Red Sox are SI's biggest turkey of 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Red Sox are SI's biggest turkey of 2011

In Response to Re: Red Sox are SI's biggest turkey of 2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox are SI's biggest turkey of 2011 : Again, if you can't bring any runs home it's not because of pitching, and it's not because of what pitchers, supposedly, were doing on their days off. Blaming everything that happened to the Sox this season on September is ridiculous anyway. I don't know if you're aware of this, but they count an entire season's wins and losses to see if you make it into the playoffs. I'd love to see your analysis of April. Unless, of course, you forgot there is a month on the calendar called "April". Many writers did. Want to tell me who IYO was responsible for that? Amazing how all that seems to have been forgotten. I bet you believe it was the consumption of beer by players not in those games, too. Am I right? I wonder if people drinking beer in the stands have an effect on the game? You should probably do an analysis of that while you're at it. lol
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Red Sox are SI's biggest turkey of 2011

I know I might be biasd an all, but shouldn't we see how the Philadelphia Eagles finish up before deciding the Red Sox were the 2011 Turkeys?  The Red Sox did have a collapse that was so historic, baseball would not see its equal for at least 25 more minutes, when the Braves completed theirs.  But both these teams missed the playoffs by one game out of 162.

What are the chances the Eagles - winners of the 2011 Pre-Season Super Bowl Media Droolfest Award - come within one win of making the post-season?