Red Sox @ Yankees Game Thread, # 161

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Red Sox @ Yankees Game Thread, # 161

What complete losers. Honestly, its ridiculous. Do you have any idea the screwed up mess the Red Sox would have put the Yankees in if they hadnt ghacked this one up? Utterly pathetic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Inevitable.  Nothing else to say.  Derek Lowe gets the win.  Just one more disgusting thing in a season to forget.  Good night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Dear O's fans:

Do not expect our Red Sox to help you guys out. 

Sincerely,

A Red Sox fan who is about to puke 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

At least we get Dice K tomorrow.  Last time we get to see the gyro ball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dice-K needs to shove his so-called "gyro balls" where the sun doesn't shine. 

I bet Dice-K will pitch 2 innings and give up at least 6 runs tomorrow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Does that mean no waiving Japanese flags tomorrow night?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

NYY would have been in real trouble if they had lost this game. Also, Marty Breneman reported tonight during the Reds game that IF NYY are crowded out of the playoffs because of some sort of odd one game playoff scenario, whatever that scenario is will be retooled next year so it doesnt hapen again. I dont remember the name of the source that told him that, but Marty's statement was that if it was true its a big indictment against MLB, and I agree. I also dont have a lot of doubt that it is true.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What complete losers. Honestly, its ridiculous. Do you have any idea the screwed up mess the Red Sox would have put the Yankees in if they hadnt ghacked this one up? Utterly pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

You know what? I said way back when that the loss of Papelbon would be a killer.  Everything unraveled from there.  I never expected Bailey to hold the two run lead.  After that , it was inevitable that we would see yet another walk off loss.  Sox need to do some soul searching, starting with the G.M. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Does that mean no waiving Japanese flags tomorrow night?

[/QUOTE]

The only one waving the Japanese flag will be Dice-K's agent Scott Boras.  lol 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

That's strange, Bailey was good when he was with us. 

- Billy Beane

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, Im sure he will get through at least 1/3 of an inning--unless Aroid gets his juice and doesnt fan in the first.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

NYY would have been in real trouble if they had lost this game. Also, Marty Breneman reported tonight during the Reds game that IF NYY are crowded out of the playoffs because of some sort of odd one game playoff scenario, whatever that scenario is will be retooled next year so it doesnt hapen again. I dont remember the name of the source that told him that, but Marty's statement was that if it was true its a big indictment against MLB, and I agree. I also dont have a lot of doubt that it is true.

[/QUOTE]

That is true. And , it is not just the Yankees. Things are done for New York teams in all sports. Every major sport has their headquarters in New York. That should tell you all you need to know.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is true. And , it is not just the Yankees. Things are done for New York teams in all sports. Every major sport has their headquarters in New York. That should tell you all you need to know.

[/QUOTE]

Thats all fine and good, but no way do i see nyy having the horses to win it all. Aint gonna happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I hope he lasts 1/3 of an inning.

If he pitches a complete game - some idiot will come up with the idea to resign Dice K.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Can someone please translate this message into Japanese and forward it to Dice-K please?

Thank you.  

My message: Hey Dice-K, wake the *%^# up!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

not with the prices they are charging up in Boston. JBay by the way give me Pappelbon any day over this turkey Bailey, he stinks, and I would rather have Reddick back. Ugly loss and Mitch Williams called the Ibanez homerun B4 it happened. idiot Bailey kept on coming inside to him, that may work on the west coast, not in the AL East.

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sox are getting even with Baltimore by playing like a bunch of clowns

[/QUOTE]

Its embarrassing, and I have no idea of hiw this GM of ours is going to fix it next year.

[/QUOTE]

slow and steady rules the day, AL. If theres is a great deal out there, make it. If not pass. No need to try and do it all in one off season. 

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

I hope he lasts 1/3 of an inning.

If he pitches a complete game - some idiot will come up with the idea to resign Dice K.

[/QUOTE]

That boat sailed a long time ago, no way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Good night everyone.  :)

I'm gonna brush my teeth and then go to bed. 

P.S. Oakland is up 2-1 in the 6th inning.  They might win the AL West tomorrow. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

The A's just beat the Rangers 3-1...The thought of the Rangers in a WC game at this point is a bit mind blowing. I could not agree more with exam's comments that if the Red Sox had won this game, they would be potentially putting the Yanks in a world of hurt...I think the Orioles will come out strong and win tomorrow...The Yanks only need to beat Dice-K and they clinch best record in AL along with the division...A huge difference for the Yanks from going to Baltimore and then maybe having to play a  wild card game after that...Now looks like the O's could be duking it out with either the A's or the Rangers.....Barring a Yankee loss tomorrow...someone...either the O's, A's or Rangers, will be out of the playoffs in a few days....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Time to ignore all the other teams in the AL and focus on the loserbums called the Boston Red Sox. They need to focus internally and improve themselves before they can even think about comparing themselves to good teams in the league. Its going to be years and years and years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The A's just beat the Rangers 3-1...The thought of the Rangers in a WC game at this point is a bit mind blowing. I could not agree more with exam's comments that if the Red Sox had won this game, they would be potentially putting the Yanks in a world of hurt...I think the Orioles will come out strong and win tomorrow...The Yanks only need to beat Dice-K and they clinch best record in AL along with the division...A huge difference for the Yanks from going to Baltimore and then maybe having to play a  wild card game after that...Now looks like the O's could be duking it out with either the A's or the Rangers.....Barring a Yankee loss tomorrow...someone...either the O's, A's or Rangers, will be out of the playoffs in a few days....

[/QUOTE]

I can't believe that the A's are tied with the Rangers.  

Moneyball Part II in theaters next summer.  lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I always liked Dice-K and hoped that he had a good season this year.  That being said, I do agree with you that he probably won't be very successful tonight.  If we had a chance of winning a game in this series, it was last night's game.  I don't believe we have much of a chance of winning tonight.  Although, anything is possible. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

NYY would have been in real trouble if they had lost this game. Also, Marty Breneman reported tonight during the Reds game that IF NYY are crowded out of the playoffs because of some sort of odd one game playoff scenario, whatever that scenario is will be retooled next year so it doesnt hapen again. I dont remember the of the source that told him 

[/QUOTE]

Was it kimsaythis?? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I agree completely with you. Cherrington is incompetent look at his deals. Melacon, Bailey, Sweeney, Lillibridge, Stewart, Byrd, Carpenter who needed arm surgery, even the stupid move to save this wealthy franchise money and move Bard to the starting rotation. They ruined the kid.  They even let Reddick go which is showing to be a horrible deal.  How would his 30 homeruns look about now ?  Kalish looks like a big bust and what did Oakland see that our player development missed with Josh Reddick. Or maybe Luchinno is making the deals with Cherrington shining his boots. Both if them are pathetic but they renewed Luchinno's contract. Its going to be a long time before this team removes the stink they have all over themselves the last two years.

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You know what? I said way back when that the loss of Papelbon would be a killer.  Everything unraveled from there.  I never expected Bailey to hold the two run lead.  After that , it was inevitable that we would see yet another walk off loss.  Sox need to do some soul searching, starting with the G.M. 

[/QUOTE]

a

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Time to ignore all the other teams in the AL and focus on the loserbums called the Boston Red Sox. They need to focus internally and improve themselves before they can even think about comparing themselves to good teams in the league. Its going to be years and years and years.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, pumpsie it's an absolute disgrace the team with MLB highest payroll, fighting for their ALE lives, beat a AAAA team in extra innings, at home