Red Sox Are A Mess?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

Red Sox Are A Mess?

Was it not around the ALL Star break that Tom Werner said something to the effect of: "We made mistakes. Maybe we should have signed Nelson Cruz."  Another DH in our lineup sure. Sox then move Xander from SS to 3b and sign Drew. Now they going to get rid of their ace and except the young pitchers to develop with no ace around them which means lots of pressure and not a good way to develop youth. Red Sox need someone in the front office who has an eye for talent and will take charge!

Yes, I am against giving players over the age of 30 long term deals. However, the Red Sox have $$$ and not like they have players making lots of big $$$. Besides if you are going to go young you need an ace veteran SP to build around. If no ace to build around then except the next few seasons to be under .500

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Red Sox Are A Mess?

They're not a mess.  But it looks like they are caught between Ben taking over and Larry interfering, and Larry being to soft to make hard decisions, for fear of being criticized.

1-Trade Lester, Koji, Miller for real prospects.

2-Extend Lackey for two years.

3-Re-sign Lester, Koji, and Miller for market value.

4-Use the prospects received from Lester, Koji and Miller to trade for Stanton, assuming we get a top-20, a top-75, and a top-100.

Even if you spend $24M, $10M, $5M, and another $15M for Stanton, and $24M/2 for Lackey, amortized over 3 years, we're still only at $140M.

It's a matter of willpower and cajones.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Well, if we can't beat Buehrle, who can we beat?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They're not a mess.  But it looks like they are caught between Ben taking over and Larry interfering, and Larry being to soft to make hard decisions, for fear of being criticized.

4-Use the prospects received from Lester, Koji and Miller to trade for Stanton, assuming we get a top-20, a top-75, and a top-100.

Even if you spend $24M, $10M, $5M, and another $15M for Stanton, and $24M/2 for Lackey, amortized over 3 years, we're still only at $140M.

[/QUOTE]

Makes perfect sense to me, but maybe not to an owner who wants to make as much money as he can before selling the team. Just my own take on the situation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Makes perfect sense to me, but maybe not to an owner who wants to make as much money as he can before selling the team. Just my own take on the situation.

[/QUOTE]

You know  why Epstein left as GM of the Red Sox? Cause he saw there was no direction. One minute Red Sox want to rebuild the farm system. Next minute they wanna give out $100 million to Crawford but not sign their own ace; thinking they can win with all rookies in rotations with no veteran ace SP to build around.

My problem with all this is there is NO direction within the Red Sox. If you are going to go with young talent and you believe in that talent then show it. Stick with Xander at SS and let him go thru the bumps of being a youngster. Part of development is to get experience you need to be given experience.