Realistic Yankee Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: Realistic Yankee Thread

In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread:
    Thank you for that dissertation Professor.
    Posted by lowelll

You are too funny Lowell!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

There are seven deadly words you can never say on this site...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Thank you for that dissertation Professor.
    Posted by lowelll

LOL. Yeah, that's me. World's Foremost Authority.

Love it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Beantowne had it right.  There are soooo many threads that should be removed that aren't.  And one that is truly about baseball, and about how the Sox will compete against their ALE rivals, gets deleted?  Huh?

Those of us who were around before this board was changed, and BDC became the de facto gestapo, can remember many threads about the Yanks and comparing Yanks to Sox.  And it led to some lively discussions that could get rude and crude, but I miss those days.  There was much more about baseball, and much less name calling; about who is a troll, who is a pink hat, who is a REAL Sox fan, etc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Beantowne had it right.  There are soooo many threads that should be removed that aren't.  And one that is truly about baseball, and about how the Sox will compete against their ALE rivals, gets deleted?  Huh? Those of us who were around before this board was changed, and BDC became the de facto gestapo, can remember many threads about the Yanks and comparing Yanks to Sox.  And it led to some lively discussions that could get rude and crude, but I miss those days.  There was much more about baseball, and much less name calling; about who is a troll, who is a pink hat, who is a REAL Sox fan, etc.
    Posted by parhunter1

On the money.

There are few Yankee fans who come here to troll, we come to this site because it's a good one and to discuss our rivaly which happens to be the best in all of sports.

Good natured tweaks back and forth can be expected.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : On the money. There are few Yankee fans who come here to troll, we come to this site because it's a good one and to discuss our rivaly which happens to be the best in all of sports. Good natured tweaks back and forth can be expected.
    Posted by ThatWasMe

Can you remember any of the Yankee trolls and list them for the benefit of those who are new here. Which ones crossed the line between "good natured tweaks" and trolling. What do you consider to be over that line? Did forum members cite their displeasure with any of the trolls or did they just look the other way? Did some condone the behavior of the trolls because it was entertaining to watch others get upset and irate over them?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : Can you remember any of the Yankee trolls and list them for the benefit of those who are new here. Which ones crossed the line between "good natured tweaks" and trolling. What do you consider to be over that line? Did forum members cite their displeasure with any of the trolls or did they just look the other way? Did some condone the behavior of the trolls because it was entertaining to watch others get upset and irate over them?
    Posted by lowelll

Easy to answer.

I don't consider any of the professed Yankee fans that post here as "trolls" or any other derogatory named attached by some of the thin skinned that frequent this forum.

A few points to consider:

1) It seems to to me  that if you are confident in the ability of your team to compete with the Yankees then naturally I would expect that you shouldn't be concerned with the presence of a few Yankee fans here. Least of all feel theatenened by their mere posts.

2) Visiting any site or forum on the internet involves mixing with others that might have opposing views to yours that will never change wherever you post. 

3) No wonder some of the more self confident Red Sox fans here couldn't care less how many Yankee fans are here or the reasons that they are.

4) The feeble and weak minded seem to have all the paranoia issues, resort to name calling, with all the "why are you here?" posts. And you know who you are.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : Easy to answer. I don't consider any of the professed Yankee fans that post here as "trolls" or any other derogatory named attached by some of the thin skinned that frequent this forum. A few points to consider: 1) It seems to to me  that if you are confident in the ability of your team to compete with the Yankees then naturally I would expect that you shouldn't be concerned with the presence of a few Yankee fans here. Least of all feel theatenened by their mere posts. 2) Visiting any site or forum on the internet involves mixing with others that might have opposing views to yours that will never change wherever you post.  3) No wonder some of the more self confident Red Sox fans here couldn't care less how many Yankee fans are here or the reasons that they are. 4) The feeble and weak minded seem to have all the paranoia issues, resort to name calling, with all the "why are you here?" posts. And you know who you are.
    Posted by ThatWasMe

I am told that some of the Yankee regulars considered Babe and Mikeyinthebronx to be trolls and were embarassed by them. It is that type that I was alluding to. Are you saying that you never considered Babe or Mikey to be a nuisance who was bent on annoying red Sox fans. Here's a clue, he was banned over a hundred times because of it. What would keep him and those like him from ruining this one thread when he used to ruin hundreds of threads. Moonslav's Realistic thread was somehow off-limits for Babe but how do you know that this thread would also be like that? Would Dottie moderate the thread or would Yankee fans take some responsibility for moderating it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

I am told that some of the Yankee regulars  considered Babe and Mikeyinthebronx to be trolls and were embarassed by them. It is that type that I was alluding to. Are you saying that you never considered Babe or Mikey to be a nuisance who was bent on annoying red Sox fans. Here's a clue, he was banned over a hundred times because of it. What would keep him and those like him from ruining this one thread when he used to ruin hundreds of threads.

Moonslav's Realistic thread was somehow off-limits for Babe but how do you know that this thread would also be like that? When Babe was here, Moonslav and many others would avoid any thread that Babe was on so that meant that Moonslav stayed in his Realistic Thread safe harbor. Would Dottie moderate the thread or would Yankee fans take some responsibility for moderating it? Would it be total anarchy, is that what you desire?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

JesseyEric, Jeter, and NHSteven all considered Babe to be a troll and were ahamed of him posing as a Yankee fan.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

JesseyEric, Jeter, and NHSteven all considered Babe to be a troll and were ahamed of him posing as a Yankee fan.
    Posted by lowelll

Don't know who Babe is, if Jete didn't like him he must have had good reasons not to, I trust his judgement.

But by the same token everyone here is responsible for their own posts let's have some common sense when passing judgement. You find morons in every fan base.

I certainly don't agree with every opinion of every Yankee fan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : Don't know who Babe is, if Jete didn't like him he must have had good reasons not to, I trust his judgement. But by the same token everyone here is responsible for their own posts let's have some common sense when passing judgement. You find morons in every fan base. I certainly don't agree with every opinion of every Yankee fan.
    Posted by ThatWasMe

OK so you've been here for three years and never saw Babe post. You also never saw Mikeyinthebronx post? Talk about rose-colored sunglasses or did you need cataract surgery?

The question posed by Lowell was what does the forum do with morons like Babe and Mikey who ruined the forum and chased many off to other forums? Jesseyeric, Jeter, and NHsteven passed judgement so were they wrong to do so? How do you weed out morons who troll ( pretend, irritate, annoy, waste others time, wreak havoc ). Is there a need for a moderator? Others forums are moderated. Are they wrong?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : OK so you've been here for three years and never saw Babe post. You also never saw Mikeyinthebronx post? Talk about rose-colored sunglasses or did you need cataract surgery? The question posed by Lowell was what does the forum do with morons like Babe and Mikey who ruined the forum and chased many off to other forums? Jesseyeric, Jeter, and NHsteven passed judgement so were they wrong to do so? How do you weed out morons who troll ( pretend, irritate, annoy, waste others time, wreak havoc ). Is there a need for a moderator? Others forums are moderated. Are they wrong?
    Posted by FortMeade

Are you Lowell with a different handle?

I've been on this site and all it's changes since 2003.

For the past 3 or 4 years I would come here periodically and read the threads but actually had moved over to Trufan full time because this site was going through so many different changes for awhile it seemed like they would never get their act together.

I rarely posted but did once in awhile, I saw all the bickering but chose to stay out of it.

I really am not up on the history of all the infighting that seems to go on here none stop.

But I do reserve the right to defend myself and my opinions other than that I'd prefer not to to get involved all the McCoy and Hatfield warfare that goes on here.

I'm here to talk baseball.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Clearly true Red Sox fans, of which Moon is obvious, should be able to discuss our direct competition in the ALE. Removing his post is....well just not right by any perspective. Hmmm. With so many negative posts by say Softy about Tim Wakefield, which the Moderator allows over and over to a level of gagging, but yet Moon's totally baseball and valid analysis being deleted is unacceptable. Sadly, Pike may be right on that this forum is not dying, but dead.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : Are you Lowell with a different handle? I've been on this site and all it's changes since 2003. For the past 3 or 4 years I would come here periodically and read the threads but actually had moved over to Trufan full time because this site was going through so many different changes for awhile it seemed like they would never get their act together. I rarely posted but did once in awhile, I saw all the bickering but chose to stay out of it. I really am not up on the history of all the infighting that seems to go on here none stop. But I do reserve the right to defend myself and my opinions other than that I'd prefer not to to get involved all the McCoy and Hatfield warfare that goes on here. I'm here to talk baseball.
    Posted by ThatWasMe

So you dropped in and saw all of the infighting and made the assumption that it was Red Sox fans arguing amongst themselves and then you went elsewhere. How could you be so sure that it was all genuine Red Sox fans debating each other? You never noticed the Yankee trolls here before leaving? Did you ever have the imagination to suspect trolls who pretended to be Red Sox fans but weren't? The Internet is an open door to all types of pretenders. Never assume that this forum is full of Red Sox fans - that is naive. Many left because of Babe and you never saw him here???????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : So you dropped in and saw all of the infighting and made the assumption that it was Red Sox fans arguing amongst themselves and then you went elsewhere. How could you be so sure that it was all genuine Red Sox fans debating each other? You never noticed the Yankee trolls here before leaving? Did you ever have the imagination to suspect trolls who pretended to be Red Sox fans but weren't? The Internet is an open door to all types of pretenders. Never assume that this forum is full of Red Sox fans - that is naive. Many left because of Babe and you never saw him here???????
    Posted by FortMeade

And what exactly is your point?

Not that I give a damn.

Why would I come here and read a bunch of nonsense bickering back and forth? How stupid would that be?

I would come and seek out posts from sensible baseball people who posted that I knew on threads that I was interested in.

Personally you're not a poster that I would go out of my way to read but I assure you if I did I wouldn't return.

Btw this conversation is over.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

The point is that a new Yankee Realistic thread will be inundated with a mixture of genune Red Sox fans, genuine Yankee fans, pretend fans of both teams, generic trolls, concern trolls, and others bent on bickering, nonsense debating, inflating their egos. role playing, and Babe mimics. The forum and any new " Super Thread" needs to be moderated. It is simple. How the he-ll Moonslav's Realistic Thread needs no moderation is a miracle.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

The point is that a new Yankee Realistic thread will be inundated with a mixture of genune Red Sox fans, genuine Yankee fans, pretend fans of both teams, generic trolls, concern trolls, and others bent on bickering, nonsense debating, inflating their egos. role playing, and Babe mimics. The forum and any new " Super Thread" needs to be moderated. It is simple. How the he-ll Moonslav's Realistic Thread needs no moderation is a miracle.
    Posted by FortMeade

Out of curiosity, where does the Fort Meade name come from?????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Are you Lowell with a different handle? yes TWM lowell, fort meade , utica ...are all pike kind of sick don't u think
    Posted by pinstripezac

And this Lowell has 3 l's at the end...typed in a hurry because Pike knows it's not going to be around for long anyway.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Are you Lowell with a different handle? yes TWM lowell, fort meade , utica ...are all pike kind of sick don't u think
    Posted by pinstripezac

Yeah he uses brilliant interrogation tactics similar to what I got from UC.

Stupid questions to nowhere.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

I have complete admiration for Moonslav. He is a true Red Sox fan on this forum and those are rare indeed. He does tons of research, is intelligent, coherent, and articulate. He is here many hours to support his Red Sox and is passionate and also realistic without being hateful. He is patient with newbies and is tolereant of many more than I am. I do not have those qualities but I envy those who do.

I also admire Joe Breidy who also does his homework and is very intelligent. What is admirable about Joe is that he calls a spade a spade. He has less patience than Moonslav for chronic forum pessimisists and cynics and pretenders. Joe has the lack of patience that I have. I always look for Joe's posts and nearly always agree with them.

I also love posts from Katz, Boomerang, Notin, Rkap, and many others. I am certain that I left many other great posters out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Where is moonslav59, the Dean of the Board, on this issue?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

ThatWasMe does hate to be questioned. Those without answers always feel that way.

Sections
Shortcuts