Red Sox Chock against lowly Blue Jays

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xmen. Show xmen's posts

Re: Red Sox Chock against lowly Blue Jays

I would not blame the whole team.I would blame the manager who can't handle a pitching staff.A bullpen that stinks,except for a couple of guys and a starting staff that stinks,except for Lester and Beckett.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Red Sox Chock against lowly Blue Jays:
    This team should shed the uniforms of the Great Boston Red Sox and play the rest of the season naked. They stink up and choke at every opportunity. They give up 21 runs in two games to a third world team. They stink and should forfeit the rest of their games. I am tired of watching these bums in the uniforms of my team of 70 years. They do not deserve to be baseball players much less Boston Red Sox.
    Posted by teddybaseball009

Anyone in particular in your little fantasy?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from docsoc. Show docsoc's posts

This team should shed the uniforms of the Great Boston Red Sox and play the rest of the season naked. They stink up and choke at every opportunity. They give up 21 runs in two games to a third world team. They stink and should forfeit the rest of their games. I am tired of watching these bums in the uniforms of my team of 70 years. They do not deserve to be baseball players much less Boston Red Sox.

Before you start commenting that Toronto is a "third world team" you might wanna take note that your country is resembling a third world country far more than Canada is these days if you hadn't noticed.  How's your dollar doing these days?  Your poverty levels??  The Jays may be in 4th place but they play from a far superior country bud.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

Feel free to pull for another team. We won't miss you. But you can't whine when we're playing in October, though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Thread author chocked posting the title.
    His OP regressed from there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

People have a right to be upset. What game were you watching tonight pal?

In Response to Re: Red Sox Chock against lowly Blue Jays:
    Feel free to pull for another team. We won't miss you. But you can't whine when we're playing in October, though.
    Posted by RonSwanson

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

That may have been the worst game of the season.  I get that blowout losses happen from time to time but nothing is more irritating and hard to watch than a great offensive explosion coupled with awful awful pitching from start to finish.  Albers is done and needs to go.  Keep Wheeler for mop up.  If not Buchholz, see if a guy like Weiland will work out of the pen.  Changes must be made because tonight was a season low-point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

You have 126 posts in two years. How about 2 posts in 126 years? (Sorry, Moon I stole your line again.)

What's really hilarious to me is the screenname you picked. You keep posting this crap, and believe your name makes it somehow OK. Here's a newsflash for you, posters can pick any name they want. It has absolutely nothing to do with who you are really. If anything, after reading your posts, I can easily tell you're a troll, not a Sox fan, and the name choice was deliberate.

See how that works?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Red Sox Chock against lowly Blue Jays : You have 126 posts in two years. How about 2 posts in 126 years? (Sorry, Moon I stole your line again.) What's really hilarious to me is the screenname you picked. You keep posting this crap, and believe your name makes it somehow OK. Here's a newsflash for you, posters can pick any name they want. It has absolutely nothing to do with who you are really. If anything, after reading your posts, I can easily tell you're a troll, not a Sox fan, and the name choice was deliberate. See how that works?
    Posted by kimsaysthis

More of the same from you; smearing and accusing posters from all persuasions, and keeping post score.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scarhill2000. Show scarhill2000's posts

Taps will be played at noon!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

In Response to Red Sox Chock against lowly Blue Jays : You have 126 posts in two years. How about 2 posts in 126 years? (Sorry, Moon I stole your line again.) What's really hilarious to me is the screenname you picked. You keep posting this crap, and believe your name makes it somehow OK. Here's a newsflash for you, posters can pick any name they want. It has absolutely nothing to do with who you are really. If anything, after reading your posts, I can easily tell you're a troll, not a Sox fan, and the name choice was deliberate. See how that works?
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Whaaaa, Whaaaa, Whaaaa  Kim stop crying, it is pathetic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1861. Show 1861's posts

What a stunning collaspe, how do you blow that game last night? This is not how you gear up for playoff baseball.  I wish Wakefield would get that 200th win.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sox504. Show Sox504's posts

Its amazing how Francona keeps his job....How about a bunt by Youk in the 8th with men on 1st and 2nd with no outs.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ____theyazzer________. Show ____theyazzer________'s posts

well, there's good news and bad news.
    the bad news is it's only going to get worse, and the SOX won't make the playoffs.
    the good news is that it will be the end for theo einstein and, hopefully, his dummy, 'coma.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ____theyazzer________. Show ____theyazzer________'s posts

Posted by RonSwanson

are you going to whine when the SOX aren't playing in october?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ____theyazzer________. Show ____theyazzer________'s posts

That may have been the worst game of the season.  I get that blowout losses happen from time to time but nothing is more irritating and hard to watch than a great offensive explosion coupled with awful awful pitching from start to finish.  Albers is done and needs to go.  Keep Wheeler for mop up.  If not Buchholz, see if a guy like Weiland will work out of the pen.  Changes must be made because tonight was a season low-point.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

thank god theo signed jd crawford; where would the SOX be without him?
    142 million dollars; mercy!
    two good changes would be the removal of theo and 'coma.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The complaints about Francona are based mostly on hindsight.  After the game Francona's explanation for pitching Bard against Bautista was simple:  Bautista was 0 for 5 against Bard with 3 k's.  Moreover, the walk that forced home the 7th run was after a long and tough at bat that started with two strikes.  

In retrospect, knowing what happened, I too would rather have seen Papelbon out there, but in the event there was a good rationale for leaving Bard in to face Bautista. 

If everyone is convinced that Bard couldn't/can't hack it in a tough situation, where does that leave this bullpen?  Albers has been lousy for a month.  Wheeler, who had a pretty good August, has not been very effective in September.  Aceves is still pretty good, but has thrown a lot of innings because of his ability to be a long reliever.  Looking ahead with guys like Lackey, Weiland, Miller, and Wake starting in the days to come--thanks to Beckett and Bedard nursing injuries--Aceves is going to be needed a lot as a long reliever, probably more than he can handle.

Bottom line, while it is possible--but by no means certain-- Francona made a bad decision by not bringing in Papelbon with the score 8-7, the larger reality is that this pitching staff is close to unmanageable.  Lester and the four dwarfs are the starters until Beckett and Bedard can come back.  Papelbon and Bard (who can still be effective, no question) and maybe Aceves to cover for the four dwarfs.  Doubront, Bowden, Albers, Morales, Wheeler, et al, are tantamount to cannon fodder. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

I would not blame the whole team.I would blame the manager who can't handle a pitching staff.A bullpen that stinks,except for a couple of guys and a starting staff that stinks,except for Lester and Beckett.
    Posted by xmen

That may not be the whole team, but man, that's about 50% of it.......   For what it's worth however this pitching staff that you say stinks, only gave up 1 run to the Blue Jays the first 2 games of this series, while our offense scored 25 runs in the last 2 games.  If all you knew was that ahead of time, wouldn't you be thinking we clearly would sweep this series?
    Yet still, we managed to lose 2 of 3, including blowing the hugely important game last night, that finally would put this 200 win thing to bed, and much more importantly, close the gap with the Yankees. 

This team is so totally out of sync right now it's hard to believe what we are seeing.

For all the stat lovers out there, is there any stat for good pitching getting no run support, and losing? As well as good offense combining with lousy pitching also resulting in a loss ?  If so, no doubt this team has to lead in that stat too!!!  

I am NOT now, nor ever have been, a Tito basher, but clearly someone from the top of the FO has to get involved NOW!!!  This is a problem that goes way beyond just injuries, or bad luck. Clearly this team has plenty of talent to still win no matter what we currently have for injuries, but right now we seem determined to find new, and more embarrassing ways to lose!
    This is exactly the time George would not be ashamed to take over the club house, blow a gasket, and let everyone from Theo, Tito and the players know what his expectations are, and what their jobs are!!!
    Anyone at the top paying attention or are all you guys just too busy counting all the money????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

The key batter in that inning was Eric Thames and once Bard walked him after he got ahead 0-2 to force in a run, Bard should have been out of there. He already threw more than 30- pitches at that point and we have seen Paps get 4 outs save in the past.

Bautista's past history vs Bard is superceded by how bad Bard's command was last night and Francona should have realized that and not go just strictly on Bautista's past history vs Bard.. That is a convenient excuse for reporters afterwards...

The way Bard was going after Thames drew a tough walk, Bard was practically on fumes and seemed like he was aiming the ball and walked Bautista on 5 pitches... So it didn't matter if Bautista was 0-20 vs Bard, he was not getting him out last night and Francona should have realized that and brought in Paps for a 4 out save..

Paps was not even warming when Bard was in bases loaded nobody out jam was perplexing...

Managers are paid to make instinctive decisions based on how the game is unfolding and not just make decisons based on past stats... Even a robot can make calls based on just stats...

n Response to Re: Red Sox Chock against lowly Blue Jays:
    The complaints about Francona are based mostly on hindsight.  After the game Francona's explanation for pitching Bard against Bautista was simple:  Bautista was 0 for 5 against Bard with 3 k's.  Moreover, the walk that forced home the 7th run was after a long and tough at bat that started with two strikes.   In retrospect, knowing what happened, I too would rather have seen Papelbon out there, but in the event there was a good rationale for leaving Bard in to face Bautista.  If everyone is convinced that Bard couldn't/can't hack it in a tough situation, where does that leave this bullpen?  Albers has been lousy for a month.  Wheeler, who had a pretty good August, has not been very effective in September.  Aceves is still pretty good, but has thrown a lot of innings because of his ability to be a long reliever.  Looking ahead with guys like Lackey, Weiland, Miller, and Wake starting in the days to come--thanks to Beckett and Bedard nursing injuries--Aceves is going to be needed a lot as a long reliever, probably more than he can handle. Bottom line, while it is possible--but by no means certain-- Francona made a bad decision by not bringing in Papelbon with the score 8-7, the larger reality is that this pitching staff is close to unmanageable.  Lester and the four dwarfs are the starters until Beckett and Bedard can come back.  Papelbon and Bard (who can still be effective, no question) and maybe Aceves to cover for the four dwarfs.  Doubront, Bowden, Albers, Morales, Wheeler, et al, are tantamount to cannon fodder. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wgorman7. Show wgorman7's posts

Panic at the disco.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

maxbialystock, glad you brought up the thing about Bard and Bautista, because that is the issue in a nutshell regarding Tito's tactical abilities as a manager. Managers, baseball or otherwise, are paid to get performance from their teams, given the situation at hand. For a manager to blithely cite some long term statistic, rather than acknowledging that Bard was clearly not on his game (and if Tito didn't understand that, he should be fired tomorrow), such that statistics might not help in that case, captures the essence of Tito as a manager I think. Managing by the book (or color by the numbers perhaps), really, in a key game in September? No question, in that situation a good tactical manager says to himself, forget the career numbers, Bard is not up to par tonight, Bautista is always a dangerous hitter, Bard does not have the luxury of pitching around him because the bases are loaded, and it's time to make a change.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Chock against lowly Blue Jays : More of the same from you; smearing and accusing posters from all persuasions, and keeping post score.  
    Posted by nhsteven

Actually, Steve, I think she was right smack on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Pretty simple guys...Bard who is our primary setup guy spit the bit, this one's on him becasue when he's in the game like Papelbon, you don't have guy in the pen warming, because you trust that he'll get the job done. Last night he couldn't locate his fastball...it was hard to watch but let's not pin this one on Francona, if it were the 9th and Papelbon was on the hill, the circumstances wouldn't have been any different.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

The complaints about Francona are based mostly on hindsight.  After the game Francona's explanation for pitching Bard against Bautista was simple:  Bautista was 0 for 5 against Bard with 3 k's.  Moreover, the walk that forced home the 7th run was after a long and tough at bat that started with two strikes.   In retrospect, knowing what happened, I too would rather have seen Papelbon out there, but in the event there was a good rationale for leaving Bard in to face Bautista.  If everyone is convinced that Bard couldn't/can't hack it in a tough situation, where does that leave this bullpen?  Albers has been lousy for a month.  Wheeler, who had a pretty good August, has not been very effective in September.  Aceves is still pretty good, but has thrown a lot of innings because of his ability to be a long reliever.  Looking ahead with guys like Lackey, Weiland, Miller, and Wake starting in the days to come--thanks to Beckett and Bedard nursing injuries--Aceves is going to be needed a lot as a long reliever, probably more than he can handle. Bottom line, while it is possible--but by no means certain-- Francona made a bad decision by not bringing in Papelbon with the score 8-7, the larger reality is that this pitching staff is close to unmanageable.  Lester and the four dwarfs are the starters until Beckett and Bedard can come back.  Papelbon and Bard (who can still be effective, no question) and maybe Aceves to cover for the four dwarfs.  Doubront, Bowden, Albers, Morales, Wheeler, et al, are tantamount to cannon fodder. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

Previous SS numbers have little relevance when a pitcher's form goes south.
    Bard's mechanics were way off. Curt Young was busy thinking about the night's buffet table...

Sections
Shortcuts