red sox after garza....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: red sox after garza....

If Sox don't end up getting Garza, I don't want him in the A.L. East.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: red sox after garza....:
    Spit, spit, spit, spit, spit, spit. pitch Spit, spit, spit, spit, spit, spit pitch
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover
    LOL DLW, the one guy who i think just might outspit Kenny Rogers..Tongue out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Something happens to the good, young pitchers in TB.  They pitch so much at such young age that they are spent by the time they hit 26-27, the usual starting for prime for other pitchers.

There was a lefty in TB few years ago who was nearly untouchable when he was 22, now at 26-27 he is probably out of MLB, after being DFA by Angels.

Same thing probably with Garza, and will happen in the next couple of years with Shields and Price.

TB don't protect the young arms for a productive 26-32 prime for pitchers because they cannot pay them, so they run them to ground when they are cheap at 22-25.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Something happens to the good, young pitchers in TB.  They pitch so much at such young age that they are spent by the time they hit 26-27, the usual starting for prime for other pitchers. There was a lefty in TB few years ago who was nearly untouchable when he was 22, now at 26-27 he is probably out of MLB, after being DFA by Angels. Same thing probably with Garza, and will happen in the next couple of years with Shields and Price. TB don't protect the young arms for a productive 26-32 prime for pitchers because they cannot pay them, so they run them to ground when they are cheap at 22-25.
    Posted by blingblang
    hey Bling, what's up bud?...hope all is well...it also doesn't help that in most cases when the Rays bring them up they are out there in pretty much a trial by fire, learning the ropes, trying to do their best, all while pitching in an ultra-competitive division...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

No thanks, I think people over value him based on his solid career stats against the Sox:

18 Starts, 7-4, 110 innings, 3.83 ERA

but dig a little deeper and realize he's 46-51 overall with a 4.00 ERA.

Against our main competitor, the Yanks:

11 starts, 1-4, 66 innings and a 4.48 ERA.

LAA:

4 Strats, 0-1, 23 innings, 5.87 ERA.

The only 2 teams he's done better against than the Sox are Baltimore and Toronto.

Not worth the freight, whatever it may be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1861. Show 1861's posts

The 11th Commandment: "Thou shalt not add ex-Cubs to your line up". Ref: Clement, Buckner.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Spit, spit, spit, spit, spit, spit. pitch Spit, spit, spit, spit, spit, spit pitch

This drives me crazy!  Watching him roll one together, then hock it over and over is disgusting.  Pass!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

to high of an asking price, unless that asking price is Lackey, which is fine by me. The Cubs want a major league ready pitcher (aka Andrew Miller), and I don't want that to happen. There are other options.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lindawitz1. Show Lindawitz1's posts

I don't think I could stand to watch his spitting on a regular basis..........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskerr. Show dskerr's posts

Only if Lackey is going back the other direction....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I couldn't handle the constant spitting !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

I don't think I could stand to watch his spitting on a regular basis..........
    Posted by Lindawitz1
    Hi Linda, how are you?..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Weiland and Reddick...

Now Garza bring your spit to Fenway...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In Response to Re: red sox after garza.... : hey Bling, what's up bud?...hope all is well...
    Posted by jete02fan

Hey Jete.  My hats off to your namesake for 3000 hits.  Classy guy, who played the game right all along, and a winner of what, 5 rings ?

It's all a business, this game of baseball.  Desperate youngsters who want to get a break sooner are willing to pitch hard to prove themselves, low budget teams like Rays want to win with the best they can get, these youngsters, before they hit FA.  I still forget that lefty from few years ago for the Rays, he was so good, but was done before hitting the prime.  Angels DFA him just last year I think.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

As opposed to us couchcoaches who:

itch, itch, itch, itch,
    spit

itch, itch, itch, itch,
    spit ...

:o)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The---Babe-. Show -The---Babe-'s posts

In Response to Re: red sox after garza.... : Hey Jete.  My hats off to your namesake for 3000 hits.  Classy guy, who played the game right all along, and a winner of what, 5 rings ? It's all a business, this game of baseball.  Desperate youngsters who want to get a break sooner are willing to pitch hard to prove themselves, low budget teams like Rays want to win with the best they can get, these youngsters, before they hit FA.  I still forget that lefty from few years ago for the Rays, he was so good, but was done before hitting the prime.  Angels DFA him just last year I think.

Posted by blingblang

I think you mean kazmir.........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i think garza would be a good fit for the sox. looking at the pitchers who could be available he would likely be the best of the lot. I think it would depend on the cost. I would not give up a huge amount for him. Maybe someone like kyle weiland or felix doubront. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Can we send Dice-K and Ben Affleck to the Cubs for Garza?  LOL
    Posted by Ice-Cream

Add Matt Damon and it's a deal!

Sections
Shortcuts