Red Sox 2011 World Series Champions: A Love Letter To Their Fans

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: Red Sox 2011 World Series Champions: A Love Letter To Their Fans

In Response to Red Sox 2011 World Series Champions: A Love Letter To Their Fans:
    [QUOTE]St. Louis: The image of a golden trophy beamed around the world. This was Game 7 of the World Series, a 6-2 victory for the Boston   Red Sox, the 3 rd championship for this highly successful American League franchise since 2004. Owner John Henry and MVP of the World Series, Carl Crawford, lifted the World Series trophy with jubilation. Henry said,” Carl is like a son to me. I wanted Carl in a Red Sox uniform for years. And when he became a free agent, I told Theo to go get him no matter what it costs.” In the champagne celebration, GM Theo Epstein toasted Larry Lucchino, team President, saying “Larry is like a father to me, 100% supportive of all my moves.” Winning pitcher Josh Beckett refrained from any drinking during the celebration. Beckett said, “ I never drink alcohol. I am in training 12 months a year. I am grateful to ownership for their trust by rewarding me with an extremely generous contract and to the Sox fans who I love.” Winning manager Terry Francona talked about his teams insatiable desire to compete . Francona said his team never quit. “During good times and bad times this team stuck together, always encouraging each other.” He said he was very proud of this team. The compliments were returned by ownership. John Henry said that “Terry is an inspirational leader and as far as he is concerned he has life tenure as manager.” Veteran pitcher Tim Wakefield said "what impressed him most about his teammates was the fact that they sacrificed their own personal goals for the team.”
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Here's your love letter.Seven years ago totally different team.That team didn't quit, 2011 did. Whats your point.??For whatever was said was for that team not 2011 team.Save your love letter for 2018 team and tell us what 2011 team said.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Some people just don't know how to move on!!

2004 stop trying to be an idiot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

You are the good laugh. Thanks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox 2011 World Series Champions: A Love Letter To Their Fans:
    [QUOTE]You are the good laugh. Thanks.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Why do you keep posting your portait all over the forum? Your ugly, please stop.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

First: 4/13/2011
    Last: 10/29/2011
    S5 I apologize for my last attack on Burrittoo. Sorry.
    I will take your advice and limit my postings to Red Sox baseball.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beat-Boston. Show Beat-Boston's posts

St Louis Cardinals 11 WS titles. Second most to NYY and most in NL.

Small to mid market town.

Great fans, great ownership, great manager, and ball players with grit.

Enjoy the celebration, Cardinal fans.

Let the truth be known.

No I am not a Yankee fan.

But I am a Cardinal fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox 2011 World Series Champions: A Love Letter To Their Fans:
    [QUOTE]Soxdog67: Where is your sense of humor? Can't we have a good laugh on this forum. Soxdog67, the hot stove season will be heating up very soon. Let's enjoy a small period of time where we can smile. I'm looking forward to a great 2012 season for the Sox. I'm not being an idiot; I'm trying to have a little fun. Smile Soxdog67, it won't hurt.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Ohhh, that was supposed to be funny?? I guess I'll have to read it again.

What's funny is that the media and some Sox fans are blowing the drinking in the clubhouse totally out of proportion, and trying to blame the September swoon on this thing and that thing.

The fact is this...the Sox collapsed in September because when the month began they thought they were a shoe-in for the playoffs and could just coast the rest of the way...by the time they realized it was slipping away it was too late to recover...and everyone on the field contributed to the end result.

Funny thing is momentum and karma have lots to do with sports results, just ask our 2010 Bruins and now the 2011 Cardinals!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I thought this OP was hilarious. Don't get what all the ruckus is about. Have a laugh and move on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

The fact is this...the Sox collapsed in September because when the month began they thought they were a shoe-in for the playoffs and could just coast the rest of the way...by the time they realized it was slipping away it was too late to recover...and everyone on the field contributed to the end result.Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

I agree with you...they quit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox 2011 World Series Champions: A Love Letter To Their Fans : The fact is this...the Sox collapsed in September because when the month began they thought they were a shoe-in for the playoffs and could just coast the rest of the way...by the time they realized it was slipping away it was too late to recover...and everyone on the field contributed to the end result.Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE] I agree with you...they quit.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

traven, this has been an issue with this team since the beginning of 2008. The  tortise/hare attitude has gotten worse and worse til it finally exploded the whole organiztion. I posted on mlb.com in 2008 that this team left the impression that all they had to do was come to the park and the other team would forfeit just b/c the mighty Red Sox showed up. They've tailed off in every season in the second half since 04. The got away with it in 07 because of the big lead and good health, and got away with it in 08, 09 because we still had the Mike Lowells of the world, but ended up in the disadvantage of wild card--which cost them. But the state of mind was still there: "we'll slip some, but pull it out just in time". Not this year, and I'm glad, because I'm sick of looking at it. It's about time this team started putting out a full effort from March 1-October 31. It's about time they came out of ST actually READY to compete, and took fitness seriously from start to finish. Say what you will about NYY, but I have NEVER seen them slack off, grow complacent or quit. They give you full effort every day. Not all the Sox players became complacent, but enough did to do the team in. There's no way to avoid saying it when you look at what happened, and I don't care what spin they try to put on it. This team got comfortable, entitled, and complacent. The collapse was historic, and I agree that this team has a lot to prove for 2012. That's one part of this that I think will work in their favor.    

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

The players that have spoken out said that they performed poorly at all aspects of the game it September. The team went into a funk on the field. Every starter had an ERA over 7, hitting, fielding, base running, and relief pitching were terrible. It happens. Why not accept that it was a total team collapse. Why is that difficult to understand? Is it fun to be reminded of it? No. I'm trying to forget it.