Red Sox clinch home field advantage

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Red Sox clinch home field advantage

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

That Friday game concerns me because the west coast team's may get the day games

I think there will have to be 2 PM games anyways......and I am sure the Sox are a front runner for 1 of those games.......I hope!

not me. i am going to game 2 and would prefer it to be a night game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I agree. I want the Rays out of the picture. Price and Moore (and even Cobb) are formidable. The Indians, despite their recent success, would probably be our best matchup. Ideally a three way tie followed by the Rays getting bounced would be great, but just eliminating them from the picture is fine too.

You really need to stop agreeing with me Pumpsie.  You are starting to get me worried.  ;-)

I probably look at who I want to match up with differently than most other people.  I look at it like this.  Which team would cause the least amount of hurt if they were to eliminate us from the playoffs?   That's the team I want to go up against.

For that reason, the Yankees had to go first.  The Os and Rays are next, in no particular order.

By the same reasoning, the Indians are the team that I hope makes it in.  Obviously I want the Sox to win it all, but if we don't, I just can't be that upset if Francona takes his team all the way.

As hard as I might try not to let this happen, there are times that my heart wins out over my head.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

That Friday game concerns me because the west coast team's may get the day games

I think there will have to be 2 PM games anyways......and I am sure the Sox are a front runner for 1 of those games.......I hope!

I hope they are all night games!!!!!!  but especially G1 and G2 (ALCS and WS will be night games for sure)........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

great avatar; on first glance I thought it was a crustacean

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

I agree. I want the Rays out of the picture. Price and Moore (and even Cobb) are formidable. The Indians, despite their recent success, would probably be our best matchup. Ideally a three way tie followed by the Rays getting bounced would be great, but just eliminating them from the picture is fine too.

You really need to stop agreeing with me Pumpsie.  You are starting to get me worried.  ;-)

I probably look at who I want to match up with differently than most other people.  I look at it like this.  Which team would cause the least amount of hurt if they were to eliminate us from the playoffs?   That's the team I want to go up against.

For that reason, the Yankees had to go first.  The Os and Rays are next, in no particular order.

By the same reasoning, the Indians are the team that I hope makes it in.  Obviously I want the Sox to win it all, but if we don't, I just can't be that upset if Francona takes his team all the way.

As hard as I might try not to let this happen, there are times that my heart wins out over my head.

I agree with you when I think what you wrote is what I think too. The reasons are apparently different in this case: I am looking for the path of least resistance to a championship. Price and Moore could give us more trouble than any two SP on the Indians or Rangers, though they will also be tough. As far as Francona winning, he is the Indians manager now. And as for the "Yankees had to go first", well, the Yankees ALWAYS have to go first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

you guys have had a great regular season...can't wish you luck..but i'll say enjoy the ride....have a great week everybody!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

if the Rangers hold on, looks like we'll get some bonus ball!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I'm not afraid of the rays, bring them on.  The sox are a good team, they have worked hard all season and have the best record in the AL.  I know short series can be a crap shoot but I say let's have at the rays!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

I'm not afraid of the rays, bring them on.  The sox are a good team, they have worked hard all season and have the best record in the AL.  I know short series can be a crap shoot but I say let's have at the rays!

We will be favored in every series we play, and should be the favorites to win a ring. Even so the chances of us actually doing that are far below 50%. No matter. Its all gravy to me from here on in. Its been a remarkable season and I for one will enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

We will be favored in every series we play, and should be the favorites to win a ring. Even so the chances of us actually doing that are far below 50%. No matter. Its all gravy to me from here on in. Its been a remarkable season and I for one will enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

We may not be the favorites vs the Tigers - and anything can happen in terms of injuries too....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

We may not be the favorites vs the Tigers - and anything can happen in terms of injuries too....

agree. It also depends on what happens in the ALDS also. If the sox go 5 games against the indians and detroit rolls over oakland then the tigers would likely be favored over us since they make quick work of a better team than the sox did.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

agree. It also depends on what happens in the ALDS also. If the sox go 5 games against the indians and detroit rolls over oakland then the tigers would likely be favored over us since they make quick work of a better team than the sox did.

exactly

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

another scenario is Lester throws 130 pitches in Game 5 and Buck is forced to pitch in Relief......That means in a 7 game series you would have Peavy and Lackey pitch twice....

Sections
Shortcuts