Red Sox Baseball in the Days of Ike and Elvis: The Red Sox of the 1950s

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Red Sox Baseball in the Days of Ike and Elvis: The Red Sox of the 1950s

Malzone, Buddin, Runnels, Gernet/Wertz......  With the 3 Billy's, Consolo, Goodman, & Klaus !!!!!   "Those were the days my friends, we thought that they would never end"  !! Hi Neighbor, have a gansett !!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I do believe I enjoyed the Red Sox more then than now. Of course the fans now are probably the main reason why. Back then you didn't hate any team except the Yanks. Plus you just enjoyed the games it was not big business or a reason to live or die over.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"This was at a time before the Great Society was created to creat a much better society. "

Only certain angry men and delusionals would claim that America was better for everyone in the 50s. People of color couldn't even eat in most restaurants and stay in most hotels. Yeah great society. What is now recognized as child abuse was often just good old fashioned parenting. But yeah, go ahead and idealize the past. 

That said it sure was a golden era for baseball. That Williams would take a break from his career for the service and come back is almost unheard of today. Back then it was almost understood. I wasn't around to root for the Sox then but some of those guys loom large in my own history of learning about the Red Sox... Pike thanks for the tip I will pick up the book.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.