Red Sox and Yankees rivalry....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Red Sox and Yankees rivalry....

Well, I'm outta here for the night. Say what you will when I leave the room. But anyway, I've turned up the temperature on the rivalry with this thread. My work here is done. Bring in the trolls, got things to do! Evening all....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Like I posted the other day, the Yankees are on a similar curve to the Red Sox, only a couple years behind 

LOL, the Yanks made it to the second round of the playoffs last year, when is the last time bosox have done that?

[/QUOTE]

PS...Neat trick there babe. You know, how you cut off the reasoning of what I said and just posted the bare statement so you could laugh at it? NY made it to the second round last year thanks to a lame and very lucky Baltimore team getting in, but everyone and their dog knew they were completely overmatched and were going to get smoked by Detroit--which they did. Throw big time money at your aging team, or you're going to be looking up at Toronto, Tampa and Baltimore for a while. Anyway, I'm gone my friend, post what you will, I won't be here to read it. Got things to do......

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Well, I'm outta here for the night. Say what you will when I leave the room. But anyway, I've turned up the temperature on the rivalry with this thread. My work here is done. Bring in the trolls, got things to do! Evening all....

what about apologizing to carnie 4 calling him a nyyfan

sure I don't think it's insulting but he might

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

This type of thread is the domain of Smiley.  You have to be silly and shameless and just cut and run when the Yanks start bloviating.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Like I posted the other day, the Yankees are on a similar curve to the Red Sox, only a couple years behind because some of their signings panned out better--ie--Sabathia instead of Lackey and etc. I don't see where NY has a whole lot this year that's what I'd call scary. Other than an aging and overworked Sabathia your rotation is questionable, and other than Cano so is your lineup. Tiexiera has been regressing, Jeter is old as dirt, Arod is out most likely for the year, and who's in your pen? An 80 year old Rivera? Maybe Roberston, but not much else. The only thing that might keep NY from bottoming out is that they simply have more money to throw at the problems, but Stienbrenner and Cashman will be less likely to go that route than they have been in years past. In a couple years I might ask you the same question about the Yankees "since 09", and get a similar answer to the one you are trying to get from me.

[/QUOTE]

I haven't even begun to bloviate sheriff ;-)

yet they deleted my post already

just said that  I agreed about hardtimes coming to yankeeland

but that it had nothing to do with the topic

which  exam was so concerned that we stayed strictly on topic of the OP

just minutes ago

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

just minutes ago

Very strange how they pick what to delete.

Earlier on another thread when another poster claimed that battle against PED use in MLB was very winnable. I asked the poster if he also believed in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

They chose to delete that.

They're just trying to convince someone they're doing something. Now THIS post may get deleted.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Very strange how they pick what to delete.

Earlier on another thread when another poster claimed that battle against PED use in MLB was very winnable. I asked the poster if he also believed in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

They chose to delete that.

[/QUOTE]

what no easter bunny !!!

very unfair strange indeed

I should admit that I harmlessly turned exams shot around on him

but his post is still there

And it's interesting that only Yankees fans are having trouble understanding this

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Like I posted the other day, the Yankees are on a similar curve to the Red Sox, only a couple years behind because some of their signings panned out better--ie--Sabathia instead of Lackey and etc. I don't see where NY has a whole lot this year that's what I'd call scary. Other than an aging and overworked Sabathia your rotation is questionable, and other than Cano so is your lineup. Tiexiera has been regressing, Jeter is old as dirt, Arod is out most likely for the year, and who's in your pen? An 80 year old Rivera? Maybe Roberston, but not much else. The only thing that might keep NY from bottoming out is that they simply have more money to throw at the problems, but Stienbrenner and Cashman will be less likely to go that route than they have been in years past. In a couple years I might ask you the same question about the Yankees "since 09", and get a similar answer to the one you are trying to get from me.

just minutes ago

[/QUOTE]

It's the revenge of Smiley, who incognito (he put on a shirt), volunteered for the job of board moderator.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

It's official.

Youkface020613_crop_exact

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

My gosh, whatever happened to poor kimsaysthis?  For her not to be participating in the fun here is sad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

what about apologizing to carnie 4 calling him a nyyfan

sure I don't think it's insulting but he might

pike's been calling me a closet nyy fan since I first started posting here. :-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

It's official.

Youkface020613_crop_exact

It must be nice to be Tom Brady's brother-in-law.   I bet he gets season tickets to Patriots games.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Even in the years the Sox weren't very good, the rivalry was alive and kicking - primarily because the egos of the Yankee fans are so big, that winning championships wasn't enough - they had to have the best player to go along with those rings, and the Sox always seemed to stand in their way.

Jeter vs Nomar, Boggs vs Mattingly, Munson vs Fisk, DiMaggio vs Williams - the Yankees always wound up with the short end of the stick.  They just had a really hard time accepting that a city with 5% of NYC population always laid claim to the players best in the game.

Sad, really.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

Even in the years the Sox weren't very good, the rivalry was alive and kicking - primarily because the egos of the Yankee fans are so big, that winning championships wasn't enough - they had to have the best player to go along with those rings, and the Sox always seemed to stand in their way.

Jeter vs Nomar, Boggs vs Mattingly, Munson vs Fisk, DiMaggio vs Williams - the Yankees always wound up with the short end of the stick.  They just had a really hard time accepting that a city with 5% of NYC population always laid claim to the players best in the game.

Sad, really.

RUKIdding me? I have never, ever, heard a NYY fan complain about this. You only wish. What's sad is the obsession with the NYY by RSN, and your post in general. Until 2004, this was the most lopsided rivalry in sports, just ask Shaughnessy & Ryan. As far as the player comparisons, they're beyond laughable, although I'll give you Boggs in part due to Mattingly's back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Flattiehater's comment:

All it's going to take to bring back the rivalry is for one team or the other to throw at the opposing players, a cleat high slide into either home or second, or a good old fashioned bench clearing brawl with fists a'flying. I recommend all three.

That would happen with any 2 teams, and given they're all MLBPA buddies protecting each other's PED pocked hides, much less likely than it used to be.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

There will not be much of a Red Sox/Yankees rivalry in 2013. 

The AL East is now a five-team race. 

All five teams in the AL East will be beating each other up. 

Even teams like the Royals and Mariners have gotten better. 

I wish the Red Sox can play the Twins or Astros 18 times this year.  LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

A few years ago, going to Yankee stadium (with my Schilling jersey on) was like going to Iran or North Korea carrying the American flag.  LOL

It's not a comfortable feeling taking the subway and seeing scores of Yankee fans staring at you and ready to verbally harrass you.  LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

All it's going to take to bring back the rivalry is for one team or the other to throw at the opposing players, a cleat high slide into either home or second, or a good old fashioned bench clearing brawl with fists a'flying. I recommend all three.

That would happen with any 2 teams, and given they're all MLBPA buddies protecting each other's PED pocked hides, much less likely than it used to be.

True. But all we need are a player from each team that just don't like each other even though it would be much better if both teams hated each other. Love is the worst thing for baseball. Maybe it will happen after Papi and Jete retire. To dream.

I don't see it. I'm guessing Jeter dislikes ARod more than anybody on the Red Sox. In fact, in a recent RS-NYY game (2011, I believe, when Youk was still on the RS), Youk got plunked, then Jeter a couple of innings later. When Jete got to 1st Base, he said to Youk in a good natured way, FY (or something similar) , and Youk cracked up, like buddies would, Speaking of, I wonder if Brady, his brother-in-law, and brother-in-law's new teammate watched the SB together; here's saying probably. (Recall, on NFL.com, when they were counting down the 100 greatest, a sports or entertainment figure gave commentary for each player; when it was Brady's turn, it was Jeter who gave the commentary, FWIW)

Sections
Shortcuts