Realistic Yankee Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Realistic Yankee Thread

the Capt says back to work.....http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120224&content_id=26837156&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

there's nothing wrong with Moon's take on the Yanks, his stat post certainly has merit, sometimes is hard to talk about the Yanks here because in the past any news or opinions posted were met with comments ranging from "who cares"?, to" take that to a Yanks board"...admittedly some of it was in response to boasting by Mikey, greatestnyy and a few others..some may have been during a Sox rough patch while people were already upset, but just the same Yank talk was occasionally beat down or trun to a pizzing contest, i think it's safe to say guys like Jess, Zac,and Steven can handle criticism of our team and occasionally dole it out themselves i know Jess and i have had plenty of discussionss about the teams ills, even being on different sides of the fence on certain things without rancor..speaking only for me i certainly respect people like Moon's, Joe B's, Hammah's, 04's HFX's, Kimmi's, slomag's, burrito's Space;s, Examiner's ,Jbays and others take on the Yanks...imo they are all coming from a place of honest knowledge of the game....  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

It looks like the moderator caught up with TBHSTM / Babe / ThatWasMe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It is difficult at times to have true conversations about baseball, NY/Boston rivalry and expectations going into Spring Training. Too much fluff and not enough stuff. Hope this changes once the season starts.

Yeah, it's a slow point in the season, but a few times I came to this thread, all I read for quite a few posts were "see ya next Wednesday", "how's your brother", "where ya been?" type posts.

Moon - NY has made a multi-year offer to Martin. No $ have been mentioned or years, but he is in this year for 7.5 million. His agent said no and has not gotten back to NY with a counter offer. Do you see Martin's agent trying to play hardball now that Montero has been traded or does he really think Martin will morph back into a .280 hitter? How badly can this backfire on him or NY?

I'm not too high on Martin. (It has nothing to do with him being a Yank.) He's probably better than average, but not worth a huge longterm deal.

2011 OPS (Catchers over 250 PAs)
    13) .737  Salty
    14) .732  Martin
    17) .723  VTek

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread:
    [QUOTE]there's nothing wrong with Moon's take on the Yanks, his stat post certainly has merit, sometimes is hard to talk about the Yanks here because in the past any news or opinions posted were met with comments ranging from "who cares"?, to" take that to a Yanks board"...admittedly some of it was in response to boasting by Mikey, greatestnyy and a few others..some may have been during a Sox rough patch while people were already upset, but just the same Yank talk was occasionally beat down or trun to a pizzing contest, i think it's safe to say guys like Jess, Zac,and Steven can handle criticism of our team and occasionally dole it out themselves i know Jess and i have had plenty of discussionss about the teams ills, even being on different sides of the fence on certain things without rancor..speaking only for me i certainly respect people like Moon's, Joe B's, Hammah's, 04's HFX's, Kimmi's, slomag's, burrito's Space;s, Examiner's ,Jbays and others take on the Yanks...imo they are all coming from a place of honest knowledge of the game....  
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I've always respected the Yanks, and now that I am living near Houston, I the Sox have broken the "curse", and I don't run into obnoxious Yankee fans anymore, the instinct to root as hard against the Yanks as I did for the Sox is no longer present.

I've been mentioning that age might catch up to the Yanks for 2 years now, and it hasn't really happened yet. I'd like to say that I never wish injury on any player, even a Yankee, but I so feel a lot more confident about our team moving towards youth and hopefully towards better health as well. The Yanks have made some moves to improve their future as well, but I see it as more short-term.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMudd. Show Dirt LaMudd's posts

[QUOTE]It is difficult at times to have true conversations about baseball, NY/Boston rivalry and expectations going into Spring Training. Too much fluff and not enough stuff. Hope this changes once the season starts. Yeah, it's a slow point in the season, but a few times I came to this thread, all I read for quite a few posts were "see ya next Wednesday", "how's your brother", "where ya been?" type posts. Moon - NY has made a multi-year offer to Martin. No $ have been mentioned or years, but he is in this year for 7.5 million. His agent said no and has not gotten back to NY with a counter offer. Do you see Martin's agent trying to play hardball now that Montero has been traded or does he really think Martin will morph back into a .280 hitter? How badly can this backfire on him or NY? I'm not too high on Martin. (It has nothing to do with him being a Yank.) He's probably better than average, but not worth a huge longterm deal. 2011 OPS (Catchers over 250 PAs) 13) .737  Salty 14) .732  Martin 17) .723  VTek
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Martin is a bridge to what they have in the farm system and why they were able to trade Montero. Sanchez.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : Could you just sign in to Facebook or something. All your posts are really just to socialize with Yankee fans and have nothing to do with the Sox. It's always been that way. Hi Jessey! Hi Jete! Hi Zac! is pretty much all you say. You obviously know them from another board. It just makes no sense to me why you come to a Sox forum just to talk to the Yankee fans here.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

You're hysterical, who died and left you in charge. If you don't like my posts don't read them.

I skim past your posts because they are not worth reading, please do the same with mine.

I'm going to ignore you now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMudd. Show Dirt LaMudd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : I've always respected the Yanks, and now that I am living near Houston, I the Sox have broken the "curse", and I don't run into obnoxious Yankee fans anymore, the instinct to root as hard against the Yanks as I did for the Sox is no longer present. I've been mentioning that age might catch up to the Yanks for 2 years now, and it hasn't really happened yet. I'd like to say that I never wish injury on any player, even a Yankee, but I so feel a lot more confident about our team moving towards youth and hopefully towards better health as well. The Yanks have made some moves to improve their future as well, but I see it as more short-term.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

The Yankee farm system is deeper than it has been for over 40 years.

The upper levels have a glut of pitching the lower levels some great outfield prospects in Mason Williams and Ravel Santana.

If you think the Yankees are going to grow old and fade away think again.

The rotation next season should more cost controlled allowing them to hit the FA market for other needs.

2013: CC, Nova, Pineda, Banuelos, possibly Hughes, possibly Betances, but Cain and Hamels will be on the market next season if Pineda/Nova falter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : Did you have too much coffee this morning Kim? And talk about being abusive - calling me an AH ? Yeah, that's down right civil of you. And exactly what did I say to deserve such a response. I gave Moon my opinion and answer to his question and I had a laugh over the blinking eye and referred to the Paul McCartney death conspiracy of 1969. If you cannot find that funny, then I do feel sorry for you. And forgive me as this is just a guess, but I will assume you reported the picture of Minka as abusive and had it removed. Okay - that one I will kind of give you. A woman that beautiful might intimidate those women who are not confident in themselves. And picking on 67 what the h3ll is that about. She reports a nice thing about her family, we all congrat her and you want to crucify her for being a traitor. I really have tried to be respectful to you this offseason. Sticking up for you when I felt you were being unfairly treated and attempting to engage you in civil discourse about baseball. I also tried to have fun with you and your conspiracy theories. Obviously you want none of that, especially talking about baseball. As for me, I am done. Stay out of my way and I will stay out of yours. You moaned that I once told you to S__U once, even though you had been ranting on & deserved it and now you want to call me an AH. Talk about being hypocritical.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the kind words.  Jete and I started posting here in 06, you started in 07 and she started in 10 but she acts like she owns the board LOL.  She believes we all met on another board, shows what she knows!

I've learned to ignore people I don't like so she is now on my list. 

I, like you, want the season to start so we can talk baseball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Is DirtLaMudd a reincarnation of GickChum or GreenAppleSplatters. Why be so obvious on telegraphing your intentions? How about just having a moniker such as Troll#5? Are you the new Babe / ThisWasMe? Your act here is old , boring, and predictable. Give it a rest, put it into mothballs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMudd. Show Dirt LaMudd's posts

[QUOTE]Is DirtLaMudd a reincarnation of GickChum or GreenAppleSplatters. Why be so obvious on telegraphing your intentions? How about just having a moniker such as Troll#5? Are you the new Babe / ThisWasMe? Your act here is old , boring, and predictable. Give it a rest, put it into mothballs.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

Why don't you knock off the personal attack and address the issues you have with my last post.

More than likely don't have the skill or knowledge to do so.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt LaMudd. Show Dirt LaMudd's posts

No answer, no surprise there.

In reading his posts, He is not about exchanging ideas and opinions more like into quelling those that he disagrees with.

They complain about no one answering Moonslav, then when you do answer Moonslav they complain about the answers you give.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]Is DirtLaMudd a reincarnation of GickChum or GreenAppleSplatters. Why be so obvious on telegraphing your intentions? How about just having a moniker such as Troll#5? Are you the new Babe / ThisWasMe? Your act here is old , boring, and predictable. Give it a rest, put it into mothballs.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

Troll#5?  ROFL~!  Awesome

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I think the Yanquis pitching staff looks pretty good this year. Almost up to Tampa Bay's level. Their position players are aging in the infield IMO. Their outfield looks decent, and their bullpen seems to hinge on Mo, as it seems to have done for a lot of my life. If Mo shows any signs of being human this year, the Yanks could be had. Any way it pans out the AL East will bw a dogfight  again this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Its amazing they went from seemingly being old and inconsistent to be a young and promising staff, of course anchored by CC.

CC has lost weight and easily can win 20 games, he is 31.
    Nova was good in 2011, 25 years old.
    Phil Hughes may or may not turn it around, 25 years old.
    Pineda has 200 k potential and is only 22 years old
    Kuroda is 36.

This is not a bad staff.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Don't get me wrong, I think the Red Sox staff looks pretty good too, especially if Bard can step up into a spot in the rotation. Then we have some filli ns in the 5th spot until hopefully Dice comes back strong in June. The division is going to tough though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I'd say our staff has high potential for success matched by an equal potential for being abysmal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I'd say our staff has high potential for success matched by an equal potential for being abysmal.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]That's probably an accurate assessment.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

A potential problem with the rotation is obviously not only how Bard adjusts, but the fact that he won't be able to sustain the same velocity over five to seven innings than he did as a set-up man for Papelbon.  Bucholtz, Beckett and Lester should all be solid, but it is those fourth and fifth holes in the rotation which could realy hurt the Red Sox.  I also think that the loss of Scutaro will hurt more than most of the Red Sox fans here are saying.  I fear that Aviles will make the below-average defensive skills of Scutaro look like he was the Second Coming of Ozzie Smith, but no one ever realized it...If Bard makes the cut as a starter and Aviles' defense is adequate at short, than the Bosox should compete.  But if neither pan out, the Red Sox, barring the acquisition of another decent starter early enough in the campaign, will not get a Wild Card spot in 2012.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Why aren't posters talking Red Sox in Moonslav's Realistic thread?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]     A potential problem with the rotation is obviously not only how Bard adjusts, but the fact that he won't be able to sustain the same velocity over five to seven innings than he did as a set-up man for Papelbon.  Bucholtz, Beckett and Lester should all be solid, but it is those fourth and fifth holes in the rotation which could realy hurt the Red Sox.  I also think that the loss of Scutaro will hurt more than most of the Red Sox fans here are saying.  I fear that Aviles will make the below-average defensive skills of Scutaro look like he was the Second Coming of Ozzie Smith, but no one ever realized it...If Bard makes the cut as a starter and Aviles' defense is adequate at short, than the Bosox should compete.  But if neither pan out, the Red Sox, barring the acquisition of another decent starter early enough in the campaign, will not get a Wild Card spot in 2012.
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]

The 4th and 5th spots of the rotation could indeed really hurt the Red Sox.  We can't know for sure how Bard will perform as a starter, or how any of the other guys will do.  However, my feeling is that whoever is in those spots have a very good chance of being better than what we had in those spots last year. The return of Buchholz is huge, IMO, and health as always will be the key. I think the Sox have enough pitching pieces to contend. That said, I still would have liked to see another solid #4 added.

As far as Aviles goes, I'm not sure where you're getting that Aviles' defense is so much worse than Scutaro's.

Perhaps you meant to say, "Jeter makes the below-average defensive skills of Scutaro look like the Second Coming of Ozzie Smith"? ;-)

At any rate, I give the Yankees the edge for the division, but don't be so quick to count out the good guys!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bucky Dent. Show Bucky Dent's posts

[QUOTE]Don't get me wrong, I think the Red Sox staff looks pretty good too, especially if Bard can step up into a spot in the rotation. Then we have some filli ns in the 5th spot until hopefully Dice comes back strong in June. The division is going to tough though.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Do you ghost write for Eric Ortiz?  Seems eerily similar.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

This thread's been hijacked, by, of all things, baseball talk.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]This thread's been hijacked, by, of all things, baseball talk.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Certainly can't have that here - save it for later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bM0wVjU2-k