Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread

In Response to Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]sugar-coat it all you want, change the line-up all you want, but the fact remains this is not a very good team.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

Yeah , I mentioned before that it is alarming how many mediocre veteran players we have on the roster.  We are not going to be competitive in this division with this lineup and this bullpen . 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

holy crap youk! you got lucky on that one. weak ground ball that manages to find the hole.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Dice K never scared me before he was hurt, now he is coming back from Tommy John Surgery. Cook I know pitched well in Spring Training and in Pawtucket but he is no savior. response to "Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread : not with cook coming up soon and dice-k on his way back. maybe if lester, clay or dubront get injured we go get him. but cook can take bards spot and move him back to the pen or if beckett goes on the DL he can take his spot instead and we can see how well bard develops at a starter (until dice-k gets back in june) Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

I don't see as many threads this year about how it is still early and games don't mean anything etc, I think the smart fans look at the lineup and this is what they expect.

Me, I'm just waiting to see how long it takes for Bucket to get a blister( from opening beer of course) and miss starts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Just disappointed that this team has so many holes and the 3rd highest payroll in MLB...  It's just poor misjudgement of FA talent and a very thin minor league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

oswalt is no savior either... hes scared to pitch in the AL east. and TBH i don't think he could hack it even if he wasn't scared. who knows how long dice-k has been pitching injured and if you look at his first 2 years with us if he could return to that that would be a huge plus. Cook was great while he was with the rockies and our pitching coach is the same one who refined his mechanics to be such a great pitcher.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We are getting whipped again , but at least we are learning about tennis , the announcer's booth, Remy's routine and various other nonsensical things.  How about Don and Jerry talk about what is wrong with this team , and what could possibly done about it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]We are getting whipped again , but at least we are learning about tennis , the announcer's booth, Remy's routine and various other nonsensical things.  How about Don and Jerry talk about what is wrong with this team , and what could possibly done about it.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

why? the media and 80% of this board do a well enough job of letting us know as it is... at some point you just gotta say S T F U its only game 5!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya this team is downright pathetic. not a great start for bard, 5 runs in 5 innings. the pitching on this team is a joke at this point. the bullpen has to be one of the worst ever assembled. another 2 innings pitched so far tonight for the pen and another 2 runs. someone care to explain why justin thomas is on this team? if your going to carry an extra pitcher at least make sure its someone who is actually useful. no point in carrying some no name plug pitcher just for the sake of having another pitcher. This team is going nowhere fast. The start of this season has been very similar to that of last season and we all saw how that worked out. Time for the fo to do something about it instead of just watching this team flounder. call up lavarnway let him start, salty is pathetic he looks lost at the plate. call up iglesias and start him at short aviles to the bench as util guy. changes need to be made so we dont start 2-10 again. this team needs to learn from its mistakes not make them again and again. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

yeah but are cook and or dice-k a better option than oswalt? i think bard in the pen with aceves/melancon pitching middle releif and padilla/morales as set up men is a better option. but im just a armchair utility infielder lol. lester/beckett/clay/oswalt/doubront looks pretty good. i think its safe to say the dice-k experiment is over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]yeah but are cook and or dice-k a better option than oswalt? i think bard in the pen with aceves/melancon pitching middle releif and padilla/morales as set up men is a better option. but im just a armchair utility infielder lol. lester/beckett/clay/oswalt/doubront looks pretty good. i think its safe to say the dice-k experiment is over.
    Posted by isurfvb24[/QUOTE]

i do think dice-k and/or cook would be a MUCH MUCH better option than overpaying oswalt to get shelled in a sox uniform.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread : why? the media and 80% of this board do a well enough job of letting us know as it is... at some point you just gotta say S T F U its only game 5!!!
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

Well , only because that is their job as commentators.  Very few of the people watching this telecast are following the comments on this thread. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

well the celtics beat the heat again, and it is way to early to start discussing trades,signings, call ups, etc just fun to play gm on a message board. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread : Well , only because that is their job as commentators.  Very few of the people watching this telecast are following the comments on this thread. 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

well theres really not as many problems as you guys make it out to be. SS is a small question mark. will aviles be able to start the majority of the games there?
    will youk stay healthy? will ortiz stay consistent? will the BP be able to hold it down? will bard make a good starter?

its only the 5th game! we sstarted horrendous last season and look what happened? we lit it up for 4 months. i keep saying, its not how you start its how you finish..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

..yes and we all saw how they finished.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

aviles is a good ss no question, i dont know if youk will stay healthy and even if he does he is not the hitter he once was ( i want the old youk back! the greek god of walks youk! lol)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Dice K never scared me before he was hurt, now he is coming back from Tommy John Surgery. Cook I know pitched well in Spring Training and in Pawtucket but he is no savior. response to "Re: Red Sox @ Blue Jays: 4/10 Game Thread":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

BUT..... HOW DID HE GET HURT???

What did he do after "hurting" himself?

What did he tell the team?  .....  OUR team!

When did he tell them?

Did we hear it from overseas???

What happened the next year?

When did we hear about his injury then?

Did we hear from overseas?

&&&&&&&   How painfull is it to watch this guy slooooooooooooooow pitch!

Losing sucks!  Losing slooooooooow really sucks!

Character?   & he WON'T listen!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]..yes and we all saw how they finished.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

last i checked this is a new year with new standings. the finish line is months and months away.... lots of time to right he ship. we're certainly not far enough into the season to have a firesale.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Way too many throwaays and iffy players on this team for it take take the division let alone compete for it.I I think this team is going to struggle all year like the 1990 Mets worst team money could buy that year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Are things so FREAKING bad that we are going to start praying for a speedy return for f'n Lackey????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Comeback time!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

The Sox really need Ellsbury and Youkilis to start producing something.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

ells will get it done, youk is done

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

At least they rattled the cage before giving up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Right down the middle Papi.