Realists are right, of course. Just look at the proof....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Realists are right, of course. Just look at the proof....

Ah, I am reminded that realists are the better, truer way to look at life.

Most certainly they are correct when things go a bit off track with our Sox.

I mean, realists called old Chris Columbus crazy.  Heck, he had to leave his native land and convince those gullible fools, Ferdinand and Isabella, that the realists were limiting the possibilities ....

Two bike store owners were NOT realists when they took time off from work to go to the Outer Banks and ... fly!  Such wild and crazy guys!

The Genius of Menlo Park ... only tried 3,000 times or so to replace the age old, reliable candle with an incandescent one ... so unrealistic.

Clumsy unrealistic A.G. Bell spilled some acid on himself and spoke into his invention to his work partner, asking for assistance ... and the unrealistic partner heard him and came to his aid.

Poor, unrealistic Neil Armstrong brought his golf clubs along to the most exclusive course .... that we know of ... the moon.

So, realistically, we should all become level headed about this Red Sox team and stop expecting so much ... out of ourselves in being positive toward it.  I mean,
    look at what is happening.  It started out TERRIBLE.  And now there are some problems again and surely that means the season is caput.

Right?

After all ... Columbus was wrong, the Wright brothers only got a sun burn at Kittyhawk Beach, I'm typing under candle light....and for Pete's sake, who uses a land line phone any more ....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Realists are right, of course. Just look at the proof....

Good morning Yaz!!
     Yes, all the complaining and whining and the sky is falling types are out now..They were lost for the last couple months with occasional posts here and there. Now that interleague has taken our lineup away from us, theyre back. Softy has a new name and is still beating the "wastefield" drum. Nothing new in his pathetic life.The ones that just complain and dont compliment, I dont consider fans anyway and will not engage in much conversation with them as i would with you..I trust u had a good shift tonight Yaz?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Good enough that it's done, my friend.   :o)

I goofed up my 1st rwo runs ... got it straightened out., but I usually don't mess up.

Must be the Sox are sharing the bad side of things...  hehe

The rest of the night went fine.

Have a great one!

Time to  help my girlfriend get ready for work.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Realists are right, of course. Just look at the proof....:
    [QUOTE]Good enough that it's done, my friend.   :o) I goofed up my 1st rwo runs ... got it straightened out., but I usually don't mess up. Must be the Sox are sharing the bad side of things...  hehe The rest of the night went fine. Have a great one! Time to  help my girlfriend get ready for work.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

This from a married man!    I'm simply appalled!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Too unrealistic after 36 years???

Well, she WAS my girlfriend ....for two, then she was crazy enough to marry me.

I get sentimental, sometimes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

Up to two consenting adults is the welcomed moral standard of a better America. Very soon, the bigoted culture will realize that it's morally wrong to deny civil rights to three consenting adults. Those that attempt to stop the winds of change will be on the wrong side of history. That's why it's important to have evolving moral tenets, so that one can be fair to all registered voters.

I just saw a guy doing a shovel ready job. He was cleaning up behind a happy pride parade, and had a smile and his dignity back. Dignity comes straight from the Whitehouse door.

From my underground bunker, I still use incandescent light bulbs, have an old land line, and formulate some of the most dangerous comments that threaten the keepers of the keys. 

Tito needs a vacation, and Theo needs to appoint David Ortiz as player coach. More players would be smiling and happy about sitting on the bench.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Good enough that it's done, my friend.   :o) I goofed up my 1st rwo runs ... got it straightened out., but I usually don't mess up. Must be the Sox are sharing the bad side of things...  hehe The rest of the night went fine. Have a great one! Time to  help my girlfriend get ready for work.

Enjoy!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Realists are right, of course. Just look at the proof....:
    [QUOTE]Ah, I am reminded that realists are the better, truer way to look at life. Most certainly they are correct when things go a bit off track with our Sox. I mean, realists called old Chris Columbus crazy.  Heck, he had to leave his native land and convince those gullible fools, Ferdinand and Isabella, that the realists were limiting the possibilities .... Two bike store owners were NOT realists when they took time off from work to go to the Outer Banks and ... fly!  Such wild and crazy guys! The Genius of Menlo Park ... only tried 3,000 times or so to replace the age old, reliable candle with an incandescent one ... so unrealistic. Clumsy unrealistic A.G. Bell spilled some acid on himself and spoke into his invention to his work partner, asking for assistance ... and the unrealistic partner heard him and came to his aid. Poor, unrealistic Neil Armstrong brought his golf clubs along to the most exclusive course .... that we know of ... the moon. So, realistically, we should all become level headed about this Red Sox team and stop expecting so much ... out of ourselves in being positive toward it.  I mean, look at what is happening.  It started out TERRIBLE.  And now there are some problems again and surely that means the season is caput. Right? After all ... Columbus was wrong, the Wright brothers only got a sun burn at Kittyhawk Beach, I'm typing under candle light....and for Pete's sake, who uses a land line phone any more ....

Yaz, and I'm just ribbing; but I don't think some of the greatest accomplishments in human history that were faced with insurmountable odds is an appropriate analogy to use vs a terrific baseball team (and baseball is a hot and cold game to begin with) who happened to have gone 1-5 in June.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Good morning Yaz!!  Yes, all the complaining and whining and the sky is falling types are out now..They were lost for the last couple months with occasional posts here and there. Now that interleague has taken our lineup away from us, theyre back. Softy has a new name and is still beating the "wastefield" drum. Nothing new in his pathetic life.The ones that just complain and dont compliment, I dont consider fans anyway and will not engage in much conversation with them as i would with you..I trust u had a good shift tonight Yaz?
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

The very crux of the matter, southpaw!!  We all have our moments when we wish things were managed better or players played better, but it's not cause to get cannibalistic.

Softy, claims to be devil's advocate, but I am starting to think he is so single minded about some issues that the dummy has taken over the puppetmaster.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realists are right, of course. Just look at the proof.... : The very crux of the matter, southpaw!!  We all have our moments when we wish things were managed better or players played better, but it's not cause to get cannibalistic. Softy, claims to be devil's advocate, but I am starting to think he is so single minded about some issues that the dummy has taken over the puppetmaster.

Blinded by his own hate for certain players..I dont think hes a real fan anyways..he just needs a soapbox to stand on...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Realists are right, of course. Just look at the proof.... : Yaz, and I'm just ribbing; but I don't think some of the greatest accomplishments in human history that were faced with insurmountable odds is an appropriate analogy to use vs a terrific baseball team (and baseball is a hot and cold game to begin with) who happened to have gone 1-5 in June.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Steve,

;o)

I figured parabolicly parsed parallels might just alter the view(s) of some of our more realistic friends here.   

Well, maybe not ...

I did leave out theories of general and special relativity ....cuz Einstien was an idiot outcast in school ... and that he was knocked down by the premiere scientist of his day, King Carl Hubble  ...oh wait King Carl played baseball ...I mean Edwin Hubble ...

OK, I'll shut up ....  :oD

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realists are right, of course. Just look at the proof.... : Steve,      ;o)    I figured parabolicly parsed parallels might just alter the view(s) of some of our more realistic friends here.       Well, maybe not ...    I did leave out theories of general and special relativity ....cuz Einstien was an idiot outcast in school ... and that he was knocked down by the premiere scientist of his day, King Carl Hubble  ...oh wait King Carl played baseball ...I mean Edwin Hubble ...   OK, I'll shut up ....  :oD

LOL, I also liked your comment about the puppet master.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realists are right, of course. Just look at the proof.... : This from a married man!    I'm simply appalled!!!

Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

How are your orioles doing?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Realists,

try something that breaks your mold.  Tonight.  This night.  Support Lackey even if he has a bad outing.  Give it a shot.  Try to keep on supporting him instead of acting like the mad queen in "Alice in Wonderland" - "Off with their head" after each perceived failure ..

How about some good old fashioned, ""You're my guy and we're gonna back you til the last out of the season"?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

realists didn't doubt if manned flight was possible at the time of the Wright brothers, there was a huge international race to be the first going on. They doubted if the Wright brothers actually did it because they were incredibly secretive.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Neil Armstrong?

He had a heck of lot more support and technicians helping him out than Columbus and the Wright Brothers.

Are you absolutley sure he wasn't playing golf in Nevada?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

I'm a realist who has friends who need the local shovel ready union jobs. I'm not worried about the Red Sox, short term, they will be fine with a cluster bomb to take out an ant hill. The job will get done unless one of the cluster pods, Lester, Beckett, Buck, Papelbon, Bard, Pedroia, AGon, Youk or Ortiz are disabled.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 6/29/2011
    Neil Armstrong?

He had a heck of lot more support and technicians helping him out than Columbus and the Wright Brothers.

Are you absolutley sure he wasn't playing golf in Nevada?

:o)  Thanks Zill!

I was wondering if anyone might bring that up.   Perfect!  Bonus points to you!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

The Bush administration lied about the space program.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

I'm a realist who has friends...

Well done, Softy. Two lies with only six words.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

The economy is in recovery, with shovel ready jobs scooping the way forward to hope and change.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]The economy is in recovery, with shovel ready jobs scooping the way forward to hope and change.
    Posted by redsoxcorpseman[/QUOTE]
    Are you one of those millionaire and billionaire I keep hearing him talk about?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realists are right, of course. Just look at the proof.... : Are you one of those millionaire and billionaire I keep hearing him talk about?
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]
    Upward Trajectory

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realists are right, of course. Just look at the proof.... : Upward Trajectory
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]
    as we all should be mikey.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Truth is truth my brother 2nd is not 1st.

Sections
Shortcuts