Recent Team Staring Rotation Comparison

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Recent Team Staring Rotation Comparison

This team scares me more next year. They lose no key FAs and several young players start reaching their primes. If this kid Jennings is for real, they can do a lot of damage. They need to build pen depth and keep Rodriguez at SS and Zobrist at 2nd. Joyce has dropped off a lot, but I still think he'll be a plus next year. I don't think Kotchman was a fluke. They'll probably deal Upton and maybe a starter, but they have Cobb and Moore waiting in the wings, and should have enough cash to make a couple strategic signings. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

I never said roller derby rink was a "hitter's park", you low self esteem lying dim wit. It most certainly is a punch and judy paradise.

Moonslow, you are a prevaricating moron.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: Recent Team Staring Rotation Comparison:
    Pedro Martinez Mark Portugal Pat Rapp Bret Saberhagen Brian Rose The year 1999. Wakefield was in the pen with a 6-11 record and an era over 5.... John Wasdin was kicking around to.  
    Posted by BurritoT

We had Ramon Martinez most of the year right? And we forgot Kent Merker,LOL. Boy Duke was great at getting pitchers who were good somewhere else but here thay were.....not so good. Ex. Ramon,Portugal,Jeff Fassero, Pete Schourek, David Cone etc... Saberhagen was OK. And to think he traded Jamie Moyer for Darren Bragg(Sorry you don't trade a solid lefty for a part time outfielder) and Aaron Sele for Jim Leyritz. Just think 1998-2001 if we had those two instead of the Guys Duke got.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Saberhagen was quite effective, just goes to show what might have been had he never been injured - a true Ace.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I never said roller derby rink was a "hitter's park", you low self esteem lying dim wit. It most certainly is a punch and judy paradise. Moonslow, you are a prevaricating moron.
    Posted by S0ftl@w

You said Sox fans and media had overly high expectations for Lugo's offense based on his "inflated stats" from playing in TB all those years. To deny that you said that over and over and over again for over 2 years is just plain barefaced lying. 

You are becoming this year's "wire to wire" buffoon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Saberhagen was quite effective, just goes to show what might have been had he never been injured - a true Ace.
    Posted by BurritoT

I agree, and there is a long list of guys like him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

You said Sox fans and media had overly high expectations for Lugo's offense based on his "inflated stats" from playing in TB all those years. To

Lugo was a punch and judy hitter, you dim wit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Theo has admitted failure on the Lugo signing. What is the issue here. You might want to put on the HISTORY Channel instead of wasting your life here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You said Sox fans and media had overly high expectations for Lugo's offense based on his "inflated stats" from playing in TB all those years. To Lugo was a punch and judy hitter, you dim wit!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by S0ftl@w

I know what Lugo was. I did not expect what the media and fans expected, which was a leadoff hitter with speed and a decent OBP. Everyone knows he was always a "Punch and Judy hitter". When did I ever even imply he wasn't? He never had a lot of extra base hits or a high slugging percentage. Nobody expected that when he came here. What
    they expected (not me) was for him to repeat his .287 BA & .350 OBP he had in TB. I knew it would not be that high, because we had signed him from ages 31-34. However, I did know that TB was not a hitters park, and his numbers in TB were deflated by the park. I did expect maybe something like...

2007:  .285/.345 (BA/OBP)
    2008:  .275/.340
    2009:  .270/.340
    2010:  .265/.335

I expected better than average range at SS for at least 2-3 years of the deal, and more than his share of errors on routine hit balls. I expected about 25 SBs a year.

He gave us this:

2007: .237/.294
    2008: .268/.355 (Just 307 PAs)
    2009: .284/.352 (Just 123 PAs)

4 years in TB: .287/.350
    3 years in Bos: .251/.319

Adjust for age & adjust for improved park (Fenway), and it's not too hard to see he did not meet expectations of anyone, but supposedly you. Yes, the injury hurt his numbers and more importantly his fielding range.

When the "bust" discussion was in full force, you (of course) called anyone who said he was a "bust" a racist. You argued that we were dimwits for expecting him to repeat his numbers in TB, because it was a hitters park and that we should have known his numbers would be lower here as a result of the move. You clearly stated your position over and over again. You were as wrong then as you are now.

You argued he was not a bust, because he was "our wire to wire SS" in a championship year.
    I guess you'll have to say the same of lackey and CC if we win this year then, right?

Lugo didn't last at leadoff long. A .319 OBP made sure of that. He was a bust. If you say you expected a .319 OBP, you will prove again what a liar you are.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Oh, he's definitely a liar.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Board bullies in full force. Two stooges, praising Wastefiel and cutting and posting selected snipets. 

Two liars and idle minded dimwits, endorsed by NYT, that beacon of diversity of opinions and honest sources;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Theo has admitted failure on the Lugo signing. What is the issue here. You might want to put on the HISTORY Channel instead of wasting your life here.
    Posted by Your-Echo

Even Lugo would probably admit he was a failure in Boston. The whole world knows what softy refuses to believe.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Rays lose tonight, on pace to less than 90 wins. Clearly that was playoff contender range.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Even Lugo would probably admit he was a failure in Boston. The whole world knows what softy refuses to believe.

Zila disagress with you, Board bully. Explain how Lugo was failure as the 2007 SS, board bully? Can we see some more of your colored cut and paste charts?

Lugo won't admit he is a failure. Will you admit that you are a failure for calling Rays playoff contenders? Ill admit, you are a failure as a person.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

.237/.345

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Yes, Lugo plays the entire season as starting SS (more fielding chances than any other field position) for 2007 title team and you consider him a failure. I understand you don't like colored players, but Lugo did his job and will always be a wire to wire starter on 2007 title team. Maybe you would call him a failure and ask that any future 2007 recognition ceremony announce him as a failure.

What did Lugo, Most Red Sox fans' anti-christ, hit in 2007 WS, Moonslow? You know, that series where young Bellsbury became the next Ted Williams.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, Lugo plays the entire season as starting SS (more plays than any SS in MLB) for 2007 title team and you consider him a failure. I understand you don't like colored players, but Lugo did his job and will always be a wire to wire starter on 2007 title team. Maybe you would call him a failure and ask that any future 2007 recognition ceremony announce him as a failure.

What did Lugo, Most Red Sox fans' anti-christ, hit in 2007 WS, Moonslow? You know, that series where young Bellsbury became the next Ted Williams.

I never said 2007 was a failure. I said Lugo in Boston was a bust. He did Ok in 2007. His OBP and fielding were adeuate and near expectations, unfortuneatley, it was a 4 year deal.

My name's not Pesky. I  didn't compare Jake to anyone, not even Damon. Pesky did, and you assumed all of Red Sox Nation but you believed him.

Get over yourself and stop the misinformation and lies. Lugo did not lead the league in "plays" in 2007. Again, your "research" is nothing but propaganda. He was 20th not 1st. You're not even close anymore. Tulo had almost 140 more plays, and several others had about 100 more.(BTW, that was the year GGlover Jeter finished last in plays per game)

It is you who is racist. It shows nearly everyday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

I didnt say anything about Lugo leading the league in plays, you old fool.  And one WS SS starter year and great WS hitting on a 4 year 36M contract isnt a bust unless Crawford is a nuclear world gone bust.

No, it is you, and reflect most Red sox fans, sadly. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Wake's 19 starts:                  
    IP  H  ER BB (comments)
    1) vs Sea  5.2  3  1  1  (left with 2 outs and man on 1st: Jenks allowed his runner to score plus 1 more and Wake gets no decision: Sox win anyways) 

2) vs Min  4.1  9  6  4 (started 5 days earlier/pitched relief 2 days before)(scored 2 runs on BB, IF hit, GB single and Balk, later 2 inherited Wake runs are allowed by Aceves.) 

3) vs Cubs  6  7  4  1 (shut out through 6.2, then two dbls = 1 run) 

4) @ Det   7  5  2  2 (1 run scores on seeing eye GB single, SB and another seeing eye GB single.) 

5) vs CWS  6  7  4  1 (shut out through 4.2, then BB, bloop single, SB, Groundout to SS, Gb double down 3B line that could have been fielded by Youk-2 runs) 

6) @ NYY   5.1  5  5  3 (Shutout through 4 IP, then 3 runs on BB, PB, 1B, 2B, GB -man to 3rd-Sac Fly, then in 6th 2 outs and BB, and Aceves comes in and allows his run to score.) 

7) @ TB     7   4  1  5 (Shut out for 4.1 IP then HR, in 6th BB, PB, BB, GB runners advance and Passed Ball allows run to score.) 

8) vs Mil   8   3 2  1 (2-runo HR in 2nd + solo HR in 7th: no bad luck) 

9) @ Pitt   6   7  5  4 (shut out for 4.1 IP, and 1B, SB, BB, HR- 2 runs, 2B, GB single for 1 runs, 4th 1 run scores on cheap single to 3B -Youk muffs it, and a 2B to CF that Ellsbury misjudged-could have been caught, then a GB to 2B.) 

10) @ Hou  5.1  11  5  0 (1st inning: 1B, SB, GB runner to 3B, Sac Fly,  2nd: 2 runs scored on 2B, 1B, bunt 1B to 3B, and 2B, in the 5th: GB single, WP, 2B) 

11) vs Tor    7    9  3  1 (3rd inning: swinging bunt single, 1B, GB runners advance, Sac Fly, long 1B) 

12) @ Bal    4.2  9  3  2 (1st: 2 outs then weak 1B to 3B, hard 1B, then 3B for 2 runs. 5th: 2 Ks, HR, HR, 1B, bloop 1B-could have been caught, BB, 2B clears bases) 

13) vs Sea  6.1  10  7  1 (1st: HBP & HR, 5th: K, BB, seeing eye GB 1B, 2B scores 1, Wake enters the 7th ahead 11-3. ***He could have been relieved***, but he stays in and allows: 4 runs on 3 singles and HR) 

14) @ CWS  7.0  3  3  2 (Shutout through 5.1 innings, then bunt single to 3B, Bunt runner to 2B, WP, Sac Fly. 7th inning: BB and HR for 2 runs). 

15) vs Cleve  6.2  5  3  2 (Shutout through 3IP, then HR, ground ball single, Ground ball 2B, ...2 runs, then in the 7th: 2B, Ground out, WP, K, 2B for 1 run) 

16) @ MN  7 IP  8H  3 ER  0BB (2nd inning: 2B, single, 2 groundouts-runner to 3B, PB run scores- 2 ERs. HR in 4th, 6th inning: hard single and deep 2B for 1 run). Wake leaves with a run run lead-Aceves lets up a run and Wake does not get the win.)  

17)  @ Sea  8   9   4  2   (Shutout for 2 IP, then BB on fullcount (squeezed), SB, Salty error, IF hit to SS (run), single, FC & error by Lowrie SS, then Sac Fly (run), BB, single (run) . 5th inning: IF single to SS, single, single (run). 7th: Solo HR.) 

18) @ KC  5.1   9   4   0  (Shutout to 3rd inning when seeing eye single up the middle then 2B down RF line for 1 run. 6th inning  and just 1 run allowed up to now, then K and GB single up middle, 2 deep 2bs to CF, 2 runs. Albers comes in and allows 1 Wake runner to score. Albers then lets a bunch more score and we lose.

19) v Oak   4   8   4   2   (2nd inning: 2B, GB between 1B and 2B-1 run. WP, Ground out/runner advances, single and a run scores. 4th inning: Out-BB-out-HR, then a K, but passed ball runner goes to 1B, then 2B and HR for 3 Unearned runs. 

Totals:
    5 ERs on bullpen allowing inherited runners to score.

One could argue...

4 ERs allowed after Tito left him in (too long) in an 11-3 game (7th inn)-3 singles/HR.
    24 out of 67 total ERs allowed as a starter scored on

IF hits,  bloop hits, or misjudged fly balls that fell for “hits”  Muffed balls counted as hits  Runners advancing on GBs then Sac flies

33/67 ERs allowed were a bit shaky or “cheap”. I know all pitcher have some bad luck, but I doubt any pitcher has this percent of cheap runs allowed this year.It’s pretty easy to figure Wake’s ER as a starter could be close to 3.00 to 4.00 instead of over 5.00.

I have watched every Sox game. I am certain that no other Sox starter has had his "hard luck". Yes, I know he created some of his own. His high HR% is not good. His knuckler causes some PBs. I know other pitchers have many "what ifs", but I really think no Sox pitchers have more cheap ERs against than Wake.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

And no other SP has the scrutiny from his own manager than Wakefield. The guy is a savior in my book, pitching with his own career on the line practically every start he throws. He can't afford a bad start, and when he had one---he was yanked out of the regular turn. Gee, that was surprising...not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You think the same will happen if Miller gets shelled for 2 straight?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormcrow7878. Show stormcrow7878's posts

I am curious... so playing in Tampa HELPED Lugo becasue he is a "punch & judy hiiter"? Are you saying that Tropicana Field gives singles hitters inflated numbers? That while not being a "hitters park" it inflated Lugo's numbers, because the stadiums design is a boon to P & J guys? That's what your saying?

Also, you call Moon a bigot (I have never seen a post from Moon that was bigoted in any way, he seems like a class gentleman to me) yet you use the term "colored"? You are aware that people find that term offensive right?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I am curious... so playing in Tampa HELPED Lugo becasue he is a "punch & judy hiiter"? Are you saying that Tropicana Field gives singles hitters inflated numbers? That while not being a "hitters park" it inflated Lugo's numbers, because the stadiums design is a boon to P & J guys? That's what your saying? Also, you call Moon a bigot (I have never seen a post from Moon that was bigoted in any way, he seems like a class gentleman to me) yet you use the term "colored"? You are aware that people find that term offensive right?
    Posted by stormcrow7878

He's not "aware" of much at all these days.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

wow, tampa bay, that surprised (how good the sp has been), and texas on the high side (era); maybe we'd be better off facing tex than det in 1st round . . .
    Posted by soxnewmex

moon has been on the Tampa bandwagon all year.  Hes going to be as wrong with his "Tampa wont go away" prediction as he is with many other statements he makes and can't admit to. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I have admitted I was wrong on TB about 15 times already. I projected 90-92 wins. They are on pace for about 88-89. Man was I way off! Softy predicted 92-94 wins for the Sox and called Theo "InEpstien".

What I was most wrong about on TB "not going away" was that I felt this year's WC team would
    win fewer games than years past, perhaps only 92-94. I thought NYY, TB and other good AL teams would beat each other up and the wins would be more balanced. I was wrong about The Yanks winning close to 100 games without getting a major starter in trade. I was dead wrong on that. I was way off. I was wrong. I was really really wrong. horrible. Terrible. My projection was ugly, ugly, UGLEEEEEE!

Ok? Now that makes 16 times I have admitted I was wrong on TB not going away. They are away. I said it weeks ago. They still have a very good team that would probably win 3 other divisions if not 4. I didn't project that,m so I remain wrong, wrong, WRONG. I admitted I was wrong defending manny's character. I was wrong about VTek almost 3 years ago when I said Theo should not have signed him. I was wrong about wanting Lackey (as softy did too, but good luck getting him to even admit to direct quotes from him). I was wrong on sitting Papi vs most LHPs this year. Already, I have broken the record for most mistakes admitted to on this board. Now, admit how wrong you have been saying I never admit my mistakes. Then, make a list of you mistaken positions. The list would rival the amount of posts you have made.

Sections
Shortcuts