Red Sox are Done

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

Red Sox are Done

Sox lose 3 in a row after losing 10 in a row and then winning 7 in a row. Sox are now 27-32 and falling fast as they are now 8 and half games behind the Jays. The schedule gets tougher as we face the Tigers and Orioles coming up. Red Sox could be sellers soon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Red Sox are Done

In response to razcreation's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sox lose 3 in a row after losing 10 in a row and then winning 7 in a row. Sox are now 27-32 and falling fast as they are now 8 and half games behind the Jays. The schedule gets tougher as we face the Tigers and Orioles coming up. Red Sox could be sellers soon.

[/QUOTE]

They are already sellers, as of right now. Its over. But wait till 2015!

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

There's one number you can't get around: run differential.

Ours is -12.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ours is -12.

[/QUOTE]

Yankees are at .500 and their run differential is -29.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ours is -12.

[/QUOTE]

Yankees are at .500 and their run differential is -29.  

[/QUOTE]

They're lucky to be at .500.  But their negative differential has been there all year as a sign that they're not a good team.

The Yanks are 9-2 in Tanaka starts and 20-27 in other games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

7-3 in the last ten.

that's .700 ball.

jumping ship before spring turns to summer?  good riddance to you i say.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

8.5 GB in the division, 4 in the Wild Card race (albeit with about 9 teams in front of us). It doesn't look good, but I'm not ready to give up the ghost just yet.

If we're out of it in a month and a half, then it'll be time to sell, play all the kids, and get ready to be back in it in 2015. Call me a foolish optimist, or just stubborn, but I still don't think we're quite at that point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

7-3 in the last ten.

that's .700 ball.

[/QUOTE]

I'am not completely ready to write the Sox off.

Within 5 games at the AS break and you have a shot.

To date I must admit you had the Yankees pegged better than most. Me included.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

8.5 GB in the division, 4 in the Wild Card race (albeit with about 9 teams in front of us). It doesn't look good, but I'm not ready to give up the ghost just yet.

If we're out of it in a month and a half, then it'll be time to sell, play all the kids, and get ready to be back in it in 2015. Call me a foolish optimist, or just stubborn, but I still don't think we're quite at that point.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yup, there's still time.

It's not like they don't have the talent to compete.

But, they are wildly inconsistent, as the last couple of weeks have demonstrated.

They've got to start winning series, not sweeping one and getting swept the next.

Take 2-of 3 from the slumping Tigers and go from there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I hope they do something fast.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Last night was huge.  They blew it.  But look guys:  any team that continues to run Sizemore out there shows you how weak they are.  He's not only an OUT but he's an EASY OUT. 

I am so glad I turned it off once Mejica came in. 

I've been screaming for a month now - Buck, Mejica, and Sizemore HAVE GOT TO GO.  Until then, we aren't going anywhere............

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you really shocked? If anybody who knows anything ,looks at the team ,you can see a very weak team just trying to get by. So many holes to fill .So many bench players starting. Injured player aren't worth anything. Of the starting 9 only 3 players maybe 4 players should be considered starters. 3b,2nd,DH, Maybe 1st base that's it.Don't even look to the past and say we should be good.Sox should have been sellers after last season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, they'll sell the FO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

7-3 in the last ten.

that's .700 ball.

[/QUOTE]

7-13 in last 20. Can you say TITANIC?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Last night was huge.  They blew it.  But look guys:  any team that continues to run Sizemore out there shows you how weak they are.  He's not only an OUT but he's an EASY OUT. 

I've been screaming for a month now - Buck, Mejica, and Sizemore HAVE GOT TO GO.  Until then, we aren't going anywhere............

[/QUOTE]

I have to laugh. Sizemore drove in two runs. The Red Sox would have lost 4-2 in 9 instead of 7-4 in 12. Once you make up your mind you never change it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I thought the first game of the series was going to the only one the Sox won, when they lost I figure it was a swept. It was just a series of bad match ups. They played decent and even Peavy pitched all right until the 7th.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Detroit is going to bat this team around like a chew toy.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank god Farkell brought Mujica in. Who knows how long that game would have continued before the SOX lost.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank god Farkell brought Mujica in. Who knows how long that game would have continued before the SOX lost.

[/QUOTE]

LOL

Can anyone else recall the last time that Sizemore knocked in a run?  Remember how Farrell talked about using him in the 5 hole.  The 5 hole.  I remember his HR on opening day and he drove in runs against a yankee win in early April.  Other than that I think it's been a month now. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Still going to watch them, they aren't done until the math says so.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll still watch but I won't be watching any more Clay Buchholtz starts and when Mejica comes in, I go to bed!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

When Sizemore was up w/ no men out and runner on 2b I was screaming for him to bunt.  I know, in the Major League with a man on 2b and no men out you have a chance to score the man who is already in scoring position OR move him over on a ground ball or even a deep fly.  But this is LADY GRADY and he ain't a major leaguer.  In that situation LADY GRADY needs to get that runner over by laying one down.  If LADY GRADY could have at least one of his 4 or 5 OUTS PER GAME be a productive one, then at this point in time, I'll gladly take it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

realistically doing something now would be a panic move, at least in terms of trading for someone.  It's a sellers market right now, even more so now in the beginning of June than it is at the end of July.

I'd rather stink for the rest of this year, than mortgage the future by overpaying now to bring in 1 or 2 guys.  It's going to take more than that. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll still watch but I won't be watching any more Clay Buchholtz starts and when Mejica comes in, I go to bed!

[/QUOTE]

I don't think you have to worry about Clay.  I think he has the Manny syndrome what is that minor league ball is an ok place to be.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think you have to worry about Clay.  I think he has the Manny syndrome what is that minor league ball is an ok place to be.

[/QUOTE]

Yup.  He got his $25 million and WSC.  He's done.  No desire to do better.

Sections
Shortcuts