Red Sox, Bobby Valentine agree to deal Valentine is Sox manager

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Re: Red Sox, Bobby Valentine agree to deal Valentine is Sox manager

No matter who was chosen to manage, the forum will have contrarians and devil's advocates on whether Valentine was the proper choice. The forum relies on conflict, debate, and pot stirring. If one said that the Earth is round then others would be here debating that it is flat. Such is the routine drivel on an Internet forum. That is why people come here. They come here to attack, belittle, let out steam, and ridicule. A sad state of affairs and it never ends.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox, Bobby Valentine agree to deal Valentine is Sox manager:
    [QUOTE]Valentine is a poor choice. He knows everything but has accomplished nothing as a manager. Sounds like Obama !!!!!!
    Posted by TSWFAN[/QUOTE]AS DAD WOULD SAY ......  "SON, NOW THERE'S A POSTER AFTER MY OWN HEART" !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

This should ge interesting.

Good copy for the press.

We'll see about the baseball, tho.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinjin5000. Show sinjin5000's posts

I'll tell you one thing, there won't be any slacking off now, no chicken, no beer, no video games, and everyone will be on the field ,in the dug out or in the bullpen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Bobby is home!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinjin5000. Show sinjin5000's posts

I'll tell you one thing, there won't be any slacking off now, no chicken, no beer, no video games, and everyone will be on the field ,in the dug out or in the bullpen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox, Bobby Valentine agree to deal Valentine is Sox manager:
    [QUOTE]No matter who was chosen to manage, the forum will have contrarians and devil's advocates on whether Valentine was the proper choice. The forum relies on conflict, debate, and pot stirring. If one said that the Earth is round then others would be here debating that it is flat. Such is the routine drivel on an Internet forum. That is why people come here. They come here to attack, belittle, let out steam, and ridicule. A sad state of affairs and it never ends.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]
    Simple solution. Go away. You'd get your first round of applause. Don't forget your Roman collar on the way out. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I had to Google what you meant by the Roman collar reference. I am not a Catholic and have never been suppresed by their doctrine. I was merely commenting on what goes on in the forum and why it flies. It seems very simple to me why that few in the forum can control what so many others waste their time and effort on . The forum for the most part is a futile, nonsensical, unrewarding debate that signifies nothing. Why argue with someone who is just baiting you?  It is completely illogical.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Multiple sources are reporting the same story. Good now the sox can start putting this team in order. All this BS waiting to name the guy has been a waste of time. Theo,The Duke and every other GM in baseball have been setting their sites on improving their teams while the Sox have been diddling themselves for two months! Thank God Cashman and the Yankees haven't taken this opportunity to ravish the FA market while the Sox were sleeping. Now Larry butt out of Ben's way while he tries to assemble a representative ballclub!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

well......I'm not super optimistic, but I will give Valentine a shot...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]for the first time, not looking forward to the upcoming season. couldn't have made a worse choice IMO.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I know of many other Red Sox fans who didn't want to see him become the next manager. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]well......I'm not super optimistic, but I will give Valentine a shot...
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

agreed Hugh. Lou Merloni was just on Comcast sports. Said Valentine is a friend of LL, but also has misgivings about how he'll relate to the front office, players and media. dont see it-but we'll see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox, Bobby Valentine agree to deal Valentine is Sox manager : agreed Hugh. Lou Merloni was just on Comcast sports. Said Valentine is a friend of LL, but also has misgivings about how he'll relate to the front office, players and media. dont see it-but we'll see.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I don't understand this move. Valentine got it I think partly due to political reasons and pseudo reputation vs qualification. However, it's tough replacing a legend. On the plus side, he has a little Billy Martin in him. (Without the booze)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Write down the names of the above posters who are happy and then come back in August and see what they are saying. Forum posters are extremely fickle.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Valentine is a poor choice. He knows everything but has accomplished nothing as a manager. Sounds like Obama !!!!!!
    Posted by TSWFAN[/QUOTE]

Obama really?? I suppose that youre a Bush republican? And what did he do besides making a mess of everything?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox, Bobby Valentine agree to deal Valentine is Sox manager : AS DAD WOULD SAY ......  "SON, NOW THERE'S A POSTER AFTER MY OWN HEART" !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

As your Dad would say, son, youre as dumb as he is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

At first I thought Valentine was a poor choice until I actually looked at his coaching credentials.  He can manage and has won before.  I would like to see him right the ship for a year or two then bring in an up and coming manager before Bobby V wears out his welcome.  The poster who said he had accomplished nothing as a manager is vastly mistaken. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Like y'all have something important to say about "supporting him" or he's a "poor choice"...the proof will be told next October. You're dismissed...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Valentine has a creative and analytical mind, and a fresh viewpoint.  These are things this team needs.  I suppose the hesitation in hiring him had to do with trepidation over Bobby's propensity towards alienating players and fueding with the FO.  But I think they ultimately decided that the risk was worth the reward.  If he can win a WS in the next year or two, he will win over most of the naysayers.  Here's hoping he does.  After all, I don't care who is in charge or who takes credit, as long as the Sox turn it around and get to the WS again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Manager must have ability to rid the clubhouse of problems. Tito was unable to survive Inepstein and #3 hitter Crawford and Slackey, to name a few. Valentine is not any miracle worker, as GM must provide winning players. But over Lamont, he is a better choice to run certain players out of town, confronting GM if need be. Ellsbury and Lowrie are two that need to be traded out of town. Wastefield and Varitek are two who need to stay gone as FA's. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I predicted the Redox would hire a manager before spring training.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

At least this will end the "who should be hired?" posts.  Now we can complain about who they do or don't get in the FA/trade market.  This is a step up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

OK. Color me 100% behind Bobby Valentine. Let's hope the Sox can now get on with putting the championship team together for 2012.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Write down the names of the above posters who are happy and then come back in August and see what they are saying. Forum posters are extremely fickle.

Do you have ANYthing else to say other than you don't like the posters here?

Wouldn't it just make more sense for you to just go away?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]I had to Google what you meant by the Roman collar reference. I am not a Catholic and have never been suppresed by their doctrine. I was merely commenting on what goes on in the forum and why it flies. It seems very simple to me why that few in the forum can control what so many others waste their time and effort on . The forum for the most part is a futile, nonsensical, unrewarding debate that signifies nothing. Why argue with someone who is just baiting you?  It is completely illogical.
    The Roman collar was a metaphor for your priestly attitude.
    No one forces you to come here.