Reason we never win A.L.East

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: Reason we never win A.L.East

In Response to Re: Reason we never win A.L.East:
    In Response to Re: Reason we never win A.L.East : here's somthing positive musical beans, the SOX will not end up in 1st in the AL EAST. oh, and just because jd crawford does suk, and just because tito is a mediocre manager, and just because theo couldn't sign a decent FA if his life depended on it, doesn't make me a YANK-EM fan. however, it does make mr beans seem like an idiot.
    Posted by -theyazzer-

Let me guess you're 28 years old, still living with your mommy and can't find anything better to do than to spend time in front of a computer typing drivel!

Because last I checked...

/>The Red Sox are still in 1st with the best record in the AL
    />Terry Francona has won 2 World Series as the manager of Sox...
    />Theo Epstien was the GM for both of those tittles and is regarded as the best GM in the game according to his peers...

Now please offer me something relevent and crawfrod suk's isn't what I consider to be worthy of debate...However if you took the time and actually backed any of your above assertions with a few facts, then I'd be happy to engage you in further debate...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I'm not only talking about losing to Sea.Losing to bad teams every year is a tradition with this team.That why I said thats the reason why they never win the AL East.
    Posted by xmen
    The best teams lose 40% of their games, the worst win 40% of their games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from )))TheBabe(((. Show )))TheBabe((('s posts

In Response to Re: Reason we never win A.L.East : Don't make the assumption that everyone that bi-tches is really a Sox fan. Many come here and pretend to be Sox fans. It is in the troll's bag of tricks - look up concern trolls.

Posted by PawsoxPhil

Is that so pike?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from )))TheBabe(((. Show )))TheBabe((('s posts

Realistically with their payroll the Yankees should go 162-0. They should beat everyone. So, saying the Yankees beat all the teams they "should" beat is very wrong. On paper, the Red Sox should walk all over Seattle, Kansas City, Baltimore, Cleveland, Minnesota, The Angels, Oakland and Toronto. They should win MOST games vs. Tampa Bay, Chicago and Texas. Games are not played on paper. If having the talent and a high payroll guaranteed wins, they wouldn't have to play the games. However having a high payroll and more experienced talent does tilt the odds in favor of the "haves" and against the "have nots." Just be glad we are one of the "haves" , but this does not guarantee we win every series against a weaker team.

Posted by ZILLAGOD

So the Yanks with their payroll advantage should beat everyone but the sawx with their payroll advantage should only win most of their games against tb, chi and texas?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from )))TheBabe(((. Show )))TheBabe((('s posts

when your own manager says that getting into the playoffs is more important than where/how you get in, then what do you expect? i railed against this in 2009 when we backed into the playoffs and I was told  million times that momentum means nothing once the post-season starts...then rightfully predicted we would get swept... letting the Yanks win the division in this tough year of good teams in AL, and with the NL guarenteed the home field in the World Series, is just nuts in my opinion...please Terry play for the division title - it does matter - especially this year!

Posted by georom4

exactly how does winning the division have any impact on the NL having home field advantage in the WS?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

In Response to Reason we never win A.L.East:
    We don't beat the teams we should.We are 10-2 vs. Yanks.Eight games better,yet we're tied in the loss column.Yanks almost always beat the teams they should.That's why they always win the division.We have 23 losses to the likes of Cleve;Bal;Sea;CWS;S.D;Pitts;and KC.Just once can we win the East to shut the Yankee fans up.This team just can't get up for these teams.Fracona needs to put his foot in their butts,when they play these teams.Instead of worring about winning these games,he worries about being everybodys buddy.I know your not going to win every game,but you should win most of these games with the team we have.What does other posters feel on this subject?
    Posted by xmen

If we lose the Division race by a few games it will be due to any one of over one hundred variables. Yes, one of those may well be that we didn't beat the teams that we should have and you will be one percent correct. It is my guess however that your concern is false and you really aren't a Red Sox fan anyway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

In Response to Re: Reason we never win A.L.East : jd crawford sux:check tito is inept:check theo is stupid:check SOX are temporarily in 1st place(see above):check wake will get his 200th win next year:check some sox fans still believe in reality:check
    Posted by -theyazzer-

If it bothers you so much (and clearly it does), find a new team to root for.  Oh right, you already have Yankee troll.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

In Response to Re: Reason we never win A.L.East : exactly how does winning the division have any impact on the NL having home field advantage in the WS?
    Posted by )))TheBabe(((

Geez Babe...where ya been?  on vacation?  it's been a while.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Reason we never win A.L. East: Wildcard exists, who cares.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

IMO the Sox priority is to make play-offs and have a healthy and rested pitching staff, if they win the East so be it. They will sacrifice games at times for the overall health of team, especially as the season winds down, and spot in post season is virtually assured.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Realistically with their payroll the Yankees should go 162-0.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Applying that logic, the Red Sox should be 141-21 (playing three games against the Phillies this season).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from )))TheBabe(((. Show )))TheBabe((('s posts

In Response to Re: Reason we never win A.L.East : Geez Babe...where ya been?  on vacation?  it's been a while.

Posted by aquachuck

I wish, won't take a vacation til the fall. Might hit New Orleans for the Giants / saints game in late November.

Just been busy opening a new office so haven't had a lot of time to post during the day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xmen. Show xmen's posts

Let me start by saying,anybody who says i'm a Yankee troll or not a real Red Sox fan don't know what their talking about.I've been a Red Sox fan since 1965.I've seen more pain and grieve with the Red Sox than most fans,and through it all I've remained a loyal Red Sox fan.If I see something I don't agree with,I tell it like it is.Anybody who thinks it's alright to just win the wild card as long as we make the playoffs,are a bunch of losers.You don't play to be second best'you play to be the best.You want to be the best to have the home field advantage in the playoffs.That's the best way to make it to the World Series.The way we hit at home and to have the home crowd is the way to give yourself the best chance to make it to the World Series.I don't want to hear you need to set up the rotation and rest players.Try winning the division first,then you can do all that stuff.It seems when the Yankees or another team win the division they don't have a hard time doing those things once they have clinched the division.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

If the opposite were true you would post: we beat the crappy teams we just can't beat the good teams. It just hit me... who cares?

Lackey Wake and Dice K stink and Yanks have had better pitching 1-5... that being said we are currently leading the division so it's an odd time for this post.

Oh, Yanks have spent anywhere from 30-60 million more a year than the Sox that helps.

Sections
Shortcuts