronically pessimistic, cynical, and repetitive ( Johnny One Notes)  and are always bashing on over 90% of their posts then in my book they are trolls. Anyone whose entire repertoire is to bash Beckett or Tito or Drew or Jake is a likely candidate. Enough said.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Real Red Sox fans know the truth : In regards to those who are so headstrong / obstinate that there is a zero chance of them even reading or trying to see a different point of view then it is unhealthy, futile, and a waste of time and effort to engage in a discussion / debate with them. My criteria for labeling posters as trolls is easy; if they are chronically pessimistic, cynical, and repetitive ( Johnny One Notes)  and are always bashing on over 90% of their posts then in my book they are trolls. Anyone whose entire repertoire is to bash Beckett or Tito or Drew or Jake is a likely candidate. Enough said.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, I think you have gone a bit overboard on the troll-labeling. I'm not sure if you are really sticking to the "bashing over 90%" criteria. Also, it's not just pessimists who have trouble seeing a "different point of view". Very few posters here on all sides of the spectrum are all that open to new ideas, or who might change their position due to a powerful persuasive argument. How many ever admit to a mistake? How often have you changed your position due to some's argument?

I certainly can understand someone thinking Tito or Theo were problems. I happen to think they were part of the problem, but not to the extent as some here do. If I did feel that way, I can see how they might end up having to defend that position incessantly, thus appearing to you like a troll. Look how often I have had to defend Wake & VTek. Some posters who do not know me well enough have called me names and think I never speak badly about any of our players... "pink hatter", "rose colored glasses", etc... Then, on a CC thread, I am accused of being overly harsh. I guess it's all about perspective.