Red $ox Baseball & "BIG O-CARE"............

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Red $ox Baseball &

SPAM

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank N Stein. Show Frank N Stein's posts

Ben is trying to please Henry and Werner by bringing in players who will up the ratings.

Haven't you heard about Francona's book?

They want soap operas like the Napoli debacle, the Ellsbury guessing game, Johnny Gomes superstar, etc.

It's like Hollywood , where negative media is the ticket to more attention. Nobody would know who Lindsay Lohan was if she didn't get herself arrested and hauled into court every 6 months. Attention= ratings. This team is designed to get attention because they want high ratings. Today's society wants sports to be like reality T.V., infighting, hairpulling, jealousy, rumours and backstabbing. That is what gets the Twitter/ Facebook generation's attention.

The poor fans who call themselves "Red Sox Nation" are mostly sheep who will turn on the game no matter what....last year proved that. If 90% if Red Sox Nation would ignore the team for awhile, maybe the management would concentrate on building a winner. But, we are stupid, we continue to watch a team with a $175 mi. payroll play worse than a small market cheapskate team like Oakland.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Frank N Stein's comment:

Ben is trying to please Henry and Werner by bringing in players who will up the ratings.

They want soap operas like the Napoli debacle, the Ellsbury guessing game, Johnny Gomes superstar, etc.

It's like Hollywood , where negative media is the ticket to more attention. Nobody would know who Lindsay Lohan was if she didn't get herself arrested and hauled into court every 6 months. Attention= ratings. This team is designed to get attention because they want high ratings. Today's society wants sports to be like reality T.V., infighting, hairpulling, jealousy, rumours and backstabbing. That is what gets the Twitter/ Facebook generation's attention.

The poor fans who call themselves "Red Sox Nation" are mostlt sheep who will turn on the game no matter what....last year proved that. If 90% if Red Sox Nation would ignore the team for awhile, maybe the management would concentrate on building a winner. But, we are stupid, we continue to watch a team with a $175 mi. payroll play worse than a small market cheapskate team like Oakland.

Are you saying you didn't watch before 2004, because the Sox didn't "build a winner"?

There's a name for fans like that too...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

The kids can remain @ home (minors) and insured to AGE 26  !!!!!!   SOFTY is right, the kids wither on the vine while the $ox bring in 30 year old+ retreads !!!!   Come on BEN, renew the interest of Red Sox NATION............  GIVE  J F  the KIDS, and let him play them !!!!   Remember 1967, Dick Williams & the KIDS  !!!!!!

Remember 2012 and the kids?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

hahaha.

the nation has spoken.  you can be a true Patriot and support the administration or you can continue to complain and try to make things worse and try and divide our country further.  a real American would never do that. 

what is dow currently at or more importantly when was the djia the highest ever?

(i'll give you a hint.....it's right this very second)

how many months in a row has unemployment fallen?

(36....shhhhhhh dont tell any of your republican friends)

how many airplanes have flown into buildings on American soil by terrorists in the last 5 years?

(correct - 0....nice job Bill....you will be an American in no time)

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

The kids can remain @ home (minors) and insured to AGE 26  !!!!!!   SOFTY is right, the kids wither on the vine while the $ox bring in 30 year old+ retreads !!!!   Come on BEN, renew the interest of Red Sox NATION............  GIVE  J F  the KIDS, and let him play them !!!!   Remember 1967, Dick Williams & the KIDS  !!!!!!

Remember 2012 and the kids?

DREW, 2012 WAS DIFFERENT WITH BOBBY V. @ THE HELM......... B V was not a "builder" and he did what he had to do, that was to "TRANSFORM" & SHAKE that roster........ J F , in my OPINION, manage/blend  both KIDS & vets !!

Fair point.  I agree and disagree.  I dont think we can just throw out the fact that Iggy, Lava, and Kalish struggled badly in the majors in 2012.

I dont think they should be written off and forgotten about; however, I do think its fair to say that they were given a chance and did not capitalize.

I dont think the decision to bring in proven MLB players was a bad one, considering that the three internal options were given a chance to show that they were ready to be MLB players and didnt.

Going with kids is a risk.  Just as signing expensive veterans is.  While last year was a trainwreck, I think that it did show us the potential downside of "playing the kids."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Bill, as i see the oft-maligned off-season strategy of signing less-than-front-line-platoon-type veterans, it allows for what you want without having to rush these kids into service.  We saw what happened with that last year.  But, at any point that Bradley, Iggy, Lava are ready, it will be no problem.  There will be no having to jettison-youk-to-get-wmb time situation.  gomes, drew and victorino can sit, move around, platoon, whatever, and it is no problem.  no ego, no contract issue (yes, they are getting paid handsomely, but not handsomely or lengthily enough to feel stuck with playing them).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank N Stein. Show Frank N Stein's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

The poor fans who call themselves "Red Sox Nation" are mostlt sheep who will turn on the game no matter what....last year proved that. If 90% if Red Sox Nation would ignore the team for awhile, maybe the management would concentrate on building a winner. But, we are stupid, we continue to watch a team with a $175 mi. payroll play worse than a small market cheapskate team like Oakland.

Are you saying you didn't watch before 2004, because the Sox didn't "build a winner"?

There's a name for fans like that too...

I've been a fan since the late 60s. 

The term "winner" does not refer only to teams that win it all.

In my mind many Red Sox  teams were "winners" , they just didn't win the whole thing. The 1967 and 1975 Red Sox were winners....many other seasons the team fell short but still earned our respect for giving everything they had. That is what I consider a winner.

If you are insinuating that I am a fair weather fan because I am embarrassed by the ownership, think again. I hate the owners, but I still follow the team and hope the players can overcome the stupidity of the people who are calling the shots upstairs.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I hate the owners, but I still follow the team and hope the players can overcome the stupidity of the people who are calling the shots upstairs.

I think that's a Catch-22.  If the team is good enough to 'overcome the stupidity of the people upstairs', maybe the people who signed the players aren't that stupid.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

To be honest, right now I'm not that unhappy.  Dumping Beckett, et al, was the right thing to do. 

The new guys ain't stars, that's for sure, but I'm willing to be patient.  Napoli just might be a good hitter.  Victorino is not worth the money, but still a plus.  Catching looks OK.  So does Drew at SS.  Gomes in LF I definitely don't like, but am hoping he is a placeholder for Bradley. 

I was all for renewing Ortiz's contract and now think that just might have been a mistake.  Pedroia and Middlebrooks should be good, and maybe Ellsbury, although I seriously doubt he can repeat anything like 2011. 

Abraham has a nice piece on the pitcher, Webster, who came from the Dodgers.  None of the starters except Doubront are looking bad, so I'm encouraged there.  Hanranhan scares me, but it's early.  Miller looks good.  Maybe Bard too. 

I'm hoping for a winning season, wild as that sounds.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

Bill, as i see the oft-maligned off-season strategy of signing less-than-front-line-platoon-type veterans, it allows for what you want without having to rush these kids into service.  We saw what happened with that last year.  But, at any point that Bradley, Iggy, Lava are ready, it will be no problem.  There will be no having to jettison-youk-to-get-wmb time situation.  gomes, drew and victorino can sit, move around, platoon, whatever, and it is no problem.  no ego, no contract issue (yes, they are getting paid handsomely, but not handsomely or lengthily enough to feel stuck with playing them).

Space,   And funny things happen in S T ......   Lets just say, that if Papi is not ready @ the bell, then OPPORTUNITY knocks...........   This could be the spring when a couple/few  KIDS with a good spring might get that shot !!!

Hey, thats usually how it happens Bill.  And don't get me twisted.  I do tend to err on the side of caution with youngstas.  but i love this crop of kids and i love what they are doing in camp.  If there is a door cracked and someone kicks it open (see Middlebrooks 2012), I love it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

hahaha.

the nation has spoken.  you can be a true Patriot and support the administration or you can continue to complain and try to make things worse and try and divide our country further.  a real American would never do that. 

what is dow currently at or more importantly when was the djia the highest ever?

how many airplanes have flown into buildings on American soil by terrorists in the last 5 years?

Wow...I dont want to get political but you really need to read behind the facts of Liberal talking  points.....just from a factual standpoint....the unemploment rate has not fallen for 36 straight months...just 6 months ago it went from 7.8 % to 7.9%...then back to 7.8 % and then last month to 7.7%.....more importantly the unemploment rate is based upon whether or not people say they are looking for work,,,,if discourage workers give up looking they arent counted....point of fact, there are less people working today then when Obama first took office. ,,,,,,secondly....no...we havent had anyone fly into buildings in the last 12 years.....but we did lose an American Ambassodor to terrorism for the first time in decades....as for the DJIA, as someone who works on Wall Street....trust me that is a bad indicator of the economy....the DJIA is up becuase companies are reporting larger profits.....they are doing this despite most reporting lower revenues, which means the profit are coming because they have cut costs....but a) not hiring.......b)cutting benefits and bonuses....c) moving jobs overseas.....and since costs for all firms just increased when the payroll tax holiday ended and will increase even further with new regulations and will increase even further with the known costs associated with the new healthcare law and will increase even further with the "tax loopholes" closing Obama is insisting on in the Sequester negotiations.....without economic growth(the GDP growth rate is half what it should be in a normal recovery).....how will they keep those profits??? Cut more jobs.....take away more benefits....not a promising picture......ok back to baseball.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

When did Oscar Robertson buy an insurance company?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

hahaha.

Wow...I dont want to get political but you really need to read behind the facts of Liberal talking  points.....just from a factual standpoint....the unemploment rate has not fallen for 36 straight months...just 6 months ago it went from 7.8 % to 7.9%...then back to 7.8 % and then last month to 7.7%.....more importantly the unemploment rate is based upon whether or not people say they are looking for work,,,,if discourage workers give up looking they arent counted....point of fact, there are less people working today then when Obama first took office. ,,,,,,secondly....no...we havent had anyone fly into buildings in the last 12 years.....but we did lose an American Ambassodor to terrorism for the first time in decades....as for the DJIA, as someone who works on Wall Street....trust me that is a bad indicator of the economy....the DJIA is up becuase companies are reporting larger profits.....they are doing this despite most reporting lower revenues, which means the profit are coming because they have cut costs....but a) not hiring.......b)cutting benefits and bonuses....c) moving jobs overseas.....and since costs for all firms just increased when the payroll tax holiday ended and will increase even further with new regulations and will increase even further with the known costs associated with the new healthcare law and will increase even further with the "tax loopholes" closing Obama is insisting on in the Sequester negotiations.....without economic growth(the GDP growth rate is half what it should be in a normal recovery).....how will they keep those profits??? Cut more jobs.....take away more benefits....not a promising picture......ok back to baseball.

Too bad W wasn't still running the country

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts