Red Sox Bullpen - As it stands today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Red Sox Bullpen - As it stands today

Uehara, Tazawa, Breslow, Thornton, Britton, Beato, DeLaTorre.

We need help.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Red Sox Bullpen - As it stands today

In response to ADG's comment:

We need help.

7 bullpen pitchers is a good numbers!!!  Let worry about one game at a time.  If they lose tonite, then they can thinking more of adding another player!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

We also have Steven Wright, RDLR,  and depending on a couple roster moves we have 2-3 other BP arms down there. Martin, Carter, Huntzinger and Mortensen.

No question though, the Sox will be in the market for a dependable BP arm.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i like the first 3 names you posted. All solid arms who can shut down any lineup regardless of handedness. Thronton should be our LOOGY only. unless there are 2 lefties seperated by a #9 hitter who bats .240 lmao. Britton is the best of the last 3 names. Haven't seen him in action yet but i heard good things from him down on the farm (but not on the roadways). Beato is inconsistent, probably the mop up guy. Definitely the  last guy from this list that i'd want in a tight game. DLT isn't bad either, he pitched for us a few weeks back and if my memory serves right i think he threw pretty well. I think we will make due for this series but with Bailey now on the DL we need another BP arm with MLB experience and a proven track record. Hit up the Brew Crew and trade for someone from their pen. K-rod (closer), Mike Gonzalez (RP), Tom Gorzelanny (LR/SP). Make it so ben.

I heard from God today.... and she sounded just like me.

what have i done? and who have i become?

I saw the Devil today..... and he looked a lot like me

I looked away.... I TURNED AWAYYY!

I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

right now we really need a closer and a set up man. I like jesse crain for the set up man spot (assuming he shows he is healthy prior to the deadline) and for closer either glen perkins or steve cishek. I think my preference would be perkins given that he has been lights out this year and has consistantly pitched at a high level the past 3 years as well. Also he is more familair with the AL given that he plays for the twins. That being said, i would be happy with either. we could also attempt to work out a deal with the white sox for crain and addison reed if we want to go young at closer. fill 2 needs at once. One more interesting option is francisco rodriguez. He has been great this year and has returned to his all-star form. given his familiarity with AL and his success with the angels, he could be a legit option and the price on him would likely be lower than perkins or cishek.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

right now we really need a closer and a set up man. I like jesse crain for the set up man spot (assuming he shows he is healthy prior to the deadline) and for closer either glen perkins or steve cishek. I think my preference would be perkins given that he has been lights out this year and has consistantly pitched at a high level the past 3 years as well. Also he is more familair with the AL given that he plays for the twins. That being said, i would be happy with either. we could also attempt to work out a deal with the white sox for crain and addison reed if we want to go young at closer. fill 2 needs at once. One more interesting option is francisco rodriguez. He has been great this year and has returned to his all-star form. given his familiarity with AL and his success with the angels, he could be a legit option and the price on him would likely be lower than perkins or cishek.

Uehara has been fantastic in the closer role, why on earth would the sox mess with that?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If they stay within the organization give Jose Contraeras a couple of games at Pawtucket and if he's not giving up runs, don't waste bullets on another reliever off the scrap heap let him handle the RHRP from 6,7,8 inning depending on his level of endurance. However by all means go and get Cliff Lee! By the way Jose pitched in last nights game in durham and held the Bulls hitless for an inning and 2/3's walking 2 and striking out 4. While recording a hold.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Ok, and my post that said "Workman will help, but I agree that we need more" was removed for exactly what reason?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

[QUOTE]

Uehara has been fantastic in the closer role, why on earth would the sox mess with that?

[/QUOTE]

Because of his age. Hes not likely to hold up all year either. I dont say remove him, but I think it would be wise to have another viable option now that Bailey is gone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

We need help.

Help is an understatement... Demolish and build around Kogi, maybe Tazawa... last night they barely  held a miserable yankee outfit with Cruz, Gonzalez Llibridge, Stewart et al...beware of Rays with formidable pitching and greatest manager in baseball today...Orioles too!... trade, trade trade!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:

[QUOTE]

We need help.

Help is an understatement... Demolish and build around Kogi, maybe Tazawa... last night they barely  held a miserable yankee outfit with Cruz, Gonzalez Llibridge, Stewart et al...beware of Rays with formidable pitching and greatest manager in baseball today...Orioles too!... trade, trade trade!

[/QUOTE]

Over all I agree, but the pen didnt give up anything last night and Tampa Bay isnt exactly murderers row. Theyre known more for their pitching. The Sox could patch things together til Friday. The Orioles, however, have more hitters. The pen could be exposed there, on that youre right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to Javi60's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We need help.

[/QUOTE]

Over all I agree, but the pen didnt give up anything last night and Tampa Bay isnt exactly murderers row. Theyre known more for their pitching. The Sox could patch things together til Friday. The Orioles, however, have more hitters. The pen could be exposed there, on that youre right.

[/QUOTE]

hopeufully we have BP help in some form by then

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The forgotten man in all of this is Daniel Bard. Where is he? Has he gone missing?  Is he still injured? Why is he not on the 60 day DL? Has he been written off completely? Or is he working out in secret, trying to re-discover his 99 mph fastball?  

Stabbed by Foulke.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts