Red Sox Announce Wakefield Extension: 2 years and 10 million

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

Red Sox Announce Wakefield Extension: 2 years and 10 million

They didn't want to risk having the Yankees sign him as a FA. With how well he's been pitching, he is currently in high demand. Ron Washington is expected to name Wakefield to his 2nd All-Star game because of his sterliing WHIP, which has gone under the radar by the average ignorant fan. Wakefield has been one of the best #6 starters in MLB history, and it's nice to see Theo show some appreciation for what he's meant to the world and the city of Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: Red Sox Announce Wakefield Extension: 2 years and 10 million

sounds like a reasonable deal

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

congratulations to wake.  couldn't happen to a nice guy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Announce Wakefield Extension: 2 years and 10 million:
    [QUOTE]congratulations to wake.  couldn't happen to a nice guy
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]
    good eve CYDI

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Red Sox Announce Wakefield Extension: 2 years and 10 million:
    [QUOTE]They didn't want to risk having the Yankees sign him as a FA. With how well he's been pitching, he is currently in high demand. Ron Washington is expected to name Wakefield to his 2nd All-Star game because of his sterliing WHIP, which has gone under the radar by the average ignorant fan. Wakefield has been one of the best #6 starters in MLB history, and it's nice to see Theo show some appreciation for what he's meant to the world and the city of Boston.
    Posted by redsoxcorpseman[/QUOTE]

When it comes down to it Wakefield is still one of the best 6th men in Baseball.  A great competitor, teammate and role model.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

bp, great to see you again here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

hopefully you can bring some sanity to this site.  camel toe and nh are on the loose again with giberish and nonsense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

yes they are excited about last eve game but;

Brewers are 29-11at home and 15-25 on the road 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

they always miss the facts don't they

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

facts are clear, yanks get luck breaks but it will even out. they can only defy gravity so long

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

lool out below

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

I see no news on an actual Wastefield extention. Leave it to a cheerleader to try and sway the masses in support of the old man. If he does get an extension, he will be paid in potato salad, not millions of dollars.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Announce Wakefield Extension: 2 years and 10 million:
    [QUOTE]yes they are excited about last eve game but; Brewers are 29-11at home and 15-25 on the road 
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

Sox really took care of the Padres and Pirates!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

[QUOTE]I see no news on an actual Wastefield extention. Leave it to a cheerleader to try and sway the masses in support of the old man. If he does get an extension, he will be paid in potato salad, not millions of dollars.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw[/QUOTE]
    ===============================================================
      A plate of potato salad is worth alot more than your thousands of posts put together.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Wakefield: nearly 200 wins at 50 mil.
    Dice: 49 wins at 50 mil.  Plus 51 mil more for having the privilege of talking to him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]they always miss the facts don't they
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

If Milwood's still a Yankee, you're right.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Is this a prediction like the Mauer at $17M/year call?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

[QUOTE]Is this a prediction like the Mauer at $17M/year call?
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]
    That poster's prediction was much like Obama's prediction for "hope and change." I stand by my position that Wastefield will be DFA well before he can sniff another contract extension, or else it will be Theo's last move.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Announce Wakefield Extension: 2 years and 10 million : That poster's prediction was much like Obama's prediction for "hope and change." I stand by my position that Wastefield will be DFA well before he can sniff another contract extension, or else it will be Theo's last move.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw

Sounds like a threat.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Announce Wakefield Extension: 2 years and 10 million : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Announce Wakefield Extension: 2 years and 10 million : That poster's prediction was much like Obama's prediction for "hope and change." I stand by my position that Wastefield will be DFA well before he can sniff another contract extension, or else it will be Theo's last move. Posted by bettersoftthanlaw Sounds like a threat.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I don't see Theo having the same fate as John Lennon. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

That could depend on Softlaw's intentions.
    Law may also be hiding out in South America.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I stand by my position that Wastefield will be DFA well before he can sniff another contract extension, or else it will be Theo's last move.

Are you also standing by these Wake positions you had recently:

1) Wake has had a high BB/9 rate the last few years.
    2) Wake has had a high WHIP the last few years.
    3) Wake would fail miserably as a starter in 2011.
    4) Wake can not handle a regular rotation for more than 4 starts.
    5) Wake can not field his position well anymore.
    6) Wake allows too many SBs. (3 of 5 attempts this year).
    7) Wake will get hurt with repeated starts (It's been 7 straight).
    8) Wake could easily be replaced by any scrap heap pitcher or even Wally.
    9) Wake's belly is larger than Papi's.
    10) Wake would break down at age 41.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

[QUOTE]I stand by my position that Wastefield will be DFA well before he can sniff another contract extension, or else it will be Theo's last move. Are you also standing by these Wake positions you had recently: 1) Wake has had a high BB/9 rate the last few years. 2) Wake has had a high WHIP the last few years. 3) Wake would fail miserably as a starter in 2011. 4) Wake can not handle a regular rotation for more than 4 starts. 5) Wake can not field his position well anymore. 6) Wake allows too many SBs. (3 of 5 attempts this year). 7) Wake will get hurt with repeated starts (It's been 7 straight). 8) Wake could easily be replaced by any scrap heap pitcher or even Wally. 9) Wake's belly is larger than Papi's. 10) Wake would break down at age 41.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]
    There's still half a season to play. Or not play, in Wastefield's case. Need to look at the big picture, instead of focusing on your arbitrary time frames.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I heard the Sox had been offered a deal by the Mets asking for Wakefield and Lowrie for Carlos Beltran and Jose Reyes.. the Red Sox then researched the forum here and saw they might face a huge public backlash if such a deal were made. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

[QUOTE]I heard the Sox had been offered a deal by the Mets asking for Wakefield and Lowrie for Carlos Beltran and Jose Reyes.. the Red Sox then researched the forum here and saw they might face a huge public backlash if such a deal were made. 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
    That seems plausible, as it would explain all of Theo's moves over the past few years. Trying to appease the sheep instead of making the "difficult" and unpopular moves that will actually help the team.

Sections
Shortcuts