Red Sox bullpen burning out early from overuse

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Red Sox bullpen burning out early from overuse

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Any GM who is paying Dumpster and Lackey 30 million a year is not competent.

Ben inherited Lackey's contract. He is obliged to pay it. I guess those details just don't matter to clowns.

Breslow, Bailey and Hanrahan's injuries were not a result of overuse. 

Our 2013 starters have averaged exatly 6 IP per start (192/32).

Our 2012 starters averaged 5.73 IP per start. That a pretty significant differential- unnoticed by the clown.

On offense:

In 2012 our offense scored 0-3 runs 79 times (48.8%), 4 runs 17 times, and 5+ runs 66 times. The median runs scored was 4.

In 2013 our offense has scored 0-3 runs 12 times (37.5%), 4 runs 2 times, and 5+ runs 18 times. The median runs scored is 5.

More facts the clown is ignoring.

The clown other favorite ploy is to claim the Sox offense is aided by playing half the games at Fenway. While true, he ignores the fact that we are a top 3 road OPS team so far this year.

Our staff has done a great job so far this season. Of course it is early, and I don't expect these numbers to hold up all year, but so far...

The 2013 staff & defense has allowed ...

0-3 runs 16 times (50%)

4 runs 6 times (19%)

5 runs 5 times (16%)

6+ runs 5 times (16%, including just 6% with 9 or more runs allowed))

The 2012 staff:

0-3  34%

4      15%

5      15%

6+    35% (including 13% with 9 or more runs allowed)

These numbers show the main difference between 2012 and 2013. No, it's not "giddiness". I realize the season is early, and we are bound to hit some more rough patches over the next few months, but there are sure some signs of things turning around that the clown chooses to ignore out of some ego driven need to feel superior and all- knowing.

And even if some fans are getting "giddy", so what? The Sox are winning; isn't that a good thing?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

And even if some fans are getting "giddy", so what? The Sox are winning; isn't that a good thing?

Nah.  Some people aren't happy unless they aren't happy.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to trantor's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Tim Wastefield is available, to eat innings, while Hammerhand and Bailey are in the hospital.

Wastefield - a term used be an eleven yr. old schoolkid with a yo-yo in his hand to refer to Tim Wakefield.

If I were an eleven year old school kid, I'd be insulted being compared to softy?Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:

If I were an eleven year old school kid, I'd be insulted being compared to softy?Laughing

Softy still giggles at the memory of his former classmate Harry Johnson.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The title of the thread suggests a possible well thought out post. unfortunately its a cover for more senseless bashing with nothing to back it up.

This turn through, the rotation didnt go deep into the games as they have been doing. That along with Bailey not being available, Hanny just coming off the DL then toss in an extra innings game, and the bullpen was a bit overworked this week. I applaud Mort for bailing this team out last night, throwing 40+ pitches after throwing the night before to help preserve Dempster's start and help us win.

Dempster has been fine and nobody with a brain and understands baseball expected, or expects lackey to go any more than 5- 6IP at the most for the first few starts.

Dempster needs to give them at least 7IP tonight and Doubie does too, then they can get back on track. Bring up a fresh arm if need be.

Great win last night with Drew being the hero with a game tying HR and the game winning walk off hit. Going 4-5 with a HR and 3rbi.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:

In response to trantor's comment:

Tim Wastefield is available, to eat innings, while Hammerhand and Bailey are in the hospital.

Wastefield - a term used be an eleven yr. old schoolkid with a yo-yo in his hand to refer to Tim Wakefield.

you're assuming ms softy went to school.

I thought softy had a law degree from Harvard

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Red Sox starters this season rank in a tie for fourth in the league in innings per start:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/AL/2013-starter-pitching.shtml

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

The Red Sox starters this season rank in a tie for fourth in the league in innings per start:

Hill, dont confuse him with facts.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

BTW: Red Sox still have the best record in all of MLB.

That will never last, from one look at the roster that is in a 162 game qualifier and is just finished it's first tee shot of a 72 hole qualifier.

More clown math.

We are about 1/5th through the season, and the clown acts like it's 1/72nd.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

Don't bring the facts into a debate with a clown.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

That will never last, from one look at the roster that is in a 162 game qualifier and is just finished it's first tee shot of a 72 hole qualifier.

More clown math.

Good thing he's a lawyer.

His math is horrid....

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, average innings per start:

Do you have the standard deviation on that 6 week sample. And are you familiar with the book:

"How to Lie with Statistics", with a foreward by Carl Crawford, Theo Epstein and Ben Cherrington.

The master of stat manipulation and outright factual lies: the clown himself: softy.

- ever shifting criteria

- invented baseball terminology

-invented mathematical terminolgy

-goalposts made of balsa wood for easy repetitive movements

- a "do the math" thread littered with inaccuracies, but continously reposted after repeated warnings of factual errors.

- a third grade understanding of probabilities and sample size values (he once judged a player based on one pitch).

-brags he doesn't watch the games nor need to watch them and know more than us.

-counted ST stats like they were a 600 PA regular season sample size, and now wants to discount 32 "real games"

- counted Iggy's stats as valid, but suddenly 32 game sample sizes are useless.

-thought Bard's numbers as a starter were "decent"

-thought VMart would be an "elite hitter" and a top 8 htting firstbaseman over the length of his current contract, but claimed Matt Holliday was not an "elite hitter" when he signed with the Cards years ago.

-thinks "pop" means 600+ PAs and only HR power.

-thinks Iggy is a better hitter than Drew- right now.

-thinks Jake is a bum, but AZ would have handed us J Upton for him and a couple prospects not named JBJ (then denied he included Bogaerts, then admitted it with qulaifications, and now denies it again).

-though Jed was a bum, then complained we didn't strike gold when we traded him.

-thought Bill Hall and DMac were great players driven from Boston by racism.

-blamed the 2011 collapse on our 6th starter and back-up catcher.

-thinks the Marlins are the role model for small market teams and the Rays are pretenders.

-actually thinks Jeter is a great fielder because he has some Gold Glove Awards, but discounts Jake's award.

-thinks catcher defense is all about CS%, and actually thought Ramon "hands and legs of stone" Hernandez would have been a great signing for 2 years.

-thinks pitchers call their own shots every pitch of every game.

-advocated signing countless 4th rate pitchers to $1M a year deals, but who all ended up signing for $3M+ and having horrible following seasons as his plan to fix the rotation. (Now, he says our 3-5 starters are "weak".) Brilliant!

-blames Ben for Theo signings, blames Larry for all good signings and deals, and still blames Wake for anything and everything.

-thinks Drew can be traded now.

-thinks I was a racists for suggesting an offer to Papi that was larger than the one he ended up suggesting, basically admitting he is a racist using his own logic.

-thinks I voted for Obama because I dared criticize GW for starting this whole mess (Wars, deficit, unemployment...).

- I could go on, if you guys want some more laughs...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Why not? I like greatest hits albums. Blaming the 6th SP is a favorite of mine. It has a certain unprecedented cluelessness about it. And the cowbell was just right. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Do you have the standard deviation on that 6 week sample. And are you familiar with the book:

"How to Lie with Statistics", with a foreward by Carl Crawford, Theo Epstein and Ben Cherrington.

Your thread apparently is based on that small sample.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

1/5 is a critical juncture, in the marathon. Thanks for that Wastefield like stat sample, stooge.

Serious question: What do you know about marathons?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The master of stat manipulation and outright factual lies: the clown himself: softy.

- ever shifting criteria

- invented baseball terminology

-invented mathematical terminolgy

-goalposts made of balsa wood for easy repetitive movements

- a "do the math" thread littered with inaccuracies, but continously reposted after repeated warnings of factual errors.

- a third grade understanding of probabilities and sample size values (he once judged a player based on one pitch).

-brags he doesn't watch the games nor need to watch them and know more than us.

-counted ST stats like they were a 600 PA regular season sample size, and now wants to discount 32 "real games"

- counted Iggy's stats as valid, but suddenly 32 game sample sizes are useless.

-thought Bard's numbers as a starter were "decent"

-thought VMart would be an "elite hitter" and a top 8 htting firstbaseman over the length of his current contract, but claimed Matt Holliday was not an "elite hitter" when he signed with the Cards years ago.

-thinks "pop" means 600+ PAs and only HR power.

-thinks Iggy is a better hitter than Drew- right now.

-thinks Jake is a bum, but AZ would have handed us J Upton for him and a couple prospects not named JBJ (then denied he included Bogaerts, then admitted it with qulaifications, and now denies it again).

-though Jed was a bum, then complained we didn't strike gold when we traded him.

-thought Bill Hall and DMac were great players driven from Boston by racism.

-blamed the 2011 collapse on our 6th starter and back-up catcher.

-thinks the Marlins are the role model for small market teams and the Rays are pretenders.

-actually thinks Jeter is a great fielder because he has some Gold Glove Awards, but discounts Jake's award.

-thinks catcher defense is all about CS%, and actually thought Ramon "hands and legs of stone" Hernandez would have been a great signing for 2 years.

-thinks pitchers call their own shots every pitch of every game.

-advocated signing countless 4th rate pitchers to $1M a year deals, but who all ended up signing for $3M+ and having horrible following seasons as his plan to fix the rotation. (Now, he says our 3-5 starters are "weak".) Brilliant!

-blames Ben for Theo signings, blames Larry for all good signings and deals, and still blames Wake for anything and everything.

-thinks Drew can be traded now.

-thinks I was a racists for suggesting an offer to Papi that was larger than the one he ended up suggesting, basically admitting he is a racist using his own logic.

-thinks I voted for Obama because I dared criticize GW for starting this whole mess (Wars, deficit, unemployment...).

- I could go on, if you guys want some more laughs...

Oh please do...Im loving this...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

More clown math.

Good thing he's a lawyer.

His math is horrid....

It's not so much that his math is lazy, it is that he has an entitlement philosophy.  He is too lazy to look things up, and waits for people to prove him wrong.  That is the worst type of mistake to make.

The fact is that we are 9th out of 15 teams in RP innings pitched.  That means less innings pitched.  It is literally 30-40 seconds to look that up.

Sections
Shortcuts