*RED SOX & ADRIAN GONZALEZ AGREE ON 7 YR 154 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT*

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: *RED SOX & ADRIAN GONZALEZ AGREE ON 7 YR 154 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT*

"Fact: The package itself is a rental package for a player like AGon. It's so weak that it's almost laughable."

Something is going to have to give. He has been bashing Theo for being an idiot, and now Theo just made a "laughable" steal from the Padres (in his mind).

The fact is the deal the Pades got for AGon was about in line with what to expect for a extended/signed Gonzalez.

Before the season was over, I said SD would trade Gonzalez this winter and that the ticket sales argument was sham since the fans knew he was going to be gone anyways. I said the dea the Sox could offer and get him would be Kelly, Rizzo and Bowden and that he'd sign for about Tex money. Softy still will say I was wrong and he was right.

He clearly said the chances were 0-50 he'd be dealt this winter. We all calledhim out and askedhim to take astand one way or another. I jokingly said I'd take 51%, and he never got off the fence until the deal was close to being anounced. Then he got himself banned anderased, and lied wih his 100% to be traded, but 50-50 to the Sox. He's a pretender, always has been, and is now pretending to not be softy in the disguise of GM. His clown logic is one of a kind and as strong as ever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I think (though I rail against salaries in general) that this is a solid deal - WE HAVE OUR MAN!

While the Crawford contract has a good chance of proving ill, this deal is all bank.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I agree, even though first basemen are plentiful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Here is something shut up Softy:
     Adrian Gonzalez - BOS

Red Sox signed 1B Adrian Gonzalez to a seven-year, $154 million contract extension.
    The deal was agreed upon back in December, but the announcement of it was delayed into the season in order for the Red Sox to save some money under the MLB's luxury tax. A-Gone will get a $6 million signing bonus in addition to $21 million annually from 2012-2016, and $21.5 million in 2017 and 2018. The average annual salary of $22 million is the eighth-highest deal for active players in the game today. The deal also contains a partial no-trade clause. Gonzalez is batting .268/.362/.439 with one home run in his first 11 games as a member of the Red Sox.
    Source: CSN NE Apr. 15 - 8:10 am et

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOU-KILL-US20. Show YOU-KILL-US20's posts

how about earning it now......................

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Re: *RED SOX & ADRIAN GONZALEZ AGREE ON 7 YR 154 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT*:
    [QUOTE]At this point in time, I am a little tentative about these huge contracts.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I agree.

This is the worst team money can buy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yup - but at least guys like Buck and AGone may be able to play better now that they won't have to worry about where their next meal will come from!  Pathetic.  These guys were are already set for life no matter how you slice it!!!!!  I'd kill to get paid the league minimum and automatically qualify for baseball's pension - and I don't even know what a pension is!  lol

Yes, get whatever money you can.  But when the writers etc say "now they can relax" is disgusting to me......They are highly paid and should perform regardless.  Most of us, if we don't perform every week, we may not be able to make our next mortgage payment.  But we keep on funding the "Worst Team that Money can buy" !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

can't argue with that mitch

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Welcome back RAME.
    I figured you'd want a front row seat seeing Sybil Softlaw/BaseballGM transition.
    It beats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN4Di8DEPf8&feature=related

Touching on the Pedro/Gerbil raging bull incident, it was assumed Pedro was indicating "head-hunter"in his reference to Zim just prior to the attach.

Did Pedro ever admit to this? I mean, it could also have meant: "Man. You loco!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormcrow7878. Show stormcrow7878's posts

Bill Lee is an anti-American communist jerk.

Sections
Shortcuts