Realistic Yankee Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Realistic Yankee Thread

In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : I've always respected the Yanks, and now that I am living near Houston, I the Sox have broken the "curse", and I don't run into obnoxious Yankee fans anymore, the instinct to root as hard against the Yanks as I did for the Sox is no longer present. I've been mentioning that age might catch up to the Yanks for 2 years now, and it hasn't really happened yet. I'd like to say that I never wish injury on any player, even a Yankee, but I so feel a lot more confident about our team moving towards youth and hopefully towards better health as well. The Yanks have made some moves to improve their future as well, but I see it as more short-term.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE] i hear ya Moon, though it may not be said there are indeed Yank fans who have concerns on age at our critical postions, they have strived to be younger though it hasn't totally come to pass..i certainly expect decline among the guys, but i also expect that being reasonably healthy,  they(Jetes, Mo, Alex) will perform well, but that aside, for ME the team's fortunes will continue to be around the pitching.. among the starters, CC, Kuroda and Garcia at the moment are the "experience" with Nova, Hughes(to a degree) and Pineda  being the youth...even with age issues i expect the offense to still be among the AL's tops....i also see the pen as a looming issue...i think Mo will still be his usual dependable self along with DRob, i'm hoping for a real rebound from Joba...as a whole they are ok there...IRT Kim's thread title, the REALITY is that the Yanks won't have it easy, no matter how much we debate, no matter who the Yanks add, the Sox and Rays are not going to roll over...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : i hear ya Moon, though it may not be said there are indeed Yank fans who have concerns on age at our critical postions, they have strived to be younger though it hasn't totally come to pass..i certainly expect decline among the guys, but i also expect that being reasonably healthy,  they(Jetes, Mo, Alex) will perform well, but that aside, for ME the team's fortunes will continue to be around the pitching.. among the starters, CC, Kuroda and Garcia at the moment are the "experience" with Nova, Hughes(to a degree) and Pineda  being the youth...even with age issues i expect the offense to still be among the AL's tops....i also see the pen as a looming issue...i think Mo will still be his usual dependable self along with DRob, i'm hoping for a real rebound from Joba...as a whole they are ok there...IRT Kim's thread title, the REALITY is that the Yanks won't have it easy, no matter how much we debate, no matter who the Yanks add, the Sox and Rays are not going to roll over...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the thoughful reply. You make a lot of good points. 

I didn't mean to imply that the Yanks have no longterm prospects: they do. They have more young promising pitchers than us. They will be contenders for many years to come, even after Mo, Jete and ARod are long gone (or playing like average players).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : i hear ya Moon, though it may not be said there are indeed Yank fans who have concerns on age at our critical postions, they have strived to be younger though it hasn't totally come to pass..i certainly expect decline among the guys, but i also expect that being reasonably healthy,  they(Jetes, Mo, Alex) will perform well, but that aside, for ME the team's fortunes will continue to be around the pitching.. among the starters, CC, Kuroda and Garcia at the moment are the "experience" with Nova, Hughes(to a degree) and Pineda  being the youth...even with age issues i expect the offense to still be among the AL's tops....i also see the pen as a looming issue...i think Mo will still be his usual dependable self along with DRob, i'm hoping for a real rebound from Joba...as a whole they are ok there...IRT Kim's thread title, the REALITY is that the Yanks won't have it easy, no matter how much we debate, no matter who the Yanks add, the Sox and Rays are not going to roll over...

Hey Jete,

The Yankees and Sox have had more different "than like" philosophies over the years.  The Sox "like many clubs" years ago needed to concentrate more on spending less, while grooming/hoping our youngsters would eventually earn a spot on the big club which we still do today.  I'm not knocking the Yanks for having the financial freedom, or trying to say they haven't grown their own young talent with guys like Jeter, Posada, Mo, Cano and Gardner, just not as many as we have that has helped our present clubs stay competitive. 

I'm also not suggesting you need to "out spend" others to win a WC, as teams like Arizona, the Marlins, Angels and Giants have proven with a lower payroll and strong chemistry.  The fact is, NY used to be the team everyone wanted to play for.  Both our clubs will always be in the mix but It's a more balanced playing field these days.  

This has made the game more enjoyable for all fans in the past decade. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : The 4th and 5th spots of the rotation could indeed really hurt the Red Sox.  We can't know for sure how Bard will perform as a starter, or how any of the other guys will do.  However, my feeling is that whoever is in those spots have a very good chance of being better than what we had in those spots last year. The return of Buchholz is huge, IMO, and health as always will be the key. I think the Sox have enough pitching pieces to contend. That said, I still would have liked to see another solid #4 added. As far as Aviles goes, I'm not sure where you're getting that Aviles' defense is so much worse than Scutaro's. Perhaps you meant to say, "Jeter makes the below-average defensive skills of Scutaro look like the Second Coming of Ozzie Smith"? ;-) At any rate, I give the Yankees the edge for the division, but don't be so quick to count out the good guys!
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

To be honest, Kimmi, it is not like I have been watching You Tube mixtapes of Aviles' past play at short.  I am just basing it on a number of baseball pundits, including a few Red Sox writers, who have said as much.  Of course, they might be wrong, but if Aviles' range and defensive prowess is a real downgrade even from Scutaro, then we might be seeing the weak-hitting Iglesias sooner than later....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Realistic Yankee Thread:
    [QUOTE]Moon has been a respected poster here for years. As far as I can tell, he has never bashed the Yankees in his threads for fun. He is also the author of a series of "Tampa Bay not going away" threads, much to my disappointment. Not that he puts them up, but because when he puts them up, I know we're going to have a problem with them. His Yank Tank thread was well-researched, and as per usual Moon, also included statistics to back up what he was posting. My opinion is there is no way that thread should have been removed as everything to do with the Yankees has to do with the Sox being in the same division. Again, his Rays threads have always remained as well. Do you believe his realistic thread on the Yankees possibly tanking this season should have been removed on a Sox forum? I'm not putting this up as a poll because that's anonymous voting, and you never know where the votes are coming from when you do that.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

I think moon has a point but the way I look at our two clubs moving forward is this, especially with the new rules in place.  The Yankees have guys like Cano and Gardner but very few other "youngsters" like Nova who contribute a great deal to their present success.  The Yankees hopes remain greatly on guys like CC, ARod, Jeter, MO and Texeira who could continue to tie up a great deal of their cash.    

We may be a bit more fortunate, even with sketchy signings like Jenks, Lackey and CC.  The bright side for us is youth and some flexability.  T
    here is an above average possibility that 7 of our 9 positional players and two starting pitchers could be “home grown” in the next season or two.

Jacoby CF
    Pedroia 2B
    Youk DH
    Kalish RF
    Lavarnway C
    Iggy SS
    Middlebrooks 3B
    Lester
    Buchholz

This says a lot for our past and present player development, as well as future spending needs.  With the possible loss of David, Dice K and Jenks next season it also gives us a bit of wiggle room to sign Jacoby long term.  This could leave Youk as our oldest positional starter, or another trade chip to free up cash.  Moving Lackey at a discounted rate like the Yanks did with AJ is also a possibility if he returns and pitches fairly well.    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Last year, the Sox had Wake in their regular rotation (due to injury), VTek as the second most used back-up catcher in MLB, and Scutaro as the FT SS. These guys weren't "key players", but they played a lot. They also started the season counting on Drew and Cam to play major roles as well. These guys are all gone now. Papi is really the only old guy we are counting on to play a meaningful role this year. And, if he falters, the DH position is probably the easiest role to fill mid-season. Guys like Youk are aging quickly and having health issues, but compared to the Yanks, we have gotten much younger from 2011 to 2012. That was the point I originally was trying to make.

The Yanks still count on Mo, Jete and ARod a lot. They added Kuroda. They still have lesser role players that are aged. Yes, they have some fine young players and some fine promising prospects, but for this year, they are depending on some players who are way past the normal prime years. They may all show no decline this year. They may stay healthy all year long. I wouldn't bet on it though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

ARod is a 30/100 guy in 2012, and he will be considered less fearful to pitchers... he has now entered his decline.

Jeter will decline some but still watch him get key hits always when they need it most.

Tex has shown up with a lighter frame, I can't imagine he will perform poorly especially with ARod behind him.

Cano is awesome and will remain awesome.

Gardner and Granderson are the deciding factors on wether the Yanks are in the top 3 for offense this year.

Unlike years past it is the Yankees pitching that concerns me more than hitting, I do not see them having an equal or better offense than Boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Players 34 and older in 202:

Yanks:
    Rivera   42
    Ibanez  39-40
    Jeter      37-38
    Kuroda  37
    ARod      36-37
    Garcia   35
    Jones    34-35

Sox:
    Papi      36
    Punto   34

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : Did you have too much coffee this morning Kim? And talk about being abusive - calling me an AH ? Yeah, that's down right civil of you. And exactly what did I say to deserve such a response. I gave Moon my opinion and answer to his question and I had a laugh over the blinking eye and referred to the Paul McCartney death conspiracy of 1969. If you cannot find that funny, then I do feel sorry for you. And forgive me as this is just a guess, but I will assume you reported the picture of Minka as abusive and had it removed. Okay - that one I will kind of give you. A woman that beautiful might intimidate those women who are not confident in themselves. And picking on 67 what the h3ll is that about. She reports a nice thing about her family, we all congrat her and you want to crucify her for being a traitor. I really have tried to be respectful to you this offseason. Sticking up for you when I felt you were being unfairly treated and attempting to engage you in civil discourse about baseball. I also tried to have fun with you and your conspiracy theories. Obviously you want none of that, especially talking about baseball. As for me, I am done. Stay out of my way and I will stay out of yours. You moaned that I once told you to S__U once, even though you had been ranting on & deserved it and now you want to call me an AH. Talk about being hypocritical.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Here's some advice. Don't try to portray what I've said as being off-the-wall, and go on about winking icons. I didn't find your "winking" comments funny. I think you meant them to be funny to your fanbase. I don't have a lot of patience for that. FTR emoticons are there for a reason. If cry-bay is going to tell Mikey to inquire as to being reinstated to his original screenname and post count by saying Zac was able to do the same thing, with a winking icon after it, that does have meaning. Do you think he was just winking because he was attracted to him?

As for Minka, I'm not one of those females who go after other females for being attractive. As a matter of fact, I find them abusive as well. So there's no way I had her picture removed. Although, I don't think that belongs on a Sox forum. Yankee fans can put up their posts about the Sox, negative or not, and, as this thread shows, they just have a serious problem with talking about their own team in any realistic way. And FTR, you, or your RS fan sharpshooter who doesn't realize he's being used, removed MY post to you.

As for going our separate ways, I think that was decided when you fell back into the Babe lovefest.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : Now this is funny - 2619 posts and maybe 19 of them have been about the Red Sox.

Is that so? Well, if we count all your music posts on the music forum, and on this forum, I think we would probably whittle your number from 11,556 to 56. How do you like them apples?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]It's just weird that anyone could be this obsessed about the Yankee fans here. Most of the Yankee fans here are here to talk baseball and they have some realistic views on the Red Sox.  Sometimes they show a little 'homerism' in their views on the Yankees which is understandable.  I think most Sox fans here enjoy having some back-and-forth with the Yankee fans like they would if they were in a bar.  It helps that we actually have some ammo now after 2004 and 2007. As for Babe, he is kind of the extreme of being a Yankee fan who loves to come here to take digs at us with stuff like 'Red Flops'.  But he's also here for some baseball talk.  I have some back-and-forths with him.  I take shots, he takes shots.  Once again it's much like it would be if you were watching a game at a bar with Sox and Yankee fans. I have only visited 3 other Sox forums-Sawxheads, Talksox and the new one SaneTrueFansUnited, but they all have Yankee fans as part of the mix.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about all Yankee fans being here just to discuss baseball? Even suggesting that's Babe's reason for being here when he, himself, admitted it was to annoy Sox fans because they invade his town during spring training? Troll Mikey? Man of multiple screennames to attack the Sox and their fans, that seems to get no attention from you and your friends? Only Sox fans seem to get accused of that, even though he admits it. Unbelievable. Troll Zac? "I just cut and paste whatever is being discussed in order to come here to police the board?" And btw saying homerism is expected from them is hilarious since they don't allow that for Sox fans here. You have heard of them telling Sox fans they're here to make sure we "keep it real", right?

Sawxheads was turned into a dual board by your "friends". My guess is your new one SaneTrueFansUnited (The S T F U board, I guess) is as classy as your friends, and just more advertising by you so they can collect Sox fans' personal information there. I have to tell you, you say you're from Canada, I'm trying to figure out why you keep leading Sox fans to places they would be compromized. I've had numerous conversations with Canadians about music. They were really great people -- true rock fans as well. The Hurricane is one of my favorite movies. If it wasn't for the Canadians, that man would probably still be in prison. Just beautiful people to have done that. They gave us Michael J. Fox, Jim Carrey, Pam Anderson, Mike Myers, Neil Young, etc., etc. etc. While you can't judge any one country by certain individuals, I've never heard a bad thing about anyone there. I just don't get you, but I guess that's just my point. You can't judge any place on earth by just the individuals you know from there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]It is difficult at times to have true conversations about baseball, NY/Boston rivalry and expectations going into Spring Training. Too much fluff and not enough stuff. Hope this changes once the season starts. Yeah, it's a slow point in the season, but a few times I came to this thread, all I read for quite a few posts were "see ya next Wednesday", "how's your brother", "where ya been?" type posts. Moon - NY has made a multi-year offer to Martin. No $ have been mentioned or years, but he is in this year for 7.5 million. His agent said no and has not gotten back to NY with a counter offer. Do you see Martin's agent trying to play hardball now that Montero has been traded or does he really think Martin will morph back into a .280 hitter? How badly can this backfire on him or NY? I'm not too high on Martin. (It has nothing to do with him being a Yank.) He's probably better than average, but not worth a huge longterm deal. 2011 OPS (Catchers over 250 PAs) 13) .737  Salty 14) .732  Martin 17) .723  VTek
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Yes, I kinda figured that for this thread, Moon. The thread you created would have just forced them to stick to the stript, since you had all your information in the first post. I actually didn't envision this as being the Realistic thread. Just an avenue for one to be created.

They can keep coming at me here, but on your thread there wouldn't have been that excuse. Probably why they wanted it removed. JMO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Realistic Yankee Thread : I think moon has a point but the way I look at our two clubs moving forward is this, especially with the new rules in place.  The Yankees have guys like Cano and Gardner but very few other "youngsters" like Nova who contribute a great deal to their present success.  The Yankees hopes remain greatly on guys like CC, ARod, Jeter, MO and Texeira who could continue to tie up a great deal of their cash.     We may be a bit more fortunate, even with sketchy signings like Jenks, Lackey and CC.  The bright side for us is youth and some flexability.  T here is an above average possibility that 7 of our 9 positional players and two starting pitchers could be “home grown” in the next season or two. Jacoby CF Pedroia 2B Youk DH Kalish RF Lavarnway C Iggy SS Middlebrooks 3B Lester Buchholz   This says a lot for our past and present player development, as well as future spending needs.  With the possible loss of David, Dice K and Jenks next season it also gives us a bit of wiggle room to sign Jacoby long term.  This could leave Youk as our oldest positional starter, or another trade chip to free up cash.  Moving Lackey at a discounted rate like the Yanks did with AJ is also a possibility if he returns and pitches fairly well.    
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your post Craze. It's aways good to hear an opinion about the Sox vs. the Yanks since they are our biggest competitor. I know I'm in the minority, but I believe this team is just fine. Last year was last year. There are a lot of positives about this team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]ARod is a 30/100 guy in 2012, and he will be considered less fearful to pitchers... he has now entered his decline. Jeter will decline some but still watch him get key hits always when they need it most. Tex has shown up with a lighter frame, I can't imagine he will perform poorly especially with ARod behind him. Cano is awesome and will remain awesome. Gardner and Granderson are the deciding factors on wether the Yanks are in the top 3 for offense this year. Unlike years past it is the Yankees pitching that concerns me more than hitting, I do not see them having an equal or better offense than Boston.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE] i think the difference is when they are playing everyone else.. when the Yanks and Sox play each other is where you see the mirror image, from about 2004 on you could see the likeness...to me they both bring out the brilliance and occasional ineptness in each other...both of their offenses have gained holes through the seasons but are still formidable, both pitching staffs have had setbacks...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : Are you talking about all Yankee fans being here just to discuss baseball? Even suggesting that's Babe's reason for being here when he, himself, admitted it was to annoy Sox fans because they invade his town during spring training? Troll Mikey? Man of multiple screennames to attack the Sox and their fans, that seems to get no attention from you and your friends? Only Sox fans seem to get accused of that, even though he admits it. Unbelievable. Troll Zac? "I just cut and paste whatever is being discussed in order to come here to police the board?" And btw saying homerism is expected from them is hilarious since they don't allow that for Sox fans here. You have heard of them telling Sox fans they're here to make sure we "keep it real", right? Sawxheads was turned into a dual board by your "friends". My guess is your new one SaneTrueFansUnited (The S T F U board, I guess) is as classy as your friends, and just more advertising by you so they can collect Sox fans' personal information there. I have to tell you, you say you're from Canada, I'm trying to figure out why you keep leading Sox fans to places they would be compromized. I've had numerous conversations with Canadians about music. They were really great people -- true rock fans as well. The Hurricane is one of my favorite movies. If it wasn't for the Canadians, that man would probably still be in prison. Just beautiful people to have done that. They gave us Michael J. Fox, Jim Carrey, Pam Anderson, Mike Myers, Neil Young, etc., etc. etc. While you can't judge any one country by certain individuals, I've never heard a bad thing about anyone there. I just don't get you, but I guess that's just my point. You can't judge any place on earth by just the individuals you know from there.

LOL I don't get you either, trust me.  Why anyone would want to spend this much time obsessing about Yankee fans and other message boards is way beyond me.  But you carry on with it, it's obviously something you need to do.  And it is somewhat entertaining to read. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : That's probably an accurate assessment.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

posted at 2/26/2012 1:30 AM EST
    First: 5/26/2008
    Last: 2/27/2012
    I'd say our staff has high potential for success matched by an equal potential for being abysmal.
    Posted by BurritoT
    That's probably an accurate assessment.
    We'll never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest

Carnie, Enquirer, and AlibiIke seem to have a fetish with Entrails, Disembowelment, and eviscerated. Strange.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : Is that so? Well, if we count all your music posts on the music forum, and on this forum, I think we would probably whittle your number from 11,556 to 56. How do you like them apples?

Blah, blah blah KST. I write more about baseball in a day than you do in a year . Maybe you should read back on this thread alone and you will see that I responded to Moon's question immediately. And the intial thread was commented on as well. And don't think for a moment that we all come after you. When you mouth off, then people fire back. Otherwise, no one would care. Talk real baseball and then we can have a civil conversation.

And if you want to believe that emoticons are a source of sending signals to each other, then fine. I think it is a waste of time, but whatever gets you through the night.

FTR - when did I jump on the Babe band wagon? He and I disagree on just about everything and have battled long before you ever got here. He asked me one question when he returned last week which I responded to. His question was not disrespectful and I had no reason to treat it as such. I don't hold grudges. Have not had one conversation since with him.

And FTR, you, or your RS fan sharpshooter who doesn't realize he's being used, removed MY post to you. (KST)

What does this even mean? And don't forget, it was a private company that removed Moon's original thread - not once of us.

The truth is that Jete, Steven, myself, etc. have no problems examining the Yankee shortfalls. I know Jete and I have discussed them every year since we both started posting here,

Keep up your show, it is entertaining. That's why I love you. Interesting how you avoided the subject of calling me an A.H. here, then deflecting it elsewhere, but want to call others abusive.

Apples are very good for the digestive system, but I always suggest peeling the skin first. Tongue out

Hidden message or not - you decide.

Final thoughts on the Yankees as they enter S.T. - anything and everything is possible. Perhaps age does finally catch up to Jeter and Mo. Big dope A-Rod could very well fall on his face again this year and Pineda may turn out to be a very tall, 2 pitch nothing. If he doesn't get that change-up down, then he will have some issues. Hopefully Cashman will take time out from his personal daliances and resume his role as a G.M.

As is the case every year in the AL East since the beginning of this century, NY and Boston will do battle; with Tampa hoping that one of them will fall off and they can pick up the scraps as they did last year. But if everything were to remain equal, Tampa is a 3rd place team behind Sawx/Yanks in the division.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Babe and ThatWasMe got banned. J-Bay, Spaceman, and Hammer are furious and are looking into it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Babe and ThatWasMe got banned. J-Bay, Spaceman, and Hammer are furious and are looking into it.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]highly unlikely

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : highly unlikely
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]"highly unlikely"

LOL.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : highly unlikely

You didn't see their "Welcome back" comments to Babe on the morning that he reappeared after a four month absence? It read to me like they exchange Christmas cards.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : You didn't see their "Welcome back" comments to Babe on the morning that he reappeared after a four month absence? It read to me like they exchange Christmas cards.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

Some folks have a higher "obnoxious" tolerance. Nothing to lose sleep over.

I don't think you're going to get everyone here to feel the same way about some posters as you do.

It's like trying to get everyone to hate broccoli. Some poor souls actually like that stuff!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : Some folks have a higher "obnoxious" tolerance. Nothing to lose sleep over. I don't think you're going to get everyone here to feel the same way about some posters as you do. It's like trying to get everyone to hate broccoli. Some poor souls actually like that stuff!
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

Whoever that group is, I am with them.

Down with Broccoli!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Down with garlick flavored fried Beckett with Georom sauce at every single meal.

Boring is Big Papi Chowder with Jackbu thick cream at every meal.

Tiring is stir fried Jake and Jed Shrimp marinated in Softlaw wine at every meal.

There is a diffence between venting on occasion vs. being Old Faithful every two hours.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : Whoever that group is, I am with them. Down with Broccoli!

I am getting really tired of this broccoli witchhunt.  Have you even bothered to look up any of broccoli's stats?  Its vitamin A, K and C numbers alone should be enough to get it in your starting food lineup.  But if you needs peripherals, go check its manganese and potassium levels and come back to me.  You pink hat veggie haters always talk about taste, lack of junky goodness, or some other nonsense that has nothing to do with performance.  You think broccoli's taste exists in a vacuum and never consider that it is part of team.  Have you never turned a broccoli - ranch dressing double play?  Gimme a break.  Troll.