2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lmitaly. Show lmitaly's posts

Re: Red Sox clinch home field advantage

Congrats to the Sox!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Awesome

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Excellent and very well deserved.  Great team with a lot of heart!  So much fun to watch them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Now farrell can immediately remove all the regulars!!

Congrats to the team!!

Go Sox...cant wait for the post season to start for them!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Now farrell can immediately remove all the regulars!!

Congrats to the team!!

Go Sox...cant wait for the post season to start for them!!

no keep them in and pad their stats....i want victorino to get 3rbi's

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now let's hope for the Rays to get skunked or a 3 way tie!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope the Rays do lose tomorrow and Rangers wins.  That would paid it off from watching the Sox blowing the game on the last game of the year in 2011 while the Yankees purposely tanked themselves in the late innings to let the Rays to get into the playoff!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope the Rays do lose tomorrow and Rangers wins.  That would paid it off from watching the Sox blowing the game on the last game of the year in 2011 while the Yankees purposely tanked themselves in the late innings to let the Rays to get into the playoff!!

[/QUOTE]

I agree, it would be some nice pay back.  Joe Madden is so damn smug........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, it would be some nice pay back.  Joe Madden is so damn smug........

They probably wont lose today, and one could argue it would be better for the Sox if they don't because of the three way tie. However, I appreciate the irony if they do. If they lose today and complete the choke, they will end with a final record of 90-72. Does that sound familiar? If it happens you can believe I will go to the Rays site on mlb.com and remind their half dozen fans of it. I'll also tell them to savor the memory of 2011, because they can always have that moment for themselves. Just close your eyes amd imagine youre in your happy place, its two years ago and all is well, dont consider reality.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

congrats Soxers.....you earned it Cool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well, 3 way tie or no tie, no matter what happens we will face either

MOORE

DARVISH

or

JIMENEZ

on Friday......they are all pitching today so no way they pitch Mon Tue or Wed

So.........pick your poison.....I believe our entire post season hopes fall on the shoulders of Lester pitching a gem in Game 1......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Well, 3 way tie or no tie, no matter what happens we will face either

MOORE

DARVISH

or

JIMENEZ

on Friday......they are all pitching today so no way they pitch Mon Tue or Wed

So.........pick your poison.....I believe our entire post season hopes fall on the shoulders of Lester pitching a gem in Game 1......

AM, i expect he will...i think yesterday was just a grind of the season thing...but better he gets it out of the way now..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

and about time for the offseason media naysayers to step forward??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

It's a tough choice on whether I would rather see a 3 way tie or see the Rays get eliminated today.  I think I'd have to go with the latter though.  I really don't want to see the Rays in the playoffs.

Regardless of who the Sox play though, it's not going to be an easy road to the championship.  It doesn't matter what happened during the regular season.  In the playoffs, all bets are off.

I really like the Sox chances of winning it all, but I'm not taking any team for granted.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

In retrospect, it still ended badly for both teams, and even had we gotten in, with the way that Lester and Beckett were pitching, and no Buchholz or anything resembling a #3 SP, I have no confidence that we'd have advanced.  Our #3/4 at that point were Lackey (6.41) and Wakefield (5.12).  The Yankees tanking might've been a mercy killing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yeah I hope the Rays lose (Toronto is better than the Twins and Angels and they are at home) and then I'll take my chances.  Ideally with Cleveland since they have no closer and the Rangers have a couple of decent options....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Absolutely amazing. No matter what happens in the playoffs this season has been great to follow. What an amazing turn around. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

[QUOTE]

It's a tough choice on whether I would rather see a 3 way tie or see the Rays get eliminated today.  I think I'd have to go with the latter though.  I really don't want to see the Rays in the playoffs.

Regardless of who the Sox play though, it's not going to be an easy road to the championship.  It doesn't matter what happened during the regular season.  In the playoffs, all bets are off.

I really like the Sox chances of winning it all, but I'm not taking any team for granted.

[/QUOTE]

Based on HFA and talent level, the Sox have as good a chance as any team and better than most.

I wouldn't mind facing the Rays.

But, I want them out purely because I can't stand them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Does anyone have the time for the first two games yet??  Or has anyone heard any strong rumors??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Does anyone have the time for the first two games yet??  Or has anyone heard any strong rumors??

If by first two games you mean the wildcard games, here you go.

NL WILD CARD GAME

Reds at Pirates, Tuesday, 8:07 p.m. ET, TBS

AL WILD CARD GAME

AL Wild Card at AL Wild Card, Wednesday, 8:07 p.m. ET, TBS

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

If by first two games you mean the wildcard games, here you go.

NL WILD CARD GAME

Reds at Pirates, Tuesday, 8:07 p.m. ET, TBS

AL WILD CARD GAME

AL Wild Card at AL Wild Card, Wednesday, 8:07 p.m. ET, TBS

[/QUOTE]

Thanks

I meant G1 and G2 for the Sox ALDS series........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I agree. I want the Rays out of the picture. Price and Moore (and even Cobb) are formidable. The Indians, despite their recent success, would probably be our best matchup. Ideally a three way tie followed by the Rays getting bounced would be great, but just eliminating them from the picture is fine too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I meant G1 and G2 for the Sox ALDS series........

Sorry, no word on times for those games yet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

That Friday game concerns me because the west coast team's may get the day games

I think there will have to be 2 PM games anyways......and I am sure the Sox are a front runner for 1 of those games.......I hope!

Sections
Shortcuts