Red Sox Are A Mess

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from therazcreation. Show therazcreation's posts

Red Sox Are A Mess

Rick Sutcliff mentioned it last night on ESPN. They Sox did not handle the development of Xander correctly. He also ripped the Sox for how they have handled other young talent. Now today they send Betts back to the minors and activate Kelly Johnson? Why? He is a veteran and this team is not going any where in 2014. WHo the hell is running things over at Fenway Park? They need to seriously grow some grapefruits!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Red Sox Are A Mess

You have a problem with Betts going down over Bradley? Oh, okay.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from therazcreation. Show therazcreation's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have a problem sending Betts down for some 30+ year old bench warmer with no upside when this team is going no place in 2014.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to therazcreation's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have a problem sending Betts down for some 30+ year old bench warmer with no upside when this team is going no place in 2014.

[/QUOTE]

Betts is a great prospect, but he is not quite ready for the major leagues. I think he would benefit by some intensive coaching while he masters hitting AAA pitching. There is no need to rush him. As you said, we are going nowhere this year.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from therazcreation. Show therazcreation's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rick Sutcliff mentioned it last night on ESPN. They Sox did not handle the development of Xander correctly. He also ripped the Sox for how they have handled other young talent. Now today they send Betts back to the minors and activate Kelly Johnson? Why? He is a veteran and this team is not going any where in 2014. WHo the hell is running things over at Fenway Park? They need to seriously grow some grapefruits!

[/QUOTE]

It's the blind squirrels leading the blind squirrels.

[/QUOTE]

I think problem is the front office nor the coaching staff have any idea how to develop young players. Hell, even the Yankees with McCarthy as their ace are playing over .500 baseball and in the wild card race. What that tell ya.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from therazcreation. Show therazcreation's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Betts is a great prospect, but he is not quite ready for the major leagues. I think he would benefit by some intensive coaching while he masters hitting AAA pitching. There is no need to rush him. As you said, we are going nowhere this year.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

[/QUOTE]

So you saying he better off at triple AAA and you mentioned coaching cause ya saying coaching in minors is better and our coaching at the majors sucks?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Does anyone know how many games Betts has left before his arbitration clock starts?  That could have A LOT to do with it. 

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

As a sidenote, today in my 10-team keeper fantasy league, my sixth-place team traded the expiring contract of Alex Rios to a contender for the retainable contract of Xander Bogaerts at the league minimum salary.

I haven't given up on Bogaerts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Confused here, Raz.  You are feeling Ricky Sutcliffe when he talks about how the Sox mishandled the kids; and now they do the right thing and get Betts back to where he can learn and develop, and you have a problem with that too?  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

"going with the kids" doesn't mean just indiscriminately bring up anyone who is young and a prospect.

A season that no longer matters is just as strong of an argument to not rush a guy as it is to rush a guy.  service time, 40 man, option years, learning a new position, development, these are all things that matter to MLB teams.

There is nothing wrong with keeping Mookie in AAA this year.  He is young, 21 years old, and last year at this time he was just in single A.  We've seen plenty of players breeze through the minors and then struggle at the MLB level.  We knock every prospect who doesn't perform well right away and then immediately forget the lessons we should have learned and just want to throw the next guy out there.

Nothing wrong with keeping Betts in Pawtucket, even to start off next year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

To go one better, why was Betts ever brought up? No reason to.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

To go one better, why was Betts ever brought up? No reason to.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

cup o coffee.  thats ok in my book.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I need a cup of vodka (alright several cups) to watch this group

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And they just sent Mookie Betts back to Pawtucket. If I were Betts I think I'd ask to be traded the hell out of here!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Serious indecision going on with the Sox - sounds like a management team that doesnt care and is getting ready to bail...

As always - 100% correct!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Zero Game Plan, geo...it's a dart board.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Two questions:

1. When is Remy either going to get a hairpiece or shave his head?

2. Who is the reporter with the hoarse, gravelly voice?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Two questions:

[/QUOTE]

I've wondered about Question #2 for some time.  I can barely understand that guy!

[object HTMLDivElement]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

I need a cup of vodka (alright several cups) to watch this group

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Solid strategy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

You've been watching this hideous team all year and you needed an outsider to tell you this club was a mess? What have you been watching?!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from therazcreation. Show therazcreation's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Serious indecision going on with the Sox - sounds like a management team that doesnt care and is getting ready to bail...

As always - 100% correct!

[/QUOTE]

Red Sox decide to go young so they demote Betts for a 30+ year old bench warmer. They moved a SS to 3b at first and then back to SS. No leadership or management skills. Sounds like some of the cpompanies I have worked for. Once worked for a company they bought over 1500 domain names and then told us all to promote them with nothing on the pages.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Two questions:

[/QUOTE]

I've wondered about Question #2 for some time.  I can barely understand that guy!

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Well, you're better off than me.  I can't understand a thing he says..  :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Cardinal broadcast just put up a sobering fact on Wainwright.  In his career, when he's given 3 runs or more, he's 100-10 (58-4 at home).