Red Sox 19-20 since the trade deadline...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Red Sox 19-20 since the trade deadline...

... matching their 19-20 record in the first 39 games to open the season.

In between, the Red Sox had a sterling record of 47-20 (.701). The Sox need to finish 15-2 to reach the 100-win milestone.

It has been a season of streaks. The Red Sox could still be a World Series contender in the likely event the Sox advance to the postseason.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

Re: Red Sox 19-20 since the trade deadline...

In Response to Red Sox 19-20 since the trade deadline...:
    [QUOTE]... matching their 19-20 record in the first 39 games to open the season. In between, the Red Sox have a sterling 47-20 (.701) record. The Sox need to finish 15-2 to attain the 100-win milestone. It has been a season of streaks. The Red Sox could still be a World Series contender in the likely event the Sox advance to the postseason.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Very interesting stat..so we should be due for another streak..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

They lost their #3 starter. They lost their #5 starter. And their #4 starter has been horrible to the point where if he gives up 4 runs in 5 innings it's considered a good day for him....I'm glad they got Bedard, but I don't see why they didn't take Harden to. It would have cost them a guy who has no future in Boston and a player to be named later. 

I'm not being unrealistic, or thinking they should have upgraded to an All Star RF or SS, or both, but seeing as how they lost 3 of their 5 starters are either hurt/unreliable, adding more than 1 arm (who was a bit of a risk himself) doesn't seem out of the question...Bedard's had some good starts, I'm not ragging on him, I just don't think he's enough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]... matching their 19-20 record in the first 39 games to open the season. In between, the Red Sox had a sterling record of 47-20 (.701). The Sox need to finish 15-2 to reach the 100-win milestone. It has been a season of streaks. The Red Sox could still be a World Series contender in the likely event the Sox advance to the postseason.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Isn't that stat a little misrepresented because aren't they like 3-10 in their last 13? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox 19-20 since the trade deadline...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Red Sox 19-20 since the trade deadline... : Isn't that stat a little misrepresented because aren't they like 3-10 in their last 13? 
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]
    Larger samples are preferred over smaller samples.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]They lost their #3 starter. They lost their #5 starter. And their #4 starter has been horrible to the point where if he gives up 4 runs in 5 innings it's considered a good day for him....I'm glad they got Bedard, but I don't see why they didn't take Harden to. It would have cost them a guy who has no future in Boston and a player to be named later.  I'm not being unrealistic, or thinking they should have upgraded to an All Star RF or SS, or both, but seeing as how they lost 3 of their 5 starters are either hurt/unreliable, adding more than 1 arm (who was a bit of a risk himself) doesn't seem out of the question...Bedard's had some good starts, I'm not ragging on him, I just don't think he's enough.
    Posted by Modano09[/QUOTE]

Just curious, I don't know that they were looking for 2 starters. Your right though, if they had taken both it would have been huge. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox 19-20 since the trade deadline... : Larger samples are preferred over smaller samples.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Noted.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox 19-20 since the trade deadline... : Noted.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]
    And disclosure of sample size is needed to provide context.Smile

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

So if we've learned anything in the last two weeks it's that you can't have enough pitching...

Today's game with Lester might be the biggest game of the year and one that could help propel him from one of the best in the league to one of the best big game pitcher's in the game. Something to date he has yet to establish...We don't need a quality start we need 8 zeros, circa Schilling, Pedro and Beckett of 07 and then hand the ball to Papelbon!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]... matching their 19-20 record in the first 39 games to open the season. In between, the Red Sox had a sterling record of 47-20 (.701). The Sox need to finish 15-2 to reach the 100-win milestone. It has been a season of streaks. The Red Sox could still be a World Series contender in the likely event the Sox advance to the postseason.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Their recent stretch has been tough to watch, your sample size is misleading because if you subtract their 3-10 record, before that stretch they were 16-10 and looked to be in control...perhaps the toughest part is that we've coughed up some leads late...Bard and Aceves in particular have struggled of late..."is it fumes" or have they simply just hit a wall...

Today is a big game and if we win it, that'll put the pressure back on the Ray's and the Yank's losing 4 straight has made the final few weeks interesting...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Red Sox 19-20 since the trade deadline... : Very interesting stat..so we should be due for another streak..
    Posted by BS10FAN[/QUOTE]

Not with the pitching staff as presently constructed.    It's Lester and ?

Bard is coming apart at the seams and further weakening the bullpen.

Will need a ton of luck or it's an early playoff exit.