Red Sox "Close" to deal with John Farrell.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Red Sox "Close" to deal with John Farrell.

There were indications on Saturday night that the Red Sox were moving closer to a deal that would make John Farrell their next manager, a baseball source said.

A source with knowledge of the situation confirmed that talks with the Toronto Blue Jays, Farrell's present employer, are ongoing. The Red Sox will need to satisfy the Blue Jays' demands for compensation for allowing Farrell to leave the organization with a year remaining on his current contract.

A source said the Sox are hopeful of having a manger in place prior to the start of the World Series, which begins Wednesday in either St. Louis or San Fransisco. The source would not confirm progress toward landing Farrell, but it has been obvious the last few days that the Sox are focused on their former pitching coach who worked for them from 2007-2010.

Full Article: http://www.csnne.com/baseball-boston-redsox/redsox-talk/Source-Sox-appear-close-to-deal-with-Far?blockID=791327&feedID=3352

What's your thoughts?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Red Sox

Why would Farrell want to throw away two years of hard work with "his" team to come into a giant mess here? What sort of manager abandons his players like that?

Also I have seen Toronto players, writers, and forum posters (www.thestar.com) talk about the following:

1) lack of basic fundamentals on the base paths and in the field

2) lack of accountability with players for poor attitude or performance

Toronto should have been a .500 team but underperformed. Why would Toronto want to start over breaking in a new manger for say a "Daniel Bard" ?? They must not believe in Farrell.

Sound familiar?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Why would the Sox want to trade any player for a manager whose teams have finished in 4th place in their division each year he's managed the team? Also Toronto is asking for Clay Buccholz in return for Farrell,quack thats not going too happen nor are they going to send any of their top prospects to Toronto, maybe a couple of medium tier players but none of their top 45 players. So if Toronto wants to ask for the moon I wish them luck next year  and if I were running the Sox my next manager would be named Tony either Larussa or Pena.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why would Farrell want to throw away two years of hard work with "his" team to come into a giant mess here? What sort of manager abandons his players like that?

Also I have seen Toronto players, writers, and forum posters (www.thestar.com) talk about the following:

1) lack of basic fundamentals on the base paths and in the field

2) lack of accountability with players for poor attitude or performance

Toronto should have been a .500 team but underperformed. Why would Toronto want to start over breaking in a new manger for say a "Daniel Bard" ?? They must not believe in Farrell.

Sound familiar?

[/QUOTE]

I Agree... In a unlikely twist on this John Farrell Situation Peter Gammons tweeted Farrell may not be the favorite over Brad Ausmus. Thoughts?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

My thought is that I hope Gammons is right!

Hopefully discussions with Farrell were to see if they really thought he was a minor league prospect better than Ausmus.  And, hopefully, they realized he is not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My thought is that I hope Gammons is right!

Hopefully discussions with Farrell were to see if they really thought he was a minor league prospect better than Ausmus.  And, hopefully, they realized he is not.

[/QUOTE]

Yessss I really vouched for Ausmus! Even if Farrell is indeed hired over Ausmus, we should at least bring him over as a bench coach or something.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

Red Sox Hire John Farrell

By Zach Links [October 20, 2012 at 10:18pm CST]

The Red Sox have hired John Farrell to be their next manager, according to Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com (via Twitter).

Screw my last post. Dammit. Whatever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

toooo late! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Losing Aviles for Farrell is no big deal at all...Also heard Adam Lind could be involved as well. The rules state that players have to be exchanged in a deal like this. As long as it wasnt a good prospect, I dont mind. Ben and LL better pray that Farrell does well here. Either one of them, or both, could be looking for work after 2 straight screw ups with managers...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

It's just one mistake after another with this team. It's really amazing how inept this organization has become in just a few years.  I give all of you guys credit though, you're good fans. This team is going to be even worse this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's just one mistake after another with this team. It's really amazing how inept this organization has become in just a few years.  I give all of you guys credit though, you're good fans. This team is going to be even worse this year.

[/QUOTE]

What makes you believe that?

We will have no Valentine, so the clubhouse atmosphere should be a lot better. Everyone should come into ST healthy. Remember we had no Papi, Middlebrooks, Pedey was hurt along with Ellsbury and a whole list of players on the DL.

I also believe the pitching staff are and will be better than 2012. More moves are still going to happen. These guys arent done by a longshot...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Cannot ignore the fact writers, Toronto posters, and mosty important Jay players were saying about Farrell. Tito II has arrived.