RED $OX are OK with the 26MIL to "BIG PAPI", as payback..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

RED $OX are OK with the 26MIL to "BIG PAPI", as payback..........

For all the years that they had him on the "CHEAP"  !!!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: RED $OX are OK with the 26MIL to

didn't they give Wake a 2 year deal his last year?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

didn't they give Wake a 2 year deal his last year?

Yeah, but it was 2 years of peanuts.  The most Wake ever made for one season was about $4 million.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

still the same logic... Wake had worked a one year deal already yet the team felt obligated to give him 2 years when he was least worth it.... same as Ortiz

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

True, and you know I am a softlaw fan but you did spend nealry all summer saying to pay him whatever he wanted, even suggesting race if he wasn't (over)compensated. Man up.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

one year turns into two..... I probably lost track.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

False, I said that Ortiz had no 2 year market and the limit for his offer this year should be one year at about half his current contract. I said it was a big overpay but he deserved one final "thank you" golden parachute as he retires.

You are referring to two years ago, when I said to make him a two year offer at about 18M. I said his 2011 earned that. If they had done that, they would have saved almost 20M and we'd be talking about his retirement without the embarrassment of 26 million plus still left on his contract.  

As this management has done, they approached the exact opposite way it needed to be approached. They did, this winter, what they should have done two years ago. It would have saved them a lot of money to be used on other players, and it would have set the proper stage for Ortiz to retire this year. They don't anticipate, they react.

I agree with SOFTY (as usual).......   The $ox have created a "CIRCUS" @ S T and have given  J F an instant major problem from day one to deal with.........  Although, I know that  J F has a plan B & C as backups  !!