Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread

Crawford is hurt again, did anybody hear anything else on when he is coming back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Come on, Rondo, knock down the free throws! Whoops ... sorry, wrong board.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

beltre is younger too. but to be fair youk still had 2years left on his contract at the time. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]Crawford is hurt again, did anybody hear anything else on when he is coming back.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Now it's his elbow. One thing after another.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Plus Youkillis has a cheaper contract than Beltre. In response to "Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread": [QUOTE]beltre is younger too. but to be fair youk still had 2years left on his contract at the time.  Posted by isurfvb24[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

doc rivers is playing avery bradley way too much. c's were up by 19 at one point. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford is hurt again, did anybody hear anything else on when he is coming back.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Last I heard, AL, middle of May. Valentine said he needs 50 AB in Pawtucket

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I Gotta question the guys heart and confidence. He is not the sameplayer he was in Tampa. to "Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread : Now it's his elbow. One thing after another. Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

al34, it just feels good to say whenever youk kills a rally or doesnt cover 3rd in time. lol we should of kept beltre!!! lol 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]Plus Youkillis has a cheaper contract than Beltre. In response to "Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

but he is also not producing as well as beltre. ill pay the difference for a healthy more productive, better defensive thrid baseman.

hell i want mike lowell back instead of youk right now. he is playing like garbage. i really hope he breaks this slump and light it up

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I give him a pass for last year, but this year he needs to put up some numbers and field like he has played outfield before.  The Sox are stuck with Lackey and Beckett and they can't afford another bad deal on the books.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

jbay, he is the same player, just a richer one. like steve m said "take the money and run"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Thanks JBay. This team looks good one night than they look horrid. Looks like Bard did not pitch too badly either. In response to "Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread : Last I heard, AL, middle of May. Valentine said he needs 50 AB in Pawtucket Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

When is the last time this team has a SS? I cannot believe this is the team you put on the field with the payroll sox have!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

i think cc just needs to bat leadoff, ellsbury had 100+ rbi batting leadoff last year. crawford was at his best in tampa in that slot and he wreaked havoc stealing bases once he was on. if he can get back to that level and ells start swinging the bat like he did last year, a 1-2 punch of crawford ellsbury would look really good. and then we would need another cf cuz ells would want crawford money plus crawford money on top of that if he repeats what he did last year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I guess it is not exaggerating to say the Sox have absolutely  no BP.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks JBay. This team looks good one night than they look horrid. Looks like Bard did not pitch too badly either. In response to "Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Usually give players the month of April to get going. Don't doubt Crawford's heart and desire to play and play well, at all. Actually, think he's pushing too hard to get back on the field, which are resulting in the injuires. Bard did as pretty well, but think if Cook continues to do well, they call him up. Think Bard will serve the team better in the pen

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]i think cc just needs to bat leadoff, ellsbury had 100+ rbi batting leadoff last year. crawford was at his best in tampa in that slot and he wreaked havoc stealing bases once he was on. if he can get back to that level and ells start swinging the bat like he did last year, a 1-2 punch of crawford ellsbury would look really good. and then we would need another cf cuz ells would want crawford money plus crawford money on top of that if he repeats what he did last year.
    Posted by isurfvb24[/QUOTE]

actually crawford was best in the 2 hole. he said his least favorite place to hit is leadoff. the order with crawford should be

big numbah two
    crawford
    A-Gone
    the lazah show
    big papi
    youk
    ross/sweeney
    salty
    aviles

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

at this point its like you have to hope oswalt takes a 1 year deal with the sox and move bard back to the pen(closer), let aceves pitch in long relief. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Thatis going to do it for me, daughter has Badminton practice early in morning for high school. Good Night everybody. Yankees just came back from 4-1 deficit. funny hode Showalter is not managing tonights game like he was managing the last game against us in 2011. I agree that Bard is better in the pen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We may be lowering the bar a bit as to what constitutes " pitching pretty well ."  Bard went five innings and gave up five runs.  Not going to win a lot of games with that.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

[QUOTE]sugar-coat it all you want, change the line-up all you want, but the fact remains this is not a very good team.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

Truth is you speak the truth...look at this line up and this is what you expect...jays and other teams got better and Sox took a step back.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]at this point its like you have to hope oswalt takes a 1 year deal with the sox and move bard back to the pen(closer), let aceves pitch in long relief. 
    Posted by isurfvb24[/QUOTE]

not with cook coming up soon and dice-k on his way back. maybe if lester, clay or dubront get injured we go get him. but cook can take bards spot and move him back to the pen or if beckett goes on the DL he can take his spot instead and we can see how well bard develops at a starter (until dice-k gets back in june)