Realistic Yankee Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Realistic Yankee Thread

In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : Spaceace - would you aid the enemy in this case?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Lets just say, my faithfulness to Spacegal is the only thing that would keep me from breaking my faithfulness to the Sox.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : Proud of you SpaceAce. I expected nothing less from you. Time for a gratuitious ohoto.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

This pic makes me want to send her a gift basket with some fruit and my personal memorabilia.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : This pic makes me want to send her a gift basket with some fruit and my personal memorabilia.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

TMFI

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Still waiting for the guy who likes to refer to himself as "the babe" to enlighten us with some good writing on his favorite team.... two years already and nothing other than smart-azz remarks about my favorite team the Red Sox.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : You have serious reading comprehension issues. I never said Mo and Wake were equal in any way. I only said that Mo defied the age curve projections. To say that Wake did not defy the odds associated with decline, shows you know absolutely nothing about Wake. Wake's worst 4-5 years of his career were the typical prime years for pitchers (age 29-32 or 33). His best 50 consecutive game's started stretch was at ages 41-41. Anybody else you know who has his best season and a half at those ages? He made the allstar team one time: at age 42-43. He was 5th in WHIP in the AL at age 41-42. In seasons with over 100 IP, his best 2 ERA seasons were at ages: 28-29 35-36 His next best: 34-35 36-37 41-42 38-39 His best ERA+ (100+ IP) 28-29  165 34-35  162 34-35  116 36-37  114 41-42  112 His best WHIP seasons: 28-29 (195 IP) 41-42 (181) 35-36 (163) 38-39 (225 IP) 36-37 39-40 Mo's best WHIP: 38 40 29 35 41 31 39 Both defied traditional aging curves eventhough Mo's was always much higher 9better) than Wake's.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Knukleballers are a different breed when it comes to aging, since the pitch velocity is usually in the high 60s. Look at Wilhelm & Niekro, who both pitched until the age of 48. You should know this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Knukleballers are a different breed when it comes to aging, since the pitch velocity is usually in the high 60s. Look at Wilhelm & Niekro, who both pitched until the age of 48. You should know this.

I do. 

I have been using their late successes to argue for Wake's continued services for years. I never said wake's age curve surprised me, but only said he defied the "normal age/performance curve" ...as has Mo. 

(Yes, Mo is way better than Wake, but both did not do better in their normal prime years, but instead had great years past prime and way past prime. That is where the similarity ends)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Knukleballers are a different breed when it comes to aging, since the pitch velocity is usually in the high 60s. Look at Wilhelm & Niekro, who both pitched until the age of 48. You should know this. I do.  I have been using their late successes to argue for Wake's continued services for years. I never said wake's age curve surprised me, but only said he defied the "normal age/performance curve" ...as has Mo.  (Yes, Mo is way better than Wake, but both did not do better in their normal prime years, but instead had great years past prime and way past prime. That is where the similarity ends)

OK. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread :  sharing that banned screen name a banned screen name is key to anonymous bumping some do it by accident   some as away of sulking after getting owned I just didn't think it was common knowledge of course pike with his 2,000 banned screen names would know, I just didn't think some one who supposedly has had only 1 acct would know
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

And since you have a reading comprehension problem and I don't, you would think that. Anyone else would realize how long bumping threads, and banned accounts have been discussed on this board. Dottie was the person who, when I found out about the banned accounts being able to still log in, but not be seen, I discussed this with. So, nice try, yet again.

Your posts constantly trying to portray me as Pike are and have always been abusive. The fact that your account was restored after being banned numerous times for abuse on this board is also, in a word, abusive to Sox fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : It's amazing the things kst knows, kst even remembers HeadofTed...
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

You're like a broken record. You keep playing but you make no sense. When did YOU first see HeadofTed?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : To be fair, I read this site regularly for about 8 months, before I joined. So, while unlikely, it's not impossible.
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

I appreciate your post. But, to be honest, I didn't read the board before I got here. If I did, it may have been for an extremely short amount of time. I don't really remember exactly.

I came here to talk about the Sox, so it's unlikely I just read the board for awhile before I posted. Personally, I can't imagine shutting my mouth that long. lol But, again, thank you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : Kim, I really don't think there's a Yankee conspiracy on this site. It appears to be some bad decisions on a site attempting to be neutral, and probably not being very good at it. If you put aside your Yankee emotions for a moment, you may agree.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

There's just too much abuse that is OK here against the Sox fans. I don't believe other boards support the rival teams' fans abusing the home team's fans. Sox fans can get hammered here if they say anything the Yankee fans disagree with, while Yankee fans and trolls just march on. You went after a Sox fan for being too positive, and I questioned your post, and my post was removed. I know I blamed you because you were the one I was talking to, but I no longer believe that. There is definitely someone who is set on taking Sox fans down. It could just be a rogue mod, or a poster here who has a bat phone to BDC. I mean Yankee fans have been reinstated. Unheard of on any forum. I just don't know.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : zac, jessey and jete are good guys, give them a break.  Try to get to know them, you might actually start to like them and you may even forget they wear the terrible NY on their hats. Sorry guys, you know I luv ya!
    Posted by 67redsox[/QUOTE]

Could you just sign in to Facebook or something. All your posts are really just to socialize with Yankee fans and have nothing to do with the Sox. It's always been that way. Hi Jessey! Hi Jete! Hi Zac! is pretty much all you say. You obviously know them from another board. It just makes no sense to me why you come to a Sox forum just to talk to the Yankee fans here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]No disrespect intended here. I am one who welcomes respectful Yankee fans on this site, but it seems a lot of Yankee threads morph into exchanges of platitudes and patting each others back. Can we get back to baseball? I know there's not much going on now, but here's a couple Yankee baseball questions: 1) Out of about 650 PAs by the Yankee DH this year, how many does Ibanez get? Andrew Jones? ARod? Jeter? others? Give me your opinions. 2) Who is the odd man out in their 5 man rotation? Garcia, Hughes, or Pineda? (Side Q: would Garcia make a good LR man?) Tahwwk amongst yourselves.   

Moon, I don't think they want to have a realistic discussion about the Yankees. All their threads morph into this because this is not their board, and they don't really care. Also, the last thing they want is to have to keep it real for their own team. Some of it I believe is intentional.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : That is truly invaluable insight; did you get kicked off Yankee forums for being so knowledgeable?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

LOL. That's refreshing and hilarious.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Still waiting for the guy who likes to refer to himself as "the babe" to enlighten us with some good writing on his favorite team.... two years already and nothing other than smart-azz remarks about my favorite team the Red Sox.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

+1 Careful, you may wind up as my favorite poster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : You have serious reading comprehension issues. I never said Mo and Wake were equal in any way. I only said that Mo defied the age curve projections. To say that Wake did not defy the odds associated with decline, shows you know absolutely nothing about Wake. Wake's worst 4-5 years of his career were the typical prime years for pitchers (age 29-32 or 33). His best 50 consecutive game's started stretch was at ages 41-41. Anybody else you know who has his best season and a half at those ages? He made the allstar team one time: at age 42-43. He was 5th in WHIP in the AL at age 41-42. In seasons with over 100 IP, his best 2 ERA seasons were at ages: 28-29 35-36 His next best: 34-35 36-37 41-42 38-39 His best ERA+ (100+ IP) 28-29  165 34-35  162 34-35  116 36-37  114 41-42  112 His best WHIP seasons: 28-29 (195 IP) 41-42 (181) 35-36 (163) 38-39 (225 IP) 36-37 39-40 Mo's best WHIP: 38 40 29 35 41 31 39 Both defied traditional aging curves eventhough Mo's was always much higher 9better) than Wake's.

LOL. Serious reading comprehension skills are his forte. That's how he gets posters to keep responding to him. I think I said he had 100 posts or more in one day of posting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : This pic makes me want to send her a gift basket with some fruit and my personal memorabilia.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

They removed Minka's picture

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread :
    Nice job at being an AH. A+
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Did you have too much coffee this morning Kim? And talk about being abusive - calling me an AH? Yeah, that's down right civil of you. And exactly what did I say to deserve such a response. I gave Moon my opinion and answer to his question and I had a laugh over the blinking eye and referred to the Paul McCartney death conspiracy of 1969. If you cannot find that funny, then I do feel sorry for you. And forgive me as this is just a guess, but I will assume you reported the picture of Minka as abusive and had it removed. Okay - that one I will kind of give you. A woman that beautiful might intimidate those women who are not confident in themselves.

And picking on 67 what the h3ll is that about. She reports a nice thing about her family, we all congrat her and you want to crucify her for being a traitor.

I really have tried to be respectful to you this offseason. Sticking up for you when I felt you were being unfairly treated and attempting to engage you in civil discourse about baseball. I also tried to have fun with you and your conspiracy theories. Obviously you want none of that, especially talking about baseball.

As for me, I am done. Stay out of my way and I will stay out of yours. You moaned that I once told you to S__U once, even though you had been ranting on & deserved it and now you want to call me an AH. Talk about being hypocritical.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : I appreciate your post. But, to be honest, I didn't read the board before I got here. If I did, it may have been for an extremely short amount of time. I don't really remember exactly. I came here to talk about the Sox, so it's unlikely I just read the board for awhile before I posted. Personally, I can't imagine shutting my mouth that long. lol But, again, thank you.

Now this is funny - 2619 posts and maybe 19 of them have been about the Red Sox.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread:
    No disrespect intended here. I am one who welcomes respectful Yankee fans on this site, but it seems a lot of Yankee threads morph into exchanges of platitudes and patting each others back. Can we get back to baseball? I know there's not much going on now, but here's a couple Yankee baseball questions: 1) Out of about 650 PAs by the Yankee DH this year, how many does Ibanez get? Andrew Jones? ARod? Jeter? others? Give me your opinions. 2) Who is the odd man out in their 5 man rotation? Garcia, Hughes, or Pineda? (Side Q: would Garcia make a good LR man?) Tahwwk amongst yourselves.   
    Posted by moonslav59

Moon, I don't think they want to have a realistic discussion about the Yankees. All their threads morph into this because this is not their board, and they don't really care. Also, the last thing they want is to have to keep it real for their own team. Some of it I believe is intentional.
    I like to read about the Yanks, but this thread has a lot of social exchanges and nonbaseball discussions.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

It's just weird that anyone could be this obsessed about the Yankee fans here.

Most of the Yankee fans here are here to talk baseball and they have some realistic views on the Red Sox.  Sometimes they show a little 'homerism' in their views on the Yankees which is understandable.  I think most Sox fans here enjoy having some back-and-forth with the Yankee fans like they would if they were in a bar.  It helps that we actually have some ammo now after 2004 and 2007.

As for Babe, he is kind of the extreme of being a Yankee fan who loves to come here to take digs at us with stuff like 'Red Flops'.  But he's also here for some baseball talk.  I have some back-and-forths with him.  I take shots, he takes shots.  Once again it's much like it would be if you were watching a game at a bar with Sox and Yankee fans.

I have only visited 3 other Sox forums-Sawxheads, Talksox and the new one SaneTrueFansUnited, but they all have Yankee fans as part of the mix.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : +1 Careful, you may wind up as my favorite poster.

I have to say while I don't get bothered by having Yanks here, as it can be good fun, that the "babe" only comes here to insult and make fun of the team that I love... and for that he deserves scrutiny to the max.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

mlb-tv schedule up, and that Saturday, March 3rd Yanks-Phillies game is on it!  ;)

Sched: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/officia.....-250694760

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to  Re: Realistic Yankee Thread : No disrespect intended here. I am one who welcomes respectful Yankee fans on this site, but it seems a lot of Yankee threads morph into exchanges of platitudes and patting each others back. Can we get back to baseball? I know there's not much going on now, but here's a couple Yankee baseball questions: 1) Out of about 650 PAs by the Yankee DH this year, how many does Ibanez get? Andrew Jones? ARod? Jeter? others? Give me your opinions. 2) Who is the odd man out in their 5 man rotation? Garcia, Hughes, or Pineda? (Side Q: would Garcia make a good LR man?) Tahwwk amongst yourselves.    Posted by moonslav59 Moon, I don't think they want to have a realistic discussion about the Yankees. All their threads morph into this because this is not their board, and they don't really care. Also, the last thing they want is to have to keep it real for their own team. Some of it I believe is intentional. I like to read about the Yanks, but this thread has a lot of social exchanges and nonbaseball discussions.

It is difficult at times to have true conversations about baseball, NY/Boston rivalry and expectations going into Spring Training. Too much fluff and not enough stuff. Hope this changes once the season starts.

Moon - NY has made a multi-year offer to Martin. No $ have been mentioned or years, but he is in this year for 7.5 million. His agent said no and has not gotten back to NY with a counter offer. Do you see Martin's agent trying to play hardball now that Montero has been traded or does he really think Martin will morph back into a .280 hitter? How badly can this backfire on him or NY?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I like when the Yankees traded Tony Armas Jr. to us for Mike Stanley.... perfect trade for us.