Red Sox Catching Situation - Part Deux

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dentris. Show dentris's posts

Re: Red Sox Catching Situation - Part Deux

In Response to Re: Red Sox Catching Situation - Part Deux:
    [QUOTE]BetterSoftThanHillBillyRedneck - You, sir, are as boring as ever.  Let's see if a limerick will help: There once was a poster named Billy From this forum repeatedly tossed While he fancied himself quite the expert His mind was incredibly Soft I have mocked you with alliteration, haiku and now a limerick.  Please stop before I have to compose sonnets.
    Posted by 111SoxFan111[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Thats not a true Limerick. Needs 5 lines. Lines 1,2 and 5 rhyme. Lines 3 and 4 have usually only four to five syllables and rhyme, as well. Like the approach, though.

How about this: 

There once was a member named Billy
    His posts always stupid or silly
    some wish he was banned
    his brain, under-manned
    wonder if he looks like Meg Tilly

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]"Playing health dictates production in most cases. Especially with backstops. I'm sure both catchers will  feel  the 2nd half, and their numbers will follow suit." Harness - I don't know.  With a 60/40 split I think they are both about as protected/rested as possible.  Not saying there won't be some wear & tear, but I think the current platoon decreases the chances significantly.
    Posted by 111SoxFan111[/QUOTE]

I agree, which is why I advocated for a tandem at the start of the season.
    Just bringing to light the demands of the position going forward.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I'm amazed there are hardly 2 man catcher rotations yet, especially with the DH. I always thought baseball was headed in that direction.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

If rosters would expand accordingly, catching tandems might be more
    common-place. I would think tandems elongate careers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]If rosters would expand accordingly, catching tandems might be more common-place. I would think tandems elongate careers.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

The reason rosters have NOT expanded the last couple of decades, IMO, is it's the owner's way of sticking it to the PA, who has bargained just about every other knick knack. For example: If it wasn't for the PA, the DH would have been abolished yrs ago. As far as some recent suggestions to withold AS bonuses if the player doesn't have a justifiable reason to show up; the PA would never allow it; ditto for PEDs. Of course, practically every team abuses the DL, and Selig again is typically spineless regarding being more thorough with every DL transaction. On the same note: Mike Schmidt was interviewed recently; in 2007 him, Mays, Aaron, and a few other greats formed a committee on how to handle the "All-Star" problem. Recommendations were made, but after 4 yrs the report is still sitting on his desk and is "Under Advisement"; pathetic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I think the owners would be in favor of roster expansion, say to 27 players.
    It's the reprocussions that has Selig worried.