Recent Team Staring Rotation Comparison

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Recent Team Staring Rotation Comparison

In Response to Re: Recent Team Staring Rotation Comparison:
    [QUOTE]I have admitted I was wrong on TB about 15 times already. I projected 90-92 wins. They are on pace for about 88-89. Man was I way off! Softy predicted 92-94 wins for the Sox and called Theo "InEpstien". What I was most wrong about on TB "not going away" was that I felt this year's WC team would win fewer games than years past, perhaps only 92-94. I thought NYY, TB and other good AL teams would beat each other up and the wins would be more balanced. I was wrong about The Yanks winning close to 100 games without getting a major starter in trade. I was dead wrong on that. I was way off. I was wrong. I was really really wrong. horrible. Terrible. My projection was ugly, ugly, UGLEEEEEE! Ok? Now that makes 16 times I have admitted I was wrong on TB not going away. They are away. I said it weeks ago. They still have a very good team that would probably win 3 other divisions if not 4. I didn't project that,m so I remain wrong, wrong, WRONG. I admitted I was wrong defending manny's character. I was wrong about VTek almost 3 years ago when I said Theo should not have signed him. I was wrong about wanting Lackey (as softy did too, but good luck getting him to even admit to direct quotes from him). I was wrong on sitting Papi vs most LHPs this year. Already, I have broken the record for most mistakes admitted to on this board. Now, admit how wrong you have been saying I never admit my mistakes. Then, make a list of you mistaken positions. The list would rival the amount of posts you have made.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Its a start, when you admit being wrong on the statements you made on my "last nights game" thread I will put you back in the human category.  Until then you and harness are still considered one in the same.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Recent Team Staring Rotation Comparison : Its a start, when you admit being wrong on the statements you made on my "last nights game" thread I will put you back in the human category.  Until then you and harness are still considered one in the same.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Hey Humanoid, I have never posted on that thread, so now's a perfect opportunity for you to admit a mistake and apologize.

You really have no clue at all!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Recent Team Staring Rotation Comparison : Hey Humanoid, I have never posted on that thread, so now's a perfect opportunity for you to admit a mistake and apologize. You really have no clue at all!

Hey moon, anyone on that thread knows you erased all your posts shortly after I proved your statements to be incorrect. 

Wow moon, very dissapointing!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I never even went to the post, until you said I posted there. I went and looked and found nothing. I rarely post on "game threads" and figured that was a similar post.

What's dissapointing is your failure to admit you made a mistake.

By the way, since you always use the "reply to this post" button, why isn't there one post by you that is in response to my post? Was I able to erase your posts too?

Name this supposed statement I said that you "proved to be incorrect"?

You are so full of it, it's coming out your ears.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]And no other SP has the scrutiny from his own manager than Wakefield. The guy is a savior in my book, pitching with his own career on the line practically every start he throws. He can't afford a bad start, and when he had one---he was yanked out of the regular turn. Gee, that was surprising...not.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

I think it has more to do with who we're facing...Wake's next schedule start would've been against Texas a team that has always hit him pretty well and it's not like he's been exactly lights out either. As much as moon continues to paint a positive picture end of the day Wake's numbers are why he's getting skipped and he has been the least dependable of all of our starters including Lackey. in the last 2 months. Let's also remember that Wake's time is about up and the Sox need to make a decision on what they want to do with Miller not just for this season, but the post season and beyond. Skipping a start or two for Wake's no biggie and allowing Miller to pitch his way on or off the roster in my mind is the prudent thing to do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

The Rays are not out of it  yet

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think it has more to do with who we're facing...Wake's next schedule start would've been against Texas a team that has always hit him pretty well and it's not like he's been exactly lights out either. As much as moon continues to paint a positive picture end of the day Wake's numbers are why he's getting skipped and he has been the least dependable of all of our starters including Lackey. in the last 2 months.

I agree if you choose this time frame you are right, but in August it has been nearly identical.
             (ERA/WHIP)

Wake  5.23  1.452
    Lack    5.31  1.487

Let's also remember that Wake's time is about up

I heard this after 2007, after 2008, after 2009, and after 2010...

and the Sox need to make a decision on what they want to do with Miller not just for this season, but the post season and beyond. Skipping a start or two for Wake's no biggie and allowing Miller to pitch his way on or off the roster in my mind is the prudent thing to do.

I agree. I also think Miller will get a strong and long look next year. Wake on the team now and/or next year should not interfere at all with Miller making it or not. We've already gotten 40 starts from our 6 or lower starters this year! We are adding 3 more every time through the rotation from  here to October.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]I think it has more to do with who we're facing...Wake's next schedule start would've been against Texas a team that has always hit him pretty well and it's not like he's been exactly lights out either. As much as moon continues to paint a positive picture end of the day Wake's numbers are why he's getting skipped and he has been the least dependable of all of our starters including Lackey. in the last 2 months. I agree if you choose this time frame you are right, but in August it has been nearly identical.          (ERA/WHIP) Wake  5.23  1.452 Lack    5.31  1.487 Let's also remember that Wake's time is about up I heard this after 2007, after 2008, after 2009, and after 2010... and the Sox need to make a decision on what they want to do with Miller not just for this season, but the post season and beyond. Skipping a start or two for Wake's no biggie and allowing Miller to pitch his way on or off the roster in my mind is the prudent thing to do. I agree. I also think Miller will get a strong and long look next year. Wake on the team now and/or next year should not interfere at all with Miller making it or not. We've already gotten 40 starts from our 6 or lower starters this year! We are adding 3 more every time through the rotation from  here to October.

Hey moon,
    I'm sure you'll hear it agian after 2011.
    I get Wake's overall value to the team he is what he is and he ain't a top of the rotation guy never has been and I know that is not what you're stating...I just think that your fued with the soft one whos right and who's wrong, who said what and when clouds the picture that you paint regarding Wake. His role entering 2011 was to provide us with depth if one of our starting 5 went down. In that regard he's been a savior and for the most part has done his job which has always been to take the ball every 5 days and give us a chance to win, something he's done well since 1995 and dispite his ERA has also done so in 2011.

My point regarding Miller has nothing to do with whether Wake is on the team or not and I agrre that they're no conection between the two and the roster...Rather, my point is Miller has the rest of this year to cement a spot on the squad next spring and if he finishes strong will be given a shot at taking Matsusaka spot in the rotation in 2012...He can't do that if he's not given the ball every 5 days, with the caviat of keeping us in games and giving us a chance to win...each start that he pitches well earns him another...and as long as he's throwing strikes and competing, he get the ball...

The post season roster is another story all together and I doubt that Wake is on it and I'd say Miller is a fringe candidate at best...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I agree 100% Bean. Nice post.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Miller can't afford to be shelled twice either I think. Once he's fine, twice? he's done.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

A lot depends if other choices are getting shelled as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We will not carry 12 pitchers in the playoffs. We could probably do with 10 for the first round.

I see this as our playoff roster (barring injury or complete meltdowns):

14 position players:
    Papi
    Salty VTek
    AGon
    Pedey
    Scutty Aviles
    Youk Lowrie
    Crawford DMac
    Ellsbury
    Reddick Drew

(possibles: Lavarnway, Jackson, Sutton, & Iglesias)

11 pitchers:
    S1 Beckett
    S2 Lester
    S3 Bedard
    S4 Lackey

5MR Aceves
    6MR Miller

7SR Papelbon
    8SR Bard
    9SR Wheeler
    10SR Albers
    11SR Morales

(possibles:
    Buchholtz, Wake, Jenks, & Williams)

Grey = chance not on roster.

Is there a line-up question when youk comes back? Pedey is looking fine in the 4 slot, but it's hard to push Youk to the 6 slot, and even with his high OBP, I can't see him hitting 2nd.

Scutty has done a great job in the 2 slot and has been a yankee killer to boot, but I can't see him pushing Youk back. If Cc heats it up, could we see this vs RHPs?

1) Ells
    2) CC
    3) AGon
    4) Pedey
    5) Papi
    6) Youk
    7) Salty
    8) Redd
    9) Scutty

This vs LHPs:
    1) Ells
    2) Scutty
    3) Pedey
    4) AGon
    5) Youk
    6) Papi
    7) Lowrie
    8) Vtek
    9) DMac

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I think the final spot is between Drew and Wake. They may alternate if the team reaches round 2. I don't think they leave Wake out of the first round.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]I think the final spot is between Drew and Wake. They may alternate if the team reaches round 2. I don't think they leave Wake out of the first round.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I forgot about Drew. I went back and edited out Lavarnway, but we could see DMac or Aviles out and Lavarnway in since Drew gives us an extra OF'er we probably wont need.

I don't see Wake making the roster. Tito does not like him out of the pen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Recent Team Staring Rotation Comparison : Yeah, I forgot about Drew. I went back and edited out Lavarnway, but we could see DMac or Aviles out and Lavarnway in since Drew gives us an extra OF'er we probably wont need. I don't see Wake making the roster. Tito does not like him out of the pen.

I'll say Tito goes with Wake in the pen in round one, or possibly round two, if it gets that far. One game could roast a pen (think Aceves). And I think Wake has earned the nod.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Wake will not be on the playoff roster unless someone gets hurt.

Tito only uses Wake from the pen in mop ups.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I say Wake is on at least one playoff roster. We'll see.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Maybe a few more long relief games like today will convince Tito to use him beyonf BP mopup duty, if not what's the use of putting him on the roster. I'd rather have Iglesias as a late inning defensive guy or Lavarnway as a PH'er.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I didn't think Iggy was available for the PO roster.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He's on the 40 man.

Sections
Shortcuts